Was a huge fan of the Curve/Bold - transitioned to Droids and then eventually iPhones for the last few years. Looking to possibly circle back to a Classic as I loved my 9930.

I know the Classic and IPhone are vastly different - yet, they each serve different functions well. One of the reasons I left BB was the random need for battery pulls if things went wonky, etc - whereas, as Apple advertises, iPhones do 'just work'.

There are a few things holding me back from pulling the trigger and I've read them on CB - just want to know if they're widespread issues or possibly isolated issues from user error, etc.

1. MMS not working over wifi? Users have reported needing to do several fixes and/or workarounds to get pictures to send to certain peoples devices. What's worse than sending a message and not knowing if it's gone through?

2. Double typing? Some have said that they've needed to tweak setting to get it to stop? What's the deal?

I'm sure there are others that I've thought about that I'm not remembering at the moment but those are two that have stuck in my mind - will post back.

My worry is that I'll get the device and like going back to the keyboard and the form factor - but, getting away from a device that 'just works' will ultimately send me away again.

Any insight as to what's going on with these issues (and possibly other experiences from users who have recently switched) would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    08-24-15 09:40 PM
    Just thought of these -

3. Anyone out there who can comment on an app similar to TurboScan for iOS that would be similar on BB 10? Workflow kind of requires this.

4. How does Dropbox function on the classic?
    08-24-15 11:41 PM
    Never used - and don't care to use - anything other than dependable BlackBerry. My Classic has no double typing issues, makes Dropbox work really well for business. I get so much more done with the PKB and have had zero issues with battery. It's a communication device with dependability.

What a CLASSIC!
    08-24-15 11:51 PM
    I wouldn't really worry too much about rare issues like the MMS over Wifi. Things like this should work without issue. As for the double typing, it has certainly been reported but I would say it's a minority of users really. I have the Q10 and never had any issues with double typing on it at all.
    There are plenty of such apps in BlackBerry World. It won't have the latest and greatest apps but the one you mentioned, it will have.
    Dropbox is beautifully integrated into the file manager. It works very well, if a little slow over bad Internet connections.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    08-25-15 02:16 AM
    I changed from iphone to classic and im never going back! Wifi mms never had the problem. Double typing, I had that but only with dots when pushing spacebar, turned off autodot and problem is gone
    Dropbox is integrated and works fantastically well, I've written half of my master thesis on my phone!
    And as far as the buttons/keyboard goes, I can't believe how much faster I am at typing now, and I love that you can answer with buttons!
    And to finish off, I love the hub and the trackpad, LOVE the trackpad
    Go for a switch!

Posted via the cutest little fantastic phone ever!
    08-25-15 03:04 AM
    Was a huge fan of the Curve/Bold - transitioned to Droids and then eventually iPhones for the last few years. Looking to possibly circle back to a Classic as I loved my 9930.

I know the Classic and IPhone are vastly different - yet, they each serve different functions well. One of the reasons I left BB was the random need for battery pulls if things went wonky, etc - whereas, as Apple advertises, iPhones do 'just work'.

There are a few things holding me back from pulling the trigger and I've read them on CB - just want to know if they're widespread issues or possibly isolated issues from user error, etc.

1. MMS not working over wifi? Users have reported needing to do several fixes and/or workarounds to get pictures to send to certain peoples devices. What's worse than sending a message and not knowing if it's gone through?

2. Double typing? Some have said that they've needed to tweak setting to get it to stop? What's the deal?

I'm sure there are others that I've thought about that I'm not remembering at the moment but those are two that have stuck in my mind - will post back.

My worry is that I'll get the device and like going back to the keyboard and the form factor - but, getting away from a device that 'just works' will ultimately send me away again.

Any insight as to what's going on with these issues (and possibly other experiences from users who have recently switched) would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    I've never had an issue of MMS not working, wifi or not. Just tested it right now (on wifi) just for the hell of it, works fine still. About double typing, it is somewhat of an issue, you're not guaranteed to get it. It seems some devices get it and some don't. I think the latest OS found a way to kind of eliminate most of it, maybe it recognizes when the same letter is input back to back?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-25-15 04:29 AM
    Remember this about double typing...

The fraction of a percentage who have double typing will raise the roof with complaining and moaning.

