Hello everyone. I just picked up a Blackberry Passport from Craigslist, and I really need your help. I've been searching for answers, but I could not find anything.

When I got home from work (work graveyard), I plugged in my passport to charge. 6 hours later, the damn thing wasn't fully charged, it was at 73% (I plugged it in when it was 15%). So here is what I'm wondering, do I need to have the OEM charger? I just noticed that the charger that I bought it with is not the OEM one. So do you guys/gals think that maybe that is the problem?

Everything is stock, I do not have any Amazon apps installed. I checked Device Manager/ Battery Usage, and there is really nothing running in the background.

Just did a hard reset, but what's really bothering me is the charger, so before I pull the trigger and buy a OEM charger from eBay , I want to make sure that this is the problem first. Hope I can get some help. Thanks in advance everyone.
    09-04-15 10:00 PM
    The charger could certainly be the problem. I believe the OEM Passport charger is a 1amp.

You could also try another wall plug too. I have one bad plug at my office that won't charge my device. I tried 3 different chargers before I realized and switched to another plug. Voila - all 3 chargers worked! Give it a try before you buy another.
    Chuco Rifa likes this.
    09-04-15 10:19 PM
    Yes, the large battery needs a better charger. Older chargers were often only 0.7 amps. That's fine for overnight, but 1.5 amp or better is good.

Find a Blackberry playbook charger on Amazon, they're great and 1.7 amps will charge a lot faster. OEM doesn't matter though, just a newer one with higher current.

Posted via CB10
    Chuco Rifa likes this.
    09-04-15 10:25 PM
    Thanks a lot, guys!!!!! I was starting to get a little worried here. I mean, I bought the Passport for $230 on CL, I was starting to get a little worried here, thinking that maybe there was something wrong with it.

I ended up switching chargers. I'm charging it with my Microsoft Lumia 640's charger and I can see the big difference. It's starting to charge fast. I will be buying a blackberry charger, tho. Thanks again for your help!
    09-05-15 12:09 AM
    Great. Glad you're sorted.
    09-05-15 12:12 AM
    Check the label for the charger- it is probably 700mA or less. Find a charger in the 1 amp range or as above poster said, the old Playbook charger is great. I have various chargers in my house and all will work but anything under 700 is kinda useless.
    Chuco Rifa likes this.
    09-06-15 08:16 AM
    Also, when using a third party charger, a little message will pop up on the screen indicating to use the OEM charger for faster charge of the battery.
    Chuco Rifa likes this.
    09-06-15 10:58 AM
    Thanks a lot, guys!!!!! I was starting to get a little worried here. I mean, I bought the Passport for $230 on CL, I was starting to get a little worried here, thinking that maybe there was something wrong with it.

I ended up switching chargers. I'm charging it with my Microsoft Lumia 640's charger and I can see the big difference. It's starting to charge fast. I will be buying a blackberry charger, tho. Thanks again for your help!
    230 is a f:+'ing steal for a Passport.

Posted via my Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2576
    Chuco Rifa likes this.
    09-06-15 11:04 AM
    Check the label for the charger- it is probably 700mA or less. Find a charger in the 1 amp range or as above poster said, the old Playbook charger is great. I have various chargers in my house and all will work but anything under 700 is kinda useless.
    Yeah, I saw that! The charger that came with the phone was like 130ma!
    The Microsoft Lumia is like 700ma. Big difference. I think i'm just going to use my Lumia's charger. It takes about 2 hrs & 45 minutes to fully charge. I mean, compare that to 6 hours. Big difference! Thanks.

Also, when using a third party charger, a little message will pop up on the screen indicating to use the OEM charger for faster charge of the battery.
    That's awesome! I went to go read the battery icons and it says that it the lighting charge is showing red, you need to switch chargers, but thanks, learned something new.
    230 is a f:+'ing steal for a Passport.

Posted via my Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2576
    Tell me about it. I was going to buy the Z30, but i read that it doesn't support LTE in my state, so i started looking at the classic. People were saying that it's the same as the Q10. So I passed on that. I really didn't want to get the Passport because of it's size, but then i read the reviews, and watched countless YT videos, and i said what the hell, if i don't like it, it'll just be my back up phone until the Venice Slider comes out. Saw an ad on CL and called him up. I think the dude didn't know it was BB10 cause the ad said that it was an Android. Any who, the only thing that is wrong with it, is that it has two cracks in the lower back (battery cover). I think when he first got it, he tried to open the bottom (instead of the top) to insert his sim and snapped it. It's not that bad, I ordered a Skin and that will make it look brand new. Either way, $230 was a good price. No regrets. Love this monster! THAT HUB, man!!!!!!
    sesp9 likes this.
    09-07-15 08:17 AM
    I would like to recommend https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=DxsIa7BC .

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 08:50 AM
    Do you have this? I'm still going to buy a charger, been checking out a Playbook charger. They're going for less than $10.
    09-10-15 09:48 AM