This afternoon, my Passport stopped receiving calls. On the caller's side, it will ring a few times and then go to my voicemail. On the Passport, I don't get any notifications. I called T-Mobile and they re-provisioned the sim card. It worked while the representative tested it, but when I got off the phone with him, and tested it a few minutes later, it was back to not working. I am able to make outgoing calls.

Since it isn't a T-Mobile phone, there is only so much help they will give me. Wondering if anyone here has run into a similar issue, and has found a solution.

Thanks!

[UPDATE] Solution posted below. Thanks everyone for the tips, and help!
    Last edited by hoopitz; 09-10-15 at 02:08 PM.
    09-09-15 08:11 PM
    i use it on tmobile never had problems try maybe airplane mode off and on or try restarting it
    09-09-15 08:23 PM
    i use it on tmobile never had problems try maybe airplane mode off and on or try restarting it
    I already restarted a couple of times, still not working. I'm going to try maybe sticking my sim card in my wife's phone. Hoping it's a sim card issue and not my phone.
    09-09-15 08:29 PM
    Do you have full bars of service? Sometimes when I only have one bar with tmobile on my passport the same thing will happen to people calling me too.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 08:30 PM
    Do you have full bars of service? Sometimes when I only have one bar with tmobile on my passport the same thing will happen to people calling me too.
    Thanks for the reply. I have, at least, 3 bars, so I don't think reception should be the issue.

Here's something weird - If i take the sim card out and then put it back in, it works again. Then, a couple minutes later, it stops. I put the SIM in my wife's phone, and everything worked just fine, so the issue must be with the phone.
    09-09-15 09:46 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have, at least, 3 bars, so I don't think reception should be the issue.

Here's something weird - If i take the sim card out and then put it back in, it works again. Then, a couple minutes later, it stops. I put the SIM in my wife's phone, and everything worked just fine, so the issue must be with the phone.
    Damn, that's too bad. I was hoping it was the one bar thing, even though it sounds like an odd problem. Good luck getting it fixed. Maybe try a factory reset? Hopefully someone else here may know of a possible solution.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 12:13 AM
    Try OS reload

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    09-10-15 05:09 AM
    T-Mobile on an unlocked AT&T Passport for 4 months now, no issues. Even though the SIM works in your wife's phone ok, I'd still replace with a new one. I think TMO only charges $10 for a new SIM card. Cheap insurance to know it's not the SIM. Also, maybe try another carrier SIM if you're able to see if the same issue happens on the different carrier SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:36 AM
    09-10-15 09:28 AM
    Try OS reload

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    Just reloaded the OS, and same thing. The OS it loaded is 10.3.2.2226, but then when I started up the phone, it told me that there was another update available, but it was the same version, and only 2 MB. I tried to skip it, but it made me install it. I'm downloading an autoloader of the new update that i don't have yet (10.3.2639) - going to try to install this and see what happens.

No luck. Thanks for the tip though.
    09-10-15 12:07 PM
    Well, I went to the T-Mobile store and looked like an ***** because when they called my phone, it worked just fine. I stayed there for a good 15 minutes and had them try every few minutes. That meant, it had to be something to do with being at home. What I failed to mention in my original post, is that I use a T-Mobile signal booster in the house. When i was troubleshooting yesterday, the first thing that i did was unplug it, and since the problem was still happening, i ruled it out as being the cause. What i didn't think about, however, which Jean-Luc Orlando pointed out was that now I only had 1 bar of reception, so calls weren't coming through. When I got back from T-Mobile today, I unplugged the booster, propped my phone up by the window for better reception, and voila. Called T-Mobile and they are sending me a new one.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help. Funny tidbit is that when I called T-Mobile tech support again yesterday night, he told me he was going to look up to see what he could find. In a minute, he said "I found a thread on CrackBerry that may be useful..."
    09-10-15 02:17 PM
    Well, I went to the T-Mobile store and looked like an ***** because when they called my phone, it worked just fine. I stayed there for a good 15 minutes and had them try every few minutes. That meant, it had to be something to do with being at home. What I failed to mention in my original post, is that I use a T-Mobile signal booster in the house. When i was troubleshooting yesterday, the first thing that i did was unplug it, and since the problem was still happening, i ruled it out as being the cause. What i didn't think about, however, which Jean-Luc Orlando pointed out was that now I only had 1 bar of reception, so calls weren't coming through. When I got back from T-Mobile today, I unplugged the booster, propped my phone up by the window for better reception, and voila. Called T-Mobile and they are sending me a new one.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help. Funny tidbit is that when I called T-Mobile tech support again yesterday night, he told me he was going to look up to see what he could find. In a minute, he said "I found a thread on CrackBerry that may be useful..."
    Funnily enough the same thing happened to me with three bars of reception today, usually it only happens with one. I have a signal booster with t mobile just like you and with three bars when someone called it went straight to voicemail as well. At least it notified me, unlike my note 4 where it never told me I even missed a call. Honestly, I think it's t mobile. Whether it somehow misrepresents the actually service and makes the signal look higher than it is, it's evident that three bars is not three bars if people calling go straight to voicemail. I also had t mobile send me out a new signal booster and it does the same thing unfortunately. Usually what I do now since it's not a guarantee I'll get a call in my house is tell people to call me via whatsapp. Until t mobile actually upgrades their towers it looks like it will be a continued problem. Once out of the house everything is generally perfect. I hope the new box helps you out better. Hopefully we get WiFi calling at some point.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 02:55 PM
    do you guys get the little blackberries next to your signal bars when at home ? ive seen in bad service areas where the berries disappear still have a few bars but the phone is useless no calls or data
    09-10-15 03:01 PM
    do you guys get the little blackberries next to your signal bars when at home ? ive seen in bad service areas where the berries disappear still have a few bars but the phone is useless no calls or data
    I have them while at home. Out of interest what do they signify?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 03:34 PM
    i think it means your connected to bb services without it i think your bbm might not work
    09-10-15 04:12 PM
    Yeah, I've got them when I'm at home.

Funnily enough...
    This is the first time I've run into this issue, while using the booster. Mind you, maybe I've been missing calls all the time, and just don't know about it! I use this phone for business, so maybe I'll just start forwarding to my house line (yes, I still have a house line) while I'm at the home office, to make sure everything comes through.

Wi-Fi calling would be incredible! Since T-Mobile sells the Classic, maybe there is hope that they will provision it to work with the Passport. I won't hold my breath, though.
    09-10-15 04:58 PM
    Yeah, I've got them when I'm at home.

This is the first time I've run into this issue, while using the booster. Mind you, maybe I've been missing calls all the time, and just don't know about it! I use this phone for business, so maybe I'll just start forwarding to my house line (yes, I still have a house line) while I'm at the home office, to make sure everything comes through.

Wi-Fi calling would be incredible! Since T-Mobile sells the Classic, maybe there is hope that they will provision it to work with the Passport. I won't hold my breath, though.
    Yea that's the worrying thing for me too. I'm pretty sure I get all my calls including the missed ones, however, when using the phone for business it is a bit disconcerting. I've been thinking of doing the same with forwarding my number. I hope they do, if it only works for the classic then I'll get one of those as a secondary phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:10 PM