How can i make the clock on the external display Digital?
    11-26-08 04:55 PM
    Just watched the review and Figured it out

Thanks Crack Berry
    11-26-08 05:06 PM
    clock>option.. i like the flip clock the best.. .
    flip clock for my flip berry
    11-26-08 05:59 PM
    Sorry to be obsessed with getting the clock back on the front of my flip BUT I've tried all options in 'clock' and can't get it! Can anyone help? Thanks
    12-13-08 12:36 AM
    Sorry to be obsessed with getting the clock back on the front of my flip BUT I've tried all options in 'clock' and can't get it! Can anyone help? Thanks
    What is it doing or not doing? If it is not showing on the front display try a battery pull 1st. Next I would try a different theme.
    12-13-08 07:39 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried a battery pull and have gone back to the original theme it came with. No luck. TMobile just won't get off the front! I'm going to search for a new theme because I'm not sure it's worth trying to fix it!
    12-13-08 11:37 AM
    have you tried updating to the latest OS?
    12-13-08 11:47 AM
    Upon testing my phone it says I have the latest OS. I found the way, in the forums, to press ALT and a few letters and the OS looked ok. I'll check it again. Thanks!
    12-13-08 11:50 AM
    Upon testing my phone it says I have the latest OS. I found the way, in the forums, to press ALT and a few letters and the OS looked ok. I'll check it again. Thanks!
    If you have .180 then you updated the OS. When you did the update did you go through the list of components to be installed and select all the programs you want or need or did you go with the default install. I went through the list and selected what I wanted and unchecked the junk, and have had no problems.
    12-13-08 12:00 PM
    Just learned something new, I had no idea. I ditvhed the analog for the flip clock.

Thanks
    12-13-08 02:48 PM
    Looks like conmetal ditched something I'm trying to get, almost funny! I've done everything imaginable, chaned themes, made sure my OS is ok, went into clock options, etc. I think I'll call TMobile since I think it came from them. Thanks everyone
    12-13-08 04:29 PM
    yeah I just updated and I lost my clock on the external display. Any help would be great.
    12-14-08 02:10 AM
    yeah I just updated and I lost my clock on the external display. Any help would be great.
    What do you see on the external display now? Did you try a battery pull?
    12-14-08 02:16 PM
    It was just showing Tmobile's logo on it. I called tmobile and they were clueless. They transferred me to RIM and they had me reinstall 3 times. They said sometimes it just hangs up and it doesn't get all of the information that it needs.
    12-14-08 10:54 PM
    It was just showing Tmobile's logo on it. I called tmobile and they were clueless. They transferred me to RIM and they had me reinstall 3 times. They said sometimes it just hangs up and it doesn't get all of the information that it needs.
    Did you get it fixed with the reinstall?
    12-14-08 11:04 PM
    Here I am again!! I spent 102 minutes on the phone with TMobile last night. I attempted to re-load my OS and it never gave me the option to check 'clock'. Sorry to see others having my problem. Found suggestions to go into Desktop Manager and disable auto updating. Did that and it didn't work. Still praying for a fix! Thanks
    12-14-08 11:56 PM
    Also deleted vendor file but got a good idea (from somewhere) to load programs through 'loader.exe' to bypass DManager. Much simpler and quicker.
    12-14-08 11:59 PM
    Did you ever delete any per installed media files off your Phone or omit them during an update?
    12-15-08 12:07 AM
    Here's what I think .... MAYBE I didn't check the clock option when installing applications. MAYBE. (Thus deleting it) When I was on the phone with TMobile, I determined that the problem might be with the fact that I now have no more clock OR bedside clock functions. SOOO I think it all boils down to a loss of any clock application I may have had. Does your problem sound similar??
    12-15-08 12:15 AM
    Here's what I think .... MAYBE I didn't check the clock option when installing applications. MAYBE. (Thus deleting it) When I was on the phone with TMobile, I determined that the problem might be with the fact that I now have no more clock OR bedside clock functions. SOOO I think it all boils down to a loss of any clock application I may have had. Does your problem sound similar??
    I looked back at the install options and there was nothing clock related. I did read in another forum that the per installed themes and some media files are required for the clock to display. Maybe you will have to do a downgrade to.151 and then reinstall .180. My clock is functional.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 12:30 AM
    Yeah, I am pretty irritated with that as well. I just got my BB8220 from T-mobile, had it unlocked, now using ATT. During my update and tinkering, the external display of the flip no longer displays a clock or ANY indicators whatsoever. It ONLY shows the stupid t-mobile logo. Has anyone had any luck getting the external display to show a clock and other notifications again?
    12-15-08 05:21 PM
    The clock and external notification do work for most users. Did you delete any stock themes or media?
    12-15-08 05:43 PM
    would syncing it with the DM result in the entire OS bing updated to the newest therefore solving the problem?
    12-15-08 06:17 PM
    would syncing it with the DM result in the entire OS bing updated to the newest therefore solving the problem?
    If you have updated to .180 DM will tell you that your OS is up to date. Not sure if this is the best solution, but I would downgrade to .151 and then update to .180. You would do this through blackberry.com not the DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 06:29 PM
    I deleted quite a few things roughly following the crackberry blackberry memory optimization guide; mostly took out any BIS software, some games, sample content, that I don't use because I don't have a data plan (wifi only).

As for the update OS, I synced it very early on - the problem only became apparent today after I finished deleting some more things. I'm going to have to go into the desktop manager to see what is still installed or provide a list of some items I uninstalled.
    12-15-08 08:35 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD