I just got off the phone with Sprint to request the new Open World plan be added to my Q10 line. It took about 10 min with a Sprint International Rep. Adding this plan is free and there's no monthly fee. The only Blackberry it will work on is the Q10. It requires that we must change the network setting to UTMS/GSM while in the covered country. This plan is a "no brainer" if you travel in the Americas where it's 5 cents a min with Free calls and texts to and from Canada and Mexico and 1GB free data. Other countries including some European, Asian and Middle Eastern will cost 20 cents per min. for calls depending on the country. Kudos to Sprint.

Now if they would only show some Classic or some Venice love!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Davantazh; 08-11-15 at 06:54 PM.
    08-10-15 09:50 PM
    Good for you. Enjoy!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-10-15 09:58 PM
    Wish att had this..
    08-10-15 11:12 PM
    Wish att had this..
    ATT is over rated

Posted with my Z10 and future Classic
    08-11-15 12:10 AM
    I added the plan online, very cool huh?

arTie's berry "Q10"
    08-12-15 12:24 AM
    It seems it's "all the rage" for carriers to offer free calls and SMS to Canada and Mexico. Who do we have to thank for this, Magenta or Big Blue? Either way let's hope this one-ups-man-ship continues so that Sprint will get with the program and offer the Classic and up-coming Venice because aside from not offering Blackberry devices I find Sprint a great value!

Posted via CB10
    artie likes this.
    08-14-15 07:21 PM
    Totally agree.

arTie's berry "Q10"
    08-16-15 03:47 PM
    Does the international texting include sms as well as mms?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 08:42 PM
    Just and FYI this free package is now known as "Sprint Global Roaming." It is different and serves a different purpose than the "Sprint Open World" plan. GR allows unlimited data (2G) and texting (SMS + MMS), decent calling rate ($0.20) in over 80 countries now. OW allows for unlimited calling and texting, 1GB of 3G data, in a shorter list of countries mostly in N and S America.

I am traveling with my Q10 in Spain, France, Italy and have observed pretty reliable service throughout. Funny thing is my wife's S6 Edge also roams...but at a MUCH slower speed of 2G only.

My speeds have been 3G as my Q10 allows for specific toggling between 2G and 3G, which of course I pick just 3G. And it appears Sprint does not charge extra as I was monitoring my bill. It's so fast I was streaming YouTube videos standing at the Vatican. 2G is ok...but considerably slower.

I am wondering if the Priv or Passport still allows this specific toggling for data networks? My guess the Passport may as it runs BB10, while Priv does not. Nice quirk to have and I will likely default to roaming on a Q10 when traveling even when I upgrade to the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 10:29 AM
    And you can text to local #s in the country you're in plus back to the usa, correct?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 08:35 AM
    Yes. Works no problem at no cost. Although I find using whatsapp or BBM much faster. Just don't text to a foreign cell number within the country you're visiting or you will be charged.

The data speeds are quite good...Germany seems to be blazing fast. BBM audio calls work perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 02:26 AM
    Yes. Works no problem at no cost. Although I find using whatsapp or BBM much faster. Just don't text to a foreign cell number within the country you're visiting or you will be charged.

The data speeds are quite good...Germany seems to be blazing fast. BBM audio calls work perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by foreign cell #? I am comparing it to tmo's offering. At tmo, you can text to usa from the included countries as well as mobile #s in the country in which you are traveling. I assumed sprint's plan was the same.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 12:12 PM
    I only texted US numbers and did not attempt to text a non-US number. I was pretty sure that even with this plan...I cannot text a non-US number without being charged extra.

The website FAQ does not clearly indicate whether it's the case or not...it just simply says "unlimited texting"...which I assumed to be only with other US numbers.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 09:49 PM
    FYI regarding the Sprint Open World roaming plan. I have been roaming throughout Quebec with my Q10 with top notch 3g service from both Bell and Rogers, Umts/Gsm signals for the last couple months. In addition to making and receiving calls within Canada I have been sending and receiving texts to and from the US and from within Canada with no additional charges whatsoever. Also I never went over the free data allowance with just email and light internet use. All I can say is I am very pleased that our Q-10s are finally "unlocked", so do not hesitate to take advantage of the great value Sprint is providing.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 10:04 PM