How do I do this?

I have BB Bridge on my Z10 and PlayBook; laptop, Z10 and PB are on the same wifi. I can't connect the PB to the laptop via USB.
    09-11-15 06:39 PM
    First, find the IP address on your Playbook. Open Settings, then on the About screen, choose Network from the dropdown menu. Your IP will be the IPv4 entry (ignore any grayed out numbers). It'll probably be something like 192.168.0.100. Now, still under settings, choose Storage and Sharing and turn on File Sharing and Wifi Sharing. Then, on your laptop (this assumes you're running Windfows 7- Windows 8 or 8.1 or 10 may be somewhat different) open the Start menu, then Accessories, then Run. In the Open box, type (using the above example) \\192.168.0.100 and then hit enter. Hopefully. you'll now see two folders, one called media. Open it, and you can now drag and drop (or copy/paste) tunes into your PB's music folder.
    09-11-15 07:15 PM
    What's the reason you can't connect via usb? Bad usb port on the Playbook? Wifi works as above, but I have to say I've been disappointed in the wifi for larger transfers. Wifi is slightly slower than USB and I found the transfer rates moves all over the place on wifi vs a steady transfer rate over USB. Just my experience.
    09-18-15 09:05 AM
    The PB USB doesn't present itself as a storage device per se. Turning on the PB Dev Mode will assign a local IP address to the USB. You can use that to transfer files to/from the PB via its USB. It yet another example of the PB's tight security mechanism.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 03:29 AM
    What's the reason you can't connect via usb? Bad usb port on the Playbook? Wifi works as above, but I have to say I've been disappointed in the wifi for larger transfers. Wifi is slightly slower than USB and I found the transfer rates moves all over the place on wifi vs a steady transfer rate over USB. Just my experience.
    I got the sync wire wrapped around my chair. I turned around to get something, and the rest is rapid charger history.
    10-05-15 01:56 PM
    Tovento, I'm transferring some music to my PlayBook now. It's slow, but a lot faster than not having a transfer option.
    10-05-15 04:26 PM
    I want to transfer some more music. When I try to open the media folder, Windows Security is requesting a password. It's not accepting the Playbook password, BBID password, nor the Network Admin password.

Any idea what this is?
    01-24-16 09:36 AM
    Open Settings, then Storage and Sharing. If Password Protect is turned on, turn it off. This is not the same as the PB's password.
    01-24-16 05:11 PM
    Thanks pacoman, but isn't that password required to share over wifi?
    01-24-16 08:38 PM
    No. If you turn off the wifi password, you won't be prompted for it by windows. The only problem with turning off the password is that anyone connected to your network will be able to access your playbook. That being said, I just checked on my PB and it requires you to input the wifi sharing password to disable it, so what I said before doesn't really help. Anyhow, you might try inputting any other passwords that you typically might use and see if they work..
    01-24-16 09:31 PM
    Thank you
    02-01-16 07:28 AM
    I ignored the password pop up on my computer. My music transferred fine.

Thanks again!
    02-06-16 10:32 AM