Starting a new thread in case anyone missed this.

I was told by the Specialized Resolution Team last night that T-Mobile will be shutting off BIS on September 10th.
    08-28-15 08:42 AM
    Wow my brothers z30 screen has went dead for the 3rd time now and I'm firing up the 9810 for him while we wait for a screen.

At least it will get some BIS use during the last few days.

I swear I have spent more money on these z30's between screens, earpieces, middle frames (to replace proximity sensor/battery) than I have on any other phone in my life.

Great info though, it gives me a deadline to get this new screen. Thanks.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    08-28-15 08:51 AM
    Shutting this off, or no new activations?
    08-28-15 08:58 AM
    Shutting this off, or no new activations?
    OFF. They said I could keep my Bold, but only phone calls and text messages would still work.
    08-28-15 09:02 AM
    Thanks for that. I wonder how many active BBOS devices out there that will suddenly stop working. I assume they either have or will be sending a notice on this to anyone that will be affected.
    08-28-15 09:05 AM
    that is so weird, so why t-mobile is doing this: t-mobile-wants-you-bring-your-blackberry-their-network

No BIS on T-Mobile after 10 September 2015-untitled.png
    08-28-15 09:22 AM
    BlackBerry 10 devices do not need a legacy BIS add-on to a cellular plan.

Motorola V3xx -> Nokia E63 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> BlackBerry Z10
    08-28-15 09:30 AM
    that is so weird, so why t-mobile is doing this: t-mobile-wants-you-bring-your-blackberry-their-network
    See above. Those are Blackberry 10 devices.
    08-28-15 09:35 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	2147 
Size:	293.5 KB 
ID:	368692
    Actually it would force anyone still using a legacy device to upgrade to a BB10 phone. Which means $$$$ for blackberry.
    Unless of course they leave BlackBerry completely..

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    hoopitz likes this.
    08-28-15 09:41 AM
    Bummer! There go all my legacy devices especially my BB9810 and my BB9900. Without BIS, it becomes lesser of quality communications tool. Ug. Tis bad news but thank you OP for letting us know.
    08-28-15 09:47 AM
    It might force some to upgrade, and that seems positive for both BB and TMO, but not particularly the customer.

I'm just surprised that they didn't go to some middle ground before the big shutdown of BIS. Usually, these big carriers will resort to a customer upcharge for BIS if customers still desire it (along with a little profit for TMO), or simply stop new activations letting current BIS users keep going with notice of changes. Just seems strange that I can activate today (I'm assuming this is the case) and have it turned off next month effectively killing my device.

I'd think differently if BB was shutting BIS for everyone, but I don't think that's the case as a lot of the world market still uses it and will for some time.
    08-28-15 09:51 AM
    Same in the Nethetlands. There are not so much BIS users in the US and Europe. So it's end of life. I over my customers a new contract because they mostly can renew there contract or they mostly have a sim-only.

Seems to me not only a service point but also bounding the customer so that he not left behind with a dummy bold or curve
    08-28-15 10:23 AM
    Actually it would force anyone still using a legacy device to upgrade to a BB10 phone. Which means $$$$ for blackberry.
    TMO too, if they're still paying a cut out of each BIS subscription.
    08-28-15 01:16 PM
    Starting a new thread in case anyone missed this.

I was told by the Specialized Resolution Team last night that T-Mobile will be shutting off BIS on September 10th.
    Curious to know the facts about this, I called T-Mobile as I currently have a Classic running on my main line and my 9900 on my other line. Since I live where no network signal goes, I rely very heavily on WFC and my 9900 is my beast still chugging along after all these years. (Yes, I realize UMA should still function and my calls and SMS on the 9900 should be a go without BIS, but that makes it very inconvenient as a whole.) The representative, after placing me on hold twice was unable to give me a direct answer. She said she will call me back by the end of the day after she gets a chance to reach out to a department that would have a concrete answer. Will be interested to know the details, although the timing seems right as I was informed WFC would be unleashed to the Classic the 'week after labor day', maybe they'll hook up those clinging to the legacy devices with a Classic? I'd be interested in discovering what they have planned if a complete BIS kill is in the works, usually T-Mobile is pretty good with EOL events, but their relationship with BlackBerry still isn't yet full circle. This will be a good tell and read on how their relationship has developed since reuniting.

Posted via CB10
    Guest 2 likes this.
    08-28-15 01:20 PM
    Hmm.. this is the first I'm hearing of this for T-Mobile US. One would think there would have been emails sent by now letting customers know.
    jelp2, rayporsche and raino like this.
    08-28-15 02:15 PM
    That seems awful quick to make that change. I'd think at least 90 days notice would be more the norm.
    How are they going to attract enterprise accounts without more forethought and communication.
    08-28-15 02:22 PM
    Just got my call back and I was advised that BIS will still be up and running through the 10th and will additionally STILL be available to add to a line if I wanted to reinstate a legacy device. Then the representative told me that "starting September 10th, the newer BlackBerrys will NOT need BIS and will run on a standard data plan". Ummmm... she sounded VERY pleased with herself and I didn't want to burst her bubble of happiness so I let that one go. What I'm thinking is something awesome is happening with BlackBerry on or around September 10th, possibly far more than the WFC calling. That's what I'm deciphering...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 08-29-15 at 10:17 AM.
    08-28-15 02:50 PM
    Just got my call back and I was advised that BIS will still be up and running through the 10th and will additionally STILL be available to add to a line if I wanted to reinstate a legacy device. Then the representative told me that "starting September 10th, the newer BlackBerry's will NOT need BIS and will run on a standard data plan". Ummmm... she sounded VERY pleased with herself and I didn't want to burst her bubble of happiness so I let that one go. What I'm thinking is something awesome is happening with BlackBerry on or around September 10th, possibly far more than the WFC calling. That's what I'm deciphering...

Posted via CB10
    You should have burst her bubble
    Maybe that would have loosen up some info a disicussion about 'hey that already is working without bis...' 'huh, do they already run android?'...

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    08-28-15 03:06 PM
    You should have burst her bubble
    Maybe that would have loosen up some info a disicussion about 'hey that already is working without bis...' 'huh, do they already run android?'...

Posted via CB10
    Haha! Maybe next time... It's Friday, I didn't want to wait around for another call back until she consulted yet another team that collectively knows nothing about BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    08-28-15 03:16 PM
    Haha! Maybe next time... It's Friday, I didn't want to wait around for another call back until she consulted yet another team that collectively knows nothing about BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, who knows about BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 03:18 PM
    Yeah, who knows about BlackBerry...
    Me! I do! BlackBerry stopped selling phones and went out of business years ago.
    Anovascular likes this.
    08-28-15 03:20 PM
    Me! I do! BlackBerry stopped selling phones and went out of business years ago.
    No way! They sold themselves!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 03:21 PM
    I talked to 7 people yesterday who knew nothing about BlackBerry. Luckily the regular technical support people knew who did.
    08-28-15 03:33 PM
    Either you were fed a lie or T-Mobile Twitter Help doesn't know yet lol.
    Attached Thumbnails No BIS on T-Mobile after 10 September 2015-screenshot-2015-08-28-17.46.16.png  
    08-28-15 03:47 PM
    Does Legere still hate BlackBerry?
    08-28-15 06:35 PM
97 123 ...