The >99.9% who have never had an issue won't say a word, because their phone is working the way it should be.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    raremage likes this.
    08-25-15 05:19 AM
    I'm switching form a 6 plus to a Classic and the double typing issue is one of my bigest concern... I've never used a Blackberry before, I never thought that I would use one but there is something about the Classic that I can't help falling in love with it... Seeing all of your respond and advice help me made up my mind a lot. Thank you
    08-25-15 06:04 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry you will love the Classic only thing I would miss is the Camera on the 6 P .
    OfficerRandall likes this.
    08-25-15 06:29 AM
    Pull the pin. you'll be very happy you did.
    08-25-15 07:16 AM
    Guys, thanks for all of the info.

beginning to find that being on Verizon isn't necessarily a good thing when trying to track one of these down. Seem harder to find/more expensive on the secondary market and only available through Verizon Wireless for full $399.99 retail as an official option.

anyhow, does anyone use a specific cam scanner to pdf type app? would be looking to use that often with dropbox.
    08-25-15 02:45 PM
    PaperPusher Scanner works awesome. BlackBerry has pretty darn good dropbox and box integration directly baked into the OS.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    08-25-15 02:55 PM
    Scan To Text, or PDF scanner, which are free alternatives.

08-25-15 04:22 PM
    thanks, guys..

appreciate it.

missed a few on Swappa over the last couple of days; otherwise, I'd have probably pulled the trigger already. womp womp...
    08-25-15 08:28 PM
    Yeah, the fact that some were sold for 225 on Swappa mint condition makes me sad, because I couldn't catch it .
    08-27-15 04:54 PM
    I sold mine for 220 on here the other day. It was an awful switch. The keyboard was great but that's about it. And the led was nice

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-29-15 03:38 PM
    I too went from a 6Plus to the Classic. Everything you mentioned is available on this phone. It took a little adjustment (screen size) but you just can't match the feel of holding a Classic in your hands.
    so crow likes this.
    08-31-15 01:16 PM
    Double typing is a software issue. 10.3.2 resolves it

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 01:25 PM
    I've gone from a 5c to an Android to a Classic. What I've realised is that Apple phones get away with a lot compared to other OSs. My 5c was laggy, the notification centre is bewildering and multi tasking is not as slick as on Android or BB10. And yet everyone loves iPhones because of slick marketing - you buy the lifestyle not the phone.

I really like my Classic - it's great for managing communications and with the Play Store you get most of the apps you need (although sadly not Citymapper which I do miss). Some of the negative comments on Classic reviews were about having too many choices on how to navigate - well sometimes it's intuitive to use the toolbelt and sometimes to use the screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:46 AM
    I've gone from a 5c to an Android to a Classic. What I've realised is that Apple phones get away with a lot compared to other OSs. My 5c was laggy, the notification centre is bewildering and multi tasking is not as slick as on Android or BB10. And yet everyone loves iPhones because of slick marketing - you buy the lifestyle not the phone.

I really like my Classic - it's great for managing communications and with the Play Store you get most of the apps you need (although sadly not Citymapper which I do miss). Some of the negative comments on Classic reviews were about having too many choices on how to navigate - well sometimes it's intuitive to use the toolbelt and sometimes to use the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Quick question. Have you thought about contacting developers to make a similar app? I'm sure there are plenty of threads for that. Us BlackBerry users may not have a lot of apps but we got a great community and I'm certain some developer will be more than happy to oblige.

09-01-15 11:23 AM
    On another thread I saw something about the MMS being dependent on the RECEIVER's text settings.
    Having said that, I have had the occasional text with picture not send, but it does show that it hasn't been sent.

The double typing, as stated above, is due to software. I'm on 10.3.2x and have never had a double typing issue.
    09-01-15 01:23 PM
    On another thread I saw something about the MMS being dependent on the RECEIVER's text settings.
    Having said that, I have had the occasional text with picture not send, but it does show that it hasn't been sent.

The double typing, as stated above, is due to software. I'm on 10.3.2x and have never had a double typing issue.
    Double typing isn't a software issue. I've replaced keyboards and solved the issue on some phones without touching the software. What I think is happening with the updates is BB is writing algorithms, for the OS to recognize the difference between a double type and a user-intended double letter input and is doing a better job at ignoring the hardware double type issue. So it's a hardware issue, but the latest software releases do a better job at compensating.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-01-15 04:20 PM