Should I start with the fact that you cannot remove the battery to either replace it or reset the phone, or how about the fact that the Link Software is horrible and crashes Windows 7 if the phone is connected and Windows goes into standby mode.
    I gave up my Bold 9900 for this P0S!
    Don't make the same mistake I did!!!!
    AND, I can't get it to tether on AT&T
    09-01-15 08:18 PM
    Not having a removable battery doesn't make it an Edsel. That is a common feature of today's phones and doesn't mean you can't reset your phone.

I have had no significant problems either installing or using Link with Windows 7. It's not that much different than working with iTunes.
    GoProPilot likes this.
    09-01-15 08:29 PM
    The Edsel was actually a very good car, it is now considered far ahead of its time. It failed due to it being the most expensive car in its class, in all other metrics it was an amazing car and out spec'd and out performed all other cars in its class. Very poor analogy for the point you're trying to make.

If you have an issue with Windows 7, which seems to be the cause of most of your consternation, then adjust your settings so your computer doesn't go into standby mode as quickly. Simple really.
    eliirodz, andy957 and delgadom like this.
    09-01-15 08:39 PM
    The Edsel was actually a very good car, it is now considered far ahead of its time. It failed due to it being the most expensive car in its class, in all other metrics it was an amazing car and out spec'd and out performed all other cars in its class. Very poor analogy for the point you're trying to make.

If you have an issue with Windows 7, which seems to be the cause of most of your consternation, then adjust your settings so your computer doesn't go into standby mode as quickly. Simple really.
    Edsel's were GORGEOUS cars! Couldn't agree more about the analogy. I can't offer one because my BlackBerry Classic rocks....

Posted via CB10
    anon(9169048) and delgadom like this.
    09-01-15 08:50 PM
    My wife has a Classic - her PC is WIN 7 - she has no problems with Link or Blend - and I, with my Z10, am envious of her battery life.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    delgadom likes this.
    09-01-15 09:10 PM
    Well, you know what they say about opinions. . . LOL.
    Ford Lost $2B in today's dollars making the Edsel. The cost benefit did not work out for consumers, and they are all that matter. If the Classic flops Blackberry is done.
    I liked the Bold much better. And it never crashed Windows 7 when it went on standby using the same machine. If there is a benefit to having the Classic, I don't see it.
    09-01-15 09:46 PM
    Well, you know what they say about opinions. . . LOL.
    Ford Lost $2B in today's dollars making the Edsel. The cost benefit did not work out for consumers, and they are all that matter. If the Classic flops Blackberry is done.
    I liked the Bold much better. And it never crashed Windows 7 when it went on standby using the same machine. If there is a benefit to having the Classic, I don't see it.
    BlackBerry is not responsible for your buggy Windows 7 OS crashing. BB10 is still new and BBOS is old, so obviously BBOS has more features and is more refined. You'd be hard pressed to find any software that works 100% of the time. So what is it you wanted to accomplish here? Warn others not to buy something that you aren't accustomed to using and blame BlackBerry because you don't have the patience, skills and knowledge to use technology...

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    stevepar and AidenSurvival like this.
    09-01-15 10:21 PM
    When I first saw the title of this thread, I honestly thought that it was going to be a thread extoling the wonderful features of the Classic! The Edsel was a fantastic car!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:00 PM
    This is a senseless thread. You are complaining about something that likely has nothing to do with the Classic, then try to discourage other from buying.

MODS!!!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9169048) and stevepar like this.
    09-01-15 11:00 PM
    You mess with Classic, you mess with all of us.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    GoProPilot likes this.
    09-02-15 12:52 AM
    Oh come on...
    If you don't even know how to reset the device....

