I have a 8310 curve.....I have the 4.5.0.99 OS.....my question is will my phone be able to use a micro SDHC card? I already have a 2GB micro SD card but want to upgrade to a 8GB micro SDHC. Says it might not be compatible with the SDHC....please help
    11-26-08 08:15 AM
    MicroSDHC cards are compatible with the BBs.

If I am not mistaken, any SD card above 4GB is an SDHC.
    11-26-08 08:50 AM
    Thanks DarkPhoenix!.....

So I'm going to get a new micro SDHC card. My question now is how do I transfer my data from my old 2GB memory card to my new 8GB memory card??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 09:42 AM
    Thanks DarkPhoenix!.....

So I'm going to get a new micro SDHC card. My question now is how do I transfer my data from my old 2GB memory card to my new 8GB memory card??

Best way to do it, is through your PC. Just pull the data off of the 2GB and then after you format the 8GB in your BB, just move everything over.

Glad I can help. And welcome to the Crackberry addiction.
    11-26-08 09:53 AM
    So I would pull the data and save it to folder? Could I do this through the Desktop Manager or do I need a memory card reader or something? Thanks again
    11-26-08 10:16 AM
    When you plug the BB to your computer, the handset should prompt you to go into Mass Storage mode, which will allow the computer to see the BB memory card as a removable drive. Copy and paste the data onto your desktop, and then switch the cards in the phone. Format the card on the handset, then plug it into the PC and you should get the Mass Storage mode prompt again, and just copy and paste what you have from your 2gb card over to the new one on the BB.

If you have any other questions, let me know. :-)
    11-26-08 10:42 AM
    I have a 8310 curve.....I have the 4.5.0.99 OS.....my question is will my phone be able to use a micro SDHC card? I already have a 2GB micro SD card but want to upgrade to a 8GB micro SDHC. Says it might not be compatible with the SDHC....please help
    Yes they are I have an 8gig in my Curve now.
    11-26-08 10:43 AM
    Hi. I bought the 8GB SDHC card but only recognises it as a 4GB SDHC.
    Cheers
    11-26-08 11:07 AM
    It really depends on what OS you are running. 4.5 reads up to 8gb or 16gb.
    11-26-08 11:15 AM
    Dark is absolutely correct that the easiest way to move media files is to enable mass storage mode, then use My Computer to drag the files to a folder, then drag them onto the new card. Another way would be to use the USB card holder that comes with your new card. You can plug your berry in to your PC and plug your new card in to one of your PC's other USB ports and drag the files from your berry directly to the new card, then install the new card, or vice versa - install your new card and plug your old one in with the card holder to a USB port. FYI, I did not need to format my 8gb card, it was ready to go out of the box.

11-26-08 11:19 AM
    Ok that sounds pretty easy to do, I really appreciate it, thanks a lot guys you've been a really big help. If anything else arises I'll be sure to stop by.
    11-26-08 11:46 AM
    4GB Micro cards and higher are SDHC, some readers dont like SDHC cards. 4.2 OS's can handle up to 6GB SDHC, 4.5 OS can handle up to 16GB. I would follow DP's suggestion about moving the data, format in your BB and then move the data back over, its the safest way. The OS you have installed will put a DAT file on the card so if you upgrade or downgrade it would be safest to perform the same steps above to ensure no data loss and everything works smoothly.
    11-26-08 12:01 PM
    Thanks ghostshell! Love the .99!
    11-26-08 04:28 PM
    Got my 8GB card int he mail yesterday and everything worked out fine...was just wondering why it says 7.3 total space on my media card screen instead of 8.0???
    12-05-08 08:24 AM
    some space is needed on the card for formatting and stuff like that. its totally normal. my 4gb sdhc card only had like 3.7gb.
    12-05-08 08:33 AM
    Oh ok thanks just wanted to make sure my card was working properly.

12-05-08 09:17 AM
    Hi,i have recently bought blackberry z3 and to extend the memory I got a 16gb sdhc memory card and copied some files on it.....now my BlackBerry does not shows mp3 files in music player but does in file manager.....what should I do?
    12-26-14 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD