I am getting a good deal on the Q10, the BB Classic is slightly expensive in my country so I can't go for that. I have used a Q5 before and it was great. I exchanged it in an exchange offer for the Moto G2, which I now think was a really bad move for me. The Q5's battery would last me 2 days and the keyboard experience was amazing. I do not consider getting the Q5 again, but the Q10 seems good to me.

Will getting the Q10 be a good move since it's an older device and BlackBerry seem to be moving towards Android now.

Please help me take this decision.
    Thanks in Advanced.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-26-15 08:55 PM
    I think so? Plus it's rare you can't order it no more. BlackBerry website dose not sale it.. you can only go too Ebay and find it. It's a nice little phone. You won't regret it. It's quick and you can use with one hand. If you loved the Q5?? Then the Q10 is a no brainer. Yes!! If you can get your hands on a Q10 do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 09:33 PM
    I eceived one 4 months ago here in usa nyc it's fine different but I'm content. Once you get use to it you'll most likely like it

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 10:27 PM
    Prefer z10. Its better than a q10
    08-26-15 10:44 PM
    I sold my classic for q10 and saved some money and also got great benefits. Q10 is perfect for most of the hands the phone factor is amazing and removable battery is a boon and the display is amoled and pixel level is way high, classic looks pixelated and it's lcd display . Q10 and classic have the same ram and processor

Posted Via Blackberry Q10
    mprattmd likes this.
    08-27-15 12:41 AM
    But then will the Q10 receive all the future updates, since its an old device now?
    Like maybe 10.4.0?
    08-27-15 09:33 AM
    I can't see why it shouldn't, since it shares most if its hardware with the Classic.
    08-27-15 02:44 PM
    And have you guys faced the Double Typing issue? Isn't that a serious issue?!

08-28-15 03:35 AM
    Just save the money and get the classic. It will be the base of future update from BlackBerry apart of the passport, slider etc...Q10 will be expensive to maintain and legacy same as my bold 9930..hehe

BB PP on DiGi Telco SP
    08-28-15 04:11 AM
    Why would the Q10 be expensive to maintain?
    I'm just a student and I cannot afford the BB Classic :'(
    I fell in love with the Classic the moment I held it in my hands. I used it for a couple of minutes and it felt absolutely brilliant! I would have bought it if I could

08-28-15 06:15 AM
    Just save the money and get the classic. It will be the base of future update from BlackBerry apart of the passport, slider etc...Q10 will be expensive to maintain and legacy same as my bold 9930..hehe

BB PP on DiGi Telco SP
    I'd love for you to iterate on why Q10 will be expensive to maintain? If you look at it from a hardware perspective, it's possibly the simplest phone on the market to take apart and repair yourself. Spare parts come very cheap. An extra battery and charger can be had for peanuts.

Software wise there's absolutely no difference between Q10 and Classic, so what the Classic can do, the Q10 can also do, so there's no "extra cost" there either.

So please, inform us of how you see a Q10 being more expensive than a Classic in regards to maintenance.
    08-28-15 07:00 AM
    Yes..expensive to maintain in terms of the hardware replacement....depends on your geographical location as myself in asia..singapore the hardware for legacy spare parts is very expensive..sometime over the hill as merchants over charge the spare parts. Better to save for new phones...I also would love to revive my old BlackBerry bold 9930. Yes BlackBerry phone r consider expensive but worth every penny u hav..long lasting..my old BlackBerry last nearly 4 years with heavy usage and countless drop incidents from my pocket.. BlackBerry is just like my trusty jeep...keep chugging along..Cheers!

BB PP on DiGi Telco SP
    08-28-15 09:00 AM
    Yes..expensive to maintain in terms of the hardware replacement....depends on your geographical location as myself in asia..singapore the hardware for legacy spare parts is very expensive..sometime over the hill as merchants over charge the spare parts. Better to save for new phones...I also would love to revive my old BlackBerry bold 9930. Yes BlackBerry phone r consider expensive but worth every penny u hav..long lasting..my old BlackBerry last nearly 4 years with heavy usage and countless drop incidents from my pocket.. BlackBerry is just like my trusty jeep...keep chugging along..Cheers!

BB PP on DiGi Telco SP

Sorry, but I disagree... In Denmark where I'm from, not a single part can be purchased. However, purchasing from ebay (from china) is an absolutely valid option. An example, I just purchased a complete white housing, a new keyboard, and a battery with chargerpack.. For the grand total of 25 dollars.

Now, I will by no means try to argue that our economy is identical, but I don't find 25 dollars to be expensive for that. Hell, I can purchase new screens for less than 15 dollars with delivery included. That's not possible with any other phone that I'd be even remotely interested in.
    08-28-15 09:04 AM
    Have not had any issues with my Q10. Also, if for example the keyboard starts to malfunction, just get the part online and possibly DIY repairs. But my Q10 has had solid performance with no issues.
    08-29-15 08:55 PM
    If you loved the Q5...obvs you will like the q10. Its has more of a "deluxe" feel compared to the Q5.

I have like 2,5 years with my Q10 and it is alive and icking... im so pleased that im not even thinking about buying the slider...because at this pace..the q10 still have some good years to go.

This Q10 was prety expensive for someone like me who doesnt like to splash a lot of money on phones..... so ill use it until it turns to dust in my hands.

This phone is too good for me.
    08-30-15 12:38 AM
    I bought (trade for my old Nexus 4) Q10 as spare phone to my Passport. What it worries me is, that I now use Q10 95% of the time and my Passport is lying in the drawer most of the time. So my thought is that it is worth to buy Q10 even now.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 02:12 AM
    I bought (trade for my old Nexus 4) Q10 as spare phone to my Passport. What it worries me is, that I now use Q10 95% of the time and my Passport is lying in the drawer most of the time. So my thought is that it is worth to buy Q10 even now.

Posted via CB10
    This. I have had my Q10 since it first came out. It is the best phone I have ever had, the perfect communications device. I actually bought a Passport, and still have it, I haven't booted it up in weeks, and when I do, it is usually to take a picture (the camera is better on the Passport).

I would definitely get the 10. If you have an issue with the keyboard (double typing), just get a cheap Q10 keybord off ebay, a friend of mine did that, works like a charm. The repair shop wouldn't even let him pay for it, they said it was so quick to do.
    09-02-15 02:48 PM
    I can only recommend it. Bought it about four months ago and love it. I'm typing a lot and so far the pkb is flawless and really nice to type on. I prefer it over the Classic due to size, design, screen and interchangeable battery. Still a great phone!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 12:16 PM