Hi everybody,

I'm getting a new Z30 and am wondering if it is possible to block core BB10 apps. I don't want the FM radio. As I understand it, one way, short of BES12, would be to block the core music app, and install a different one. I did some research on this, it seems like it might be possible; but I could not find much info on this.

If anybody has any leads on this would be nice.

Thanks a lot
    08-31-15 10:04 PM
    This seems like a weird request, but you can use Sachesi to remove files. This presumes the music player isn't buried deep in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 11:33 PM
    May I ask why?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 12:57 AM
    If you don't want FM radio, don't tap "FM Radio".
    09-01-15 01:48 AM
    You can install and use a different music app and use it without deleting anything. The radio is a very nice feature to have, and what if you want to sell your phone later?
    09-01-15 02:53 AM
    Yes, I believe that the music player is a core app. Are you saying that Sachesi can actually be used to remove apps? or just files. (I can't find Sachesi on the appworld, where is it found?)
    09-01-15 06:50 AM
    Yes, I believe that the music player is a core app. Are you saying that Sachesi can actually be used to remove apps? or just files. (I can't find Sachesi on the appworld, where is it found?)
    It's for PC

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 08:15 AM
    It's for PC

Posted via CB10
    I think you would have to load a new OS with Sachesi and not include the music bar file. This seems to me to be a huge amount of work to accomplish something I don't understand.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:00 AM
    Hi everybody,

I'm getting a new Z30 and am wondering if it is possible to block core BB10 apps. I don't want the FM radio. As I understand it, one way, short of BES12, would be to block the core music app, and install a different one. I did some research on this, it seems like it might be possible; but I could not find much info on this.

If anybody has any leads on this would be nice.

Thanks a lot
    Just like any other built-in app, if you don't want to use it, then just never open it and it will not run at all. Like another poster also said, if you don't want FM radio, then don't click it. Sounds to me like you are a little confused about something.
    If you want to use another music player, go to BB World and find one you like. Install it and never use the built in app.
    09-01-15 09:09 AM
    I can actually understand wanting to not have it on the phone. If I start my car and I don't already have Neutron open, the stock music player will open and start playing random songs as soon as bluetooth connects. Annoying as fFfffffffff

I wouldn't mind this if the stock player remembered its position after a phone reboot or after using USB mass storage, but it doesn't. Just lazy, sloppy coding. I can reboot my phone, take the SD card out, do whatever, and when I open Neutron again it will remember where it left off. I would love to be able to make it the default media app.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    09-01-15 10:06 AM
    Just like any other built-in app, if you don't want to use it, then just never open it and it will not run at all. Like another poster also said, if you don't want FM radio, then don't click it. Sounds to me like you are a little confused about something.
    If you want to use another music player, go to BB World and find one you like. Install it and never use the built in app.
    That's not true if you listen to music over bluetooth. It WILL open by itself and there's no way to stop it from doing so.

09-01-15 10:08 AM
    Just lazy, sloppy coding.
    Lacking features =/= lazy, sloppy coding.
    09-01-15 11:52 AM
    Lacking features =/= lazy, sloppy coding.
    What would you call a web browser that opened when you didn't want it to, and never, ever remembered your browsing history or bookmarked websites when you reboot your phone, even when you wanted it to? Lacking features or lazy coding? It's the same thing, and I know what I would call it.

09-01-15 12:11 PM
    try to downgrade with sachesi to the 10.2 music player without fm
    make sure to check allow downgrading
    Attached Files
    09-01-15 02:30 PM
    I have music in my music folder and when I connect bluetooth, I don't get random music playing. This is on a Z10. I don't have Neutron loaded.
    So if I understand this, the bug is default music player plays some random song when bluetooth is turned on.

I see you can't delete the default app using the normal method. Well at least the original question makes more sense. However I don't have this random player problem.

How about you unselect the option to connect to the last bluetooth device.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 02:01 AM
    try to downgrade with sachesi to the 10.2 music player without fm
    make sure to check allow downgrading
    So I could downgrade to 10.2 music player? But then if I ever did an upgrade, it would be right there again right?. I actually don't even have the phone yet, having ordered it online, but I do have access to another Z30. . .

Or can Sachesi actually allow updates and take out the radio part of the music player software, effectively modifying the core music app software?
    09-02-15 06:32 AM
    So I could downgrade to 10.2 music player? But then if I ever did an upgrade, it would be right there again right?. I actually don't even have the phone yet, having ordered it online, but I do have access to another Z30. . .

Or can Sachesi actually allow updates and take out the radio part of the music player software, effectively modifying the core music app software?
    It seems it would be simpler to go into app manager and set Neutron as your default music app.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-02-15 08:08 AM
    I guess I'm just trying to figure out why you don't want FM radio?

I leave my music app set to FM radio so that when it "autoplays" when connected to my car, it doesn't play anything because there's no antenna.
    09-02-15 08:20 AM
    Ok, a few of you have asked why I don't want the FM radio. Simply because of the fact that I don't listen to the radio at all, and certainly don't want it on my device. If there is anyone around here that could give me help on how to block/disable it - please just speak up, or send me a PM.

Thanks
    09-05-15 07:17 PM
    Ok, a few of you have asked why I don't want the FM radio. Simply because of the fact that I don't listen to the radio at all, and certainly don't want it on my device. If there is anyone around here that could give me help on how to block/disable it - please just speak up, or send me a PM.

Thanks
    Well now you've peaked my interest. You certainly don't want it on your device for what reason?
    Download Sachesi https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases/
    Plug your phone in, make sure Link and Blend are closed. Run Sachesi. It'll show you everything installed on your phone. From there find the music app, sys.airtunes apparently, and delete it.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-05-15 10:43 PM
    Nobody is forcing you to listen to FM radio. Seems like a lot of work just to remove a feature that's never in your way.
    curvezzz and rthonpm like this.
    09-06-15 02:46 AM
    Well now you've peaked my interest. You certainly don't want it on your device for what reason?
    Download Sachesi https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases/
    Plug your phone in, make sure Link and Blend are closed. Run Sachesi. It'll show you everything installed on your phone. From there find the music app, sys.airtunes apparently, and delete it.

If it's deletable, which is probably isn't.

I think forcibly downgrading the music app to a pre-10.2.1 version would prevent access to the FM radio, for whatever reason. Won't get rid of the software governing it, though, but for that you'd have to downgrade the entire OS to pre-10.2.1 (which is impossible as of 10.3.2).
    09-06-15 03:37 PM
    So you figure that it probably is a non-deletable file that runs the software for it? I'm not really familiar with the innards of the OS, and wouldn't mind knowing that it will work before I try it. If somebody wants to plug it in to Sachesi and try it and tell me the results would be great.
    09-07-15 06:21 PM
    So you figure that it probably is a non-deletable file that runs the software for it? I'm not really familiar with the innards of the OS, and wouldn't mind knowing that it will work before I try it. If somebody wants to plug it in to Sachesi and try it and tell me the results would be great.
    I think you're the only one that wants it removed so you're on your own. Plus you never told me why you certainly don't want it on your phone.

curvezzz likes this.
    09-07-15 06:37 PM
    Are you thinking the radio coding takes up too much of the memory? I don't understand your hesitation. You have to plug in the headset AND open the music app AND select "radio". That does NOT happen automatically just by connecting to bluetooth. It's easy to avoid if you don't want to use it.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 07:04 PM
63 123