Like on my SE W810, I was wondering if there is anyway to activate just the flash to use as a flash light? Thanks
    05-12-07 10:41 PM
    Not sure but this is a good application that might do what you need.

MYFLASHLIGHT HERE
    05-12-07 11:22 PM
    Instead of the display I would like to use the flash for the camera... Does a 3rd party program allow you to do this...?
    05-13-07 12:11 AM
    I just did a little research and from everything I'm reading it sounds like the answer is no. Anyone else out there find any other information?
    05-13-07 01:21 PM
    I have not heard of any software that does this, and I'm not sure that the flash would be bright enough anyway. If it was, it would surely wear down your battery pretty quick. Some users have used BBlight to use their screens as a flashlight.
    05-13-07 05:57 PM
    Sorry the answer isn't any different, Legaleye2005....Found a few threads on some other forums regarding this (did a little more searching) and they are in agreement - no go....
    05-13-07 06:06 PM
    There is an app called Blinkberry. Works great and it's free.
    It's a demo and uses the LED in the top righthand corner. DO NOT BUY THE APP, just use the demo. I don't think I can post links, but if you search the other forums you should find it. It works great! nice and bright.
    05-15-07 04:23 AM
    Here is the link for those that want to try it out.
    05-16-07 09:31 AM
    Thanks kasperapd!!
    05-16-07 08:44 PM
    hmmm...sounds pretty good...i think i might try this one out...thanks for the link!!
    05-18-07 09:49 PM
    I just tried that link, did the installer. It doesn't work. Now every time I click on the Demo icon my bb freezes. How can I delete this thing? My app. loader doesn't give me the option to delete it.
    08-08-07 11:16 PM
    nevermind.
    08-08-07 11:39 PM
    My wife was just talking about this feature lasts night. Thank you!
    08-25-07 08:29 PM
    Hey, you can get the light thingy here or here. Both Apps turn it into a light of one form or another. Doesn't look like it would be more useful than just turning the screen on but its up to you. (I have stuff on my phone that is useless to me but it makes me happy so I can understand).
    08-30-07 08:43 PM
    Here is the url=http://greentechmobiledotcom/blinkberry/]link[] for those that want to try it out.
    i tryed this and it doesnt even work maybe im doing something wrong but its confusing i dont understand why we have to make its own folder and we can even save it where i want to i want a led program just not this one unless someone shows me that it works =/
    06-02-08 04:07 AM
    i tryed this and it doesnt even work maybe im doing something wrong but its confusing i dont understand why we have to make its own folder and we can even save it where i want to i want a led program just not this one unless someone shows me that it works =/
    sorry sorry i got it too work and its just what i was lookin for ! sorry again i shoulda kept messin with it till i got it ! next time ill make sure i got everything right before i post
    06-02-08 04:17 AM

hiya... i just tried the link myself also... didnt work o well
    06-08-08 11:49 PM
    I just found a trick for this.

Go to the video recorder and set the light to be On instead of Automatic. You don't need to be recording anything the light will just stay on as long as you're in the video recorder.

- rmjb
    11-18-08 08:13 AM
    The best way I use the bright light on my Pearl is I changed the option on Video Camera for Video Light from "Automatic" to "On". Whenever I need the light I just open the Video Camera application and scroll on the trackball to keep the light on. If you press the ball it will start the video recording but scrolling the ball keeps the light on. Works for me it should work for you.
    11-18-08 09:36 AM
    I don't think it's possible n the 8100, as it doesn't have a video camera, just a regular one with the light only used for flash, so I don't think there's a way to keep it on, other than when it just flashes for a second when taking pics.

But with my 8120 there's a video camera so you can just go to the video recorder, set the light to 'On' and it'll constantly stay on.
    11-19-08 12:55 PM
    The only problem with launching the video camera manually is that the light will go off when your back light turns off. I keep my back light timeout short to conserve battery life. You can get the following flashlight app that will also launch the video camera from a unique icon and will make sure the light stays on forever. Here is the link :

ONE TOUCH FLASHLIGHT - USES VIDEO CAMERA LIGHT
    The 8100 does not have video capability, and won't be able to utilize this app. Wish it could.
    07-13-09 08:55 PM
    Thanks for the blinkberry link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD