Background: fairly new T-mobile subscriber, fairly new Blackberry Passport owner (yay!), currently on the $30-for-5GB plan.

As best as I can tell from reading conflicting documentation, prepaid users should have domestic data roaming in most of the solid grey areas of the coverage map. (Granted, with a tiny allotment of data, but still some.) I've travelled to areas that were very definitely partner coverage only, though (like all of Montana!), and no matter the partner carrier, I get a notification that data is busted and maybe I should check my APN settings.

APN is fast.t-mobile.com, and that looks like it should work anyplace.

Any experiences to share? Do I need a T-mobile-issued device or something for this to work? Should I beat my head against T-mobile support again? (Near as I can tell, looking for answers here is about 1000% more effective than asking t-mobile, but the way they've done data roaming has changed enough that most of the old answers I can find here no longer apply.)

I'm open to switching to a postpaid plan if it'll help, but if it's a device problem it's just pissing money away.

Thanks for any clues!
    08-09-15 11:50 PM
    I'm postpaid on T-Mo and also can't get domestic roaming to work. None of the devices on my account work. That's a Passport, Q10, Leap, Moto X 2nd Gen, and Droid Turbo.

When I called about it they suggested I call #766# to force roaming. I did, but when connecting to AT&T towers I still only have emergency calls available. Any help is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 11:36 AM
    I believe domestic roaming is location specific. And that is where t-mo considers there is no overlap with at&t (for example). I'm in So Cal and even driving up to San Jose (route 5) where I got no reception on t-mo, saw no signs of roaming. Now, at&t may be no good in those areas too. But when I go back to Vermont, central to central east and beyond (like NH etc) I am always roaming on at&t. Shop BBerry Z10 100-3.
    08-31-15 12:33 PM