(Disclaimer: I realize this is a first world problem, and that this is not the first time someone has had to make this decision.)

So since October 2013 I've been using the Z30 and have been enjoying it, but felt like my next phone should have a physical keyboard like my prior Bold 9700. One week ago, I picked up the Passport. It was a great phone with tremendous battery life, awesome display, and great performance. The only issue for me was the difficult one-handed use. So after three days with the Passport, I returned it for a Classic. I'm currently still using the Classic but am trying to keep the use under 50MB, just in case I wanted to return it. The form factor of the Classic is perfect; however, I did enjoy the Passport's larger keyboard with swiping feature. I also liked how the Passport could last over a day, but it was just somewhat awkward in its size.

Have any of you felt the same way about the Passport's size and just took time to get used to it? Have any of you also found the Classic to be of adequate performance for day to day tasks? Is the Classic good enough to take travel photos with too for the odd vacation? Thanks to all those that respond.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 04:22 PM
    After you use the passport and get comfortable, you will find it hard to use anything else. I had to use my Z30 for a couple of weeks and I use to love that phone, I couldn't wait until I got my passport back. The power,screen, battery life.

The passport is a beast.

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 04:27 PM
    I had the same. Switched back and forth and now decided to stick with the classic. The passport is just a tad too big for me, i highly Prefer one handed use while in bed and such. That just doesnt Work with the passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 04:34 PM
    No brainer....Passport!

I clicked this on my Passport.
    08-26-15 04:35 PM
    I have both devices and I would hate to have to choose between them. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

I am getting much more accustomed to the form factor on the Passport (I have the SE) and it is just so darn unique and cool...a real joy to use.

The Classic fits in the pocket better and can be used one handed. The build quality is on par with the SE (excellent) however I do wish it was a bit lighter. I tend to grab my Q5 when I really want a small light phone for the day's activities.

The Classic sometimes gets caught in the middle a bit...not as light and tiny as my Q and not as jaw droppingly awesome as my Passport.

The Passport is truly an amazing device!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 04:39 PM
    First of all, you must use the BlackBerry Passport exclusively for 2-3 weeks before you can make a decision. It's such a different beast that your muscle memory takes time to get used to the keyboard.

To answer one of your questions, yes, the Classic is fast enough for the most part and the pictures it takes are good.

Personally, I have a BlackBerry Passport one one hip and another BlackBerry on my other because Verizon doesn�t offer the Passport.

The Classic sure feels comfortable in use. .

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    08-26-15 04:53 PM
    I flip flop between the classic pp and the leap as of now the leap is my daily driver I haven't used the Classic in forever might switch things up but I love the swipe haha I'm a BlackBerry nut

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 08:28 PM
    I went from the passport to the classic and now using a Leap. The Passport was great. Just after a while it was getting difficult to carry around and most cumbersome using is a phone when a headset was not available. The Classic was excellent and only gave it to my son and took his Leap.

Posted via CB10
    Me2 likes this.
    08-27-15 09:09 PM
    I have both I I switch at least once a week! Have been for the last 6 months. They both are great and unique in their own way!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 12:22 AM
    I have the classic. I have upgraded from Q10, mainly for the bigger screen. The classic is a very good device for working a whole day, the battery is good, the form factor and dimensions allow the use with one hand, is easy to carry in every circumstance. I have been stidiyng the passport for quite some time and I would ike to buy one and to use both phones. The passport got the bigger screen which is very important for me. I can use it with a pebble and an plantronics voyager legend and the phone can stay in my backpack almost all the time while I am on the move. It is exactly how I am using the classic and it is working like a charm. I will keep the classic for when I am travelling "light" but I will get the passport for the bigger screen.
    08-28-15 06:10 AM
    I have both Passport and Classic and they are ATT versions. I traded my Verizon for the Classic and its a nice phone.
    I use my Passport during the week for work and my other business and use the Classic on the weekends when outside doing yard work and for my business. I have them set up the same with the same OS and apps and Google Play Store.

The Classic has the tool bar and I find my self never using the track pad i just forget that its there but I know it is useful.
    The Passport is the Beast for sure and BlackBerry rules
    09-02-15 02:11 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I picked up a Classic a few weeks ago and it's a great phone. I love the size and the nostalgia I get from using it. Ah, the good ol' days of the 9000 and 9900.

The Passport is a beast. Just a workhorse and doesn't know when to quit. I love having the problem of deciding what phone to use on a weekly basis. Like texn884, I have both phones set up the same way with the same OS (10.3.2.2639) and the same apps. Switching between the two is a breeze.

Posted via my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    texn884 likes this.
    09-03-15 12:18 AM
    The only part i hate about switching is having to switch whatsapp accounts all the time. Sometimes it gets confused and makes me wait several hours.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-03-15 02:02 AM
    (Disclaimer: I realize this is a first world problem, and that this is not the first time someone has had to make this decision.)