About windows 7, get your configuration right and stop complaining.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 02:00 AM
    Should I start with the fact that you cannot remove the battery to either replace it or reset the phone, or how about the fact that the Link Software is horrible and crashes Windows 7 if the phone is connected and Windows goes into standby mode.
    Make sure your PC isn't loaded up with spyware. Link never crashed my Windows, not once...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-02-15 05:50 AM
    The Classic is the best thing BB and Mr.Chen has done in years loved my Bold but so slow and camera and battery is Way better on Classic think you should be on different forum or medication .Link has worked Perfect for me on windows 7 and now windows 10- Perfect .Way to many Whiners on these forums my advise - Buy a Classic learn how to use it proper ,hook it up to a proper working computer and you'll Love it .
    tmf06 likes this.
    09-02-15 06:10 AM
    I already said it was money that killed the car, the fact that it was the best car of its day and for years after seems to go right over your head, cost benefits or not.

I've read through your other threads and you seem to complaining about the same thing over and over again; settings. If you spend more time setting your phone up properly and less time whining about nothing you'll find the Classic to be miles ahead of the 9900.

But as my father used to say: A bad workman always blames his tools.
    09-02-15 06:32 AM
    Removable battery has not been an issue since my phone lasts a whole work day. With Blend, u can charge ur phone while still accessing ur files and messages via laptop and tablet. I have Blend installed on both PC and Android tablet. Works well. No issues with Link either and we have 2 OS10 phones in the house. May want to check ur PC and do a clean reinstall. Clean the hard drive etc.

Posted via Classic
    wilber1 likes this.
    09-02-15 07:11 AM
    Well lets see: I have a ATT Passport and Classic and use the Classic for the weekend and it is a real nice phone.

Does Apple have a battery that comes out?? Well HeL L NOOOOO so I guess Apple has been making crap since the IPHONE 3

Get a clue buddy if you dont like it why did you buy it and not return it.

Do your research before you buy if you want a phone with a removable battery get a samsung
    09-02-15 01:34 PM
    Well lets see: I have a ATT Passport and Classic and use the Classic for the weekend and it is a real nice phone.

Does Apple have a battery that comes out?? Well HeL L NOOOOO so I guess Apple has been making crap since the IPHONE 3

Do your research before you buy if you want a phone with a removable battery get a samsung
    iPhone 2g didn't have a removable battery either...

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 02:10 PM
    Should I start with the fact that you cannot remove the battery to either replace it or reset the phone
    Now here's a fact one is not able to know before buying the phone....

Oh boy....cry, really.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 03:25 PM

Too bad even Samsungs do not have removable batteries now either...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-03-15 06:02 AM
    Link is definitely absolute trash. But this is the best phone I've ever used..!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 06:05 AM
    I find Link actually better on my puter than BB Desktop, not as buggy .
    09-03-15 06:46 AM
    The Classic is the best thing BB and Mr.Chen has done in years loved my Bold but so slow and camera and battery is Way better on Classic think you should be on different forum or medication .Link has worked Perfect for me on windows 7 and now windows 10- Perfect .Way to many Whiners on these forums my advise - Buy a Classic learn how to use it proper ,hook it up to a proper working computer and you'll Love it .
    Please learn how to use punctuation.
    09-03-15 03:27 PM
    [QUOTE=andy957;11898971]Please learn how to use punctuation.[/QUOTE
    Sorry Mom -- As Frankie once said I do it My way --
    Last edited by wilber1; 09-04-15 at 06:44 AM.
    09-04-15 06:26 AM
    I really hate it when someone has a problem with "Their" BlackBerry device, and all of a sudden "All" BlackBerry devices are pieces of sh!t! Why can't people get it through their heads, that not all devices are created equal, just like people, and just because theirs is sh!tty, doesn't make the device in general sh!tty!

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    wilber1, andy957 and anon(9169048) like this.
    09-04-15 08:14 AM
    I really hate it when someone has a problem with "Their" BlackBerry device, and all of a sudden "All" BlackBerry devices are pieces of sh!t! Why can't people get it through their heads, that not all devices are created equal, just like people, and just because theirs is sh!tty, doesn't make the device in general sh!tty!

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    It's not even as if the OP's issues are because of crappy device, it seems he/she can't set a device up properly or is dissatisfied with the way his/her IT dept has set up the classic. It's seems the OP decided to take a short cut and blame everything on the device.
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    09-04-15 09:25 AM