i use 2 internet connection on my pc. the one with ssh (cable modem connection), and one with direct connection (wifi portable hotspot either from android or bold 9900).
    the weird thing is, the android portable hotspot work along with the ssh connection. however, the bold 9900 portable didnt. direct connection didnt work although its status connected.
    what could possibly the problem?

why i would want to do this? so i could use ssh internet connection specific for large and highspeed download only, while the portable hotspot for browsing and every other thing.
    08-31-15 08:25 PM
    I don't think 9900 would allow you to tether and use hotspot at the same time because when I try to turn hotspot on while tethering it gives me message "You must disconnect your Internet Tethering device before starting a Mobile Hotspot session"!
    09-24-17 07:08 AM
    Same here... VZW 9930 has never allowed me to hotspot and direct connect simultaneously. Never really experienced the need since I'm typically hotspotting for wifi equipped laptops anyway.

Always took it as more of a VZW limitation than a phone limitation, tho, since some coworkers once set up a (TMo???) 9900 to perform both simultaneously as a temporary mission for a frantic client once, years ago. No clue what they did (or hacked? Lol). But it didn't take long to set up on Client's TMo 99 onto direct connect to their plant laptop and I was altering PLC programming from 1000 miles distant. ... Pretty sure that activity required both direct & wifi since I was also monitoring a local data archiving PC via wifi and observing reactions "real time". Old memories, tho, so...??? What carrier are you on?

Edit: Ah, just noticed OP is from 2015... Not likely to reply anyway...lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 09-24-17 at 08:42 AM.
    09-24-17 08:28 AM