So since October 2013 I've been using the Z30 and have been enjoying it, but felt like my next phone should have a physical keyboard like my prior Bold 9700. One week ago, I picked up the Passport. It was a great phone with tremendous battery life, awesome display, and great performance. The only issue for me was the difficult one-handed use. So after three days with the Passport, I returned it for a Classic. I'm currently still using the Classic but am trying to keep the use under 50MB, just in case I wanted to return it. The form factor of the Classic is perfect; however, I did enjoy the Passport's larger keyboard with swiping feature. I also liked how the Passport could last over a day, but it was just somewhat awkward in its size.

Have any of you felt the same way about the Passport's size and just took time to get used to it? Have any of you also found the Classic to be of adequate performance for day to day tasks? Is the Classic good enough to take travel photos with too for the odd vacation? Thanks to all those that respond.

Posted via CB10
    Well, presently, even I'm going through a dilemma of whether to stick with Z30 or buy a classic. I have had my Z30 for just 4 months now and I love it but somehow I have a feeling to switch to Classic or use both on and off.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    09-03-15 03:34 AM
    Classic any day! Unless you only use one phone and game a lot..

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 06:05 AM
    The only part i hate about switching is having to switch whatsapp accounts all the time. Sometimes it gets confused and makes me wait several hours.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This bugs me as well. I wish I could just delete Whatsapp altogether but I have too many contacts who only use Whatsapp. Blackberry is a communication tool so unfortunately I can't just shut off everything that's not BBM for IM.
    09-03-15 09:46 AM
    I go back and forth as well. Passport is a monster and much better specs. I love the Classic for form factor. Both are great! I think I would stay with the Classic if it had the Passport specs...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 06:01 PM
    I use both and my biggest gripe about the Classic is the weight. I feel like for only an extra 15 to 20 grams, I can take my Passport SE and have a lot more performance and that awesome screen.

The Classic doesn't seem much better than my Q5 even though it weighs nearly 50% more.

Both phones are great but the Passport SE just calls to me louder each morning and always puts a big smile on my face.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 06:18 PM
    I agree with the crowd. The Classic is awesome, but the Passport is a beast. The screen is brilliant. The gesture based keyboard is second to none. The only happy median is if they updated the Classic 's keyboard to match the Passport. There's just no true comparison between the two phones. If I didn't live on my phone the Classic would be perfect. The Passport just does it all.
    I keep flip-flopping between Classic and Passport-img_20150807_144509.jpg
    schlemer and texn884 like this.
    09-03-15 08:16 PM
    I use both and my biggest gripe about the Classic is the weight. I feel like for only an extra 15 to 20 grams, I can take my Passport SE and have a lot more performance and that awesome screen.

The Classic doesn't seem much better than my Q5 even though it weighs nearly 50% more.

Both phones are great but the Passport SE just calls to me louder each morning and always puts a big smile on my face.

Posted via CB10
    I actually prefer the weight of the Classic to a lighter phone. To me, the weight signifies the strength of the stainless steel and the battery power.

Posted via CB10
    schlemer likes this.
    09-03-15 08:21 PM
    I agree with the crowd. The Classic is awesome, but the Passport is a beast. The screen is brilliant. The gesture based keyboard is second to none. The only happy median is if they updated the Classic 's keyboard to match the Passport. There's just no true comparison between the two phones. If I didn't live on my phone the Classic would be perfect. The Passport just does it all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150807_144509.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	369684
    So then how do you swap between phones? Do you just have one SIM card and put it in whatever phone you feel like using?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 08:22 PM
    I actually prefer the weight of the Classic to a lighter phone. To me, the weight signifies the strength of the stainless steel and the battery power.

Posted via CB10
    I understand what you are saying, but that is the exact reason I love the Passport SE...for just a few extra grams over the Classic, I get the solid feel and the extra performance, swipe keyboard and massive screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 08:28 PM
    I've had my Classic for almost two weeks now and the form factor is very convenient and practical. Part of me though is still intrigued by the way the Passport runs faster and has a better battery life. From a practicality standpoint though, the Classic has always lasted me at least a full day, and that's been good enough.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 10:30 PM
    I got the original Passport and then the AT&T version. It's a really awesome device. My wife got the Classic and I just kept feeling that toolbelt jealousy.

Got the Blue Classic and absolutely love it. I feel the size is just right and the toolbelt adds a whole lot of value to the one-hand experience.

I do miss my Passport and the screen size and swipe keyboard, but the Classic just is more functional for me.

I have a Lumia 1520 as a second device, so it feeds my needs for games, video, and kindle reading etc

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 10:58 PM
    So after some major flip-flopping, I am now again with the... Passport! I've been using the Passport for a few weeks now and it's been great! I am very slowly starting to get used to the size of the device, and can one-hand the device from time to time. Just last night though, I played around with my Classic, and I hope it's not calling me back again...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 07:58 AM
36 12