Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to Blackberries. My Verizon KRZR went to its reward on Friday, and on Saturday I switched to T-Mobile and got a Pearl Flip.

Now I'm just starting to feel like I've got a handle on using it, and haven't had any problems apart from ignorance.

But....

After doing more research I'm finding a lot of people don't seem very happy with this phone. I take that with several grains of salt - in my experience the internet has more complaints than compliments - but it still makes me wonder if I chose right.

SO

I've got another week in which I can exchange this (and some $$$) for a Curve - should I?

That is, since you all have more experience with this than I do - would you get something else if you could do it all over again?

f
    11-26-08 10:22 AM
    Welcome to CB!

I've had my Flip from the first day it was distributed and I'm very pleased. Alot of the fuss are from those who switched from a full QWERTY keyboard (Curve) to a half-QWERTY (Pearl). I'm sure there are others who just don't like the phone because...

If I had to do it all over again and, T-Mobile had the option, I personally would have sprung for the Bold. At this moment there is no better BB PERIOD! For now, I perfectly happy with my Flip.
    11-26-08 11:04 AM
    i sold my curve, which i was going to keep up through my reurn policy, but i LOVE my 8220 so much, i sold my curve. no more security blanket, since the only other berry i own is a 7290
    11-26-08 11:14 AM
    I think the flip because it is so unique, like the Storm, will have a lot of getting used to. If you feel that not only are you getting more comfortable with it but that you are excited by the new things that you are finding out abouit it, then you have your answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 11:29 AM
    I like my flip a lot. the only complaint I have about it at the moment is the battery life but it seems that it gets better over time so ...
    11-26-08 01:17 PM
    I love my KickStart! I play with it all the time and have been learning more and more. It's different, and the first smart phone of its kind, so, yeah, people are going to have issues, but I absolutely love this phone. I wouldn't trade it in at all. I've tested most of the other BB's on the market, and the 8220 is exactly what I want, hands down.
    11-26-08 03:01 PM
    This is the first BB i have ever owned and i love it dearly!!! I am still learning all the cool features but i still love everything about it
    11-27-08 02:28 PM
    I had a blackberry pearl with Sprint for a very long time and I liked it but it really annoyed me that Sprint didn't support MMS messaging. Couple that with so many dropped calls and I was done with them. I went to Verizon to check out the Storm but just didn't think I could get accustomed to using a touchscreen device. I had an iPhone (first edition) and never could get used to that either.

I was impressed by the WIFI aspects of the 8220. I bought a curve at first but couldn't get used to the small keys and took it back for the 8220. I love the keyboard.

My only real complaints are:

1) It lacks GPS (I came to rely on my sprint navigation)

2) It seems to get "slow" sometimes. It doesn't always seem to be a problem just sometimes.

Other than that, it is a great phone and the fact that I can use wifi makes it even better. I pay the extra $10 so I can have unlimited anywhere there is wifi.

I was worried about coverage for the Thanksgiving Holiday since my parents live in East Texas. Luckily, T-Mobile has roaming agreements with ATT so the coverage has been fine and I configured wifi as soon as I got here.

All in all, great phone. I think it will lure more users who just had a regular plain phone to experience the blackberry.

BB Sync works great too. I listened to music and podcasts all the way here.

I do wish they would bring back the trackwheel

Happy Holidays all!
    11-28-08 12:03 AM
    I adore my 8220. Wouldn't trade my dear "Lola" for anything.

11-28-08 04:14 PM
    you named your phone lola?
    11-29-08 02:31 PM
    Now that I have my curve I am happy. But if I could I would have gone with the bold. Since I didn't want to pay out ETFs for two phones I am staying with alltel--- soon to vz ! By then i hope vz will have a new curve to upgrade to.

11-29-08 02:32 PM
    Yup. That's her name. What is wrong with lola?

11-29-08 04:07 PM
    nothing, you should hit up the thread about what you named your berry...
    11-29-08 04:26 PM
    I should. Now I just have to find it....

11-29-08 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD