I'm tired of all the ads I get on the BlackBerry Browser, especially when it proves that Amazon is tracking my activity.
    I'm going to try out an Android version of Firefox.
    I'm curious if anyone else has suggestions, based on experience.
    BlackBerry Browser-img_20150806_094639.png

Posted via CB10
    tl000 likes this.
    08-06-15 08:57 AM
    Why not try one of the alternative browsers in BlackBerry World? Support the community
    08-06-15 09:31 AM
    Perhaps you'll like my browser:

It's capable of blocking ads and has lots of other features. I'm spending a lot of time to perfect it and responding quickly to any questions you might have.

In the upcoming release you'll be able to import your firefox and chrome bookmarks too (.html files)

Check out Browsie Browser in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59952700

Posted via CB10
    jope28 and elfabio80 like this.
    08-06-15 10:25 AM
    The Browsie browser works well for ad blocking costs 99cents and works much like the original browser.

Firefox works well on my Classic and the add ons seem to work as well. Firefox mobile isn't as good as the BlackBerry browser imo but is definitely a good free alternative.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-06-15 11:08 AM
    After reading your post, I checked my browser out, and didn't see any ads, at all.
    08-06-15 11:55 AM
    Another vote for Browsie! Worth triple the price.

I disable ads and javascript, and when I absolutely need JS I will use the stock browser for that particular site. Makes the Web SO much faster and saves data.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    08-06-15 12:54 PM
    wouldn't this new setting cure your tracking problem?
    BlackBerry Browser-do-not-track-browser-setting.png

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-06-15 01:42 PM
    Thank you all for the suggestions.

@Jason, yes, you'd think that would take care of it, but it doesn't seem to.

I probably need to clear all of my cookies, but it irks me to know that Amazon has this much assess to my browsing to begin with and that BlackBerry allows them to insert ads back to their site.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-06-15 02:17 PM
    wouldn't this new setting cure your tracking problem?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	do not track browser setting.png 
Views:	2154 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	365572

Posted via CB10
    The 'Do not track' option doesn't mean you won't get tracked. It's a polite way to tell the websites you don't like to get tracked. Yet they can ignore this and track you anyway.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-06-15 03:29 PM

I probably need to clear all of my cookies, but it irks me to know that Amazon has this much assess to my browsing to begin with and that BlackBerry allows them to insert ads back to their site.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon is not tracking you from its app. It's using cookies in your browser like anything else. Unrelated completely from the Appstore on your device.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-06-15 03:37 PM
    Lightning Browser. Fast and adfree
    08-07-15 08:10 AM
    I use sometimes Firefox with uBlock on my Z10 but it's pretty heavy. But on a Passport it probably will fly. Another candidate can be Maxthon browser it's also fast and has built in adblock. On the Z10 the fastest browser is probably the BB10 one because it doesn't have to run in the Android runtime. But I will be checking out Lightning browser . That one is also pretty good privacy wise looking at the low number of permissions needed.
    08-07-15 06:46 PM
    Ok, so now the BlackBerry Browser (BBB) is filled with a bucket full off ads, something that I don't believe is in anyway is something BBB never had.
    How has this become the norm, and why.
    Does this mean the browser that claims to be BlackBerry's belongs really to some other entity.
    Is this the start of BlackBerry Protect, just for BlackBerry Enterprise and everyone else is now open to constant abuse.

All I can see is that the security that BlackBerry is renowned for, is being hacked and chopped to minute bits and pieces.

Have we forgotten what comes with ads = adware =spyware = bugs = virus and so forth.
    Only if you are wise enough and have an keen eye kept on details, will you able to hop skip and jump over the distractive temptations.

May I ask; If Samsung is supposedly leaving the Android OS, why is BlackBerry taking it up so keenly.
    Isn't BlackBerry better than this?
    08-07-15 10:13 PM
    I never took time, to continue reading until I added my 1p or 1cents worth, and come to your post here Dr J39 and it feels like a breath of air has just been taken, after hearing all the swerves.

It seems like some people done something wrong and there's is a big hole somewhere that needs filling.
    And to think of all the chat about how "Adobe" left everyone vulnerable.
    08-07-15 10:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my thoughts
    Just I think I said it taking the long route
    08-07-15 10:25 PM
    I just checked out some Android browsers. My quick findings. Firefox is is now my set choice altough it can be a bit slower than native BB10 browser, this all tested on the Z10. For websites with not so much adverts I keep on using BB10 browser.

Javalin - you need to pay for adblock.
    Lightning Browser - you need to pay for adblock. Too bad this option would be nice. Lightwight and privacy friendly.
    Maxthon - Free and pretty fast but adblock not always blocks everything. Also I don't really know the developers reputation etc.
    Naked Browser - Free and privacy friendly but terrible user interface and difficult to setup Adblock. You need to setup manually a txt file etcetera and I don't even know if it can work in BB Android Runtime.
    Firefox with uBlock - Original: Free and blocks everything you want. You can also install the latest EFF Privacy Badger.
    whitland and Tim Heard like this.
    08-08-15 05:39 AM
    The 'Do not track' option doesn't mean you won't get tracked. It's a polite way to tell the websites you don't like to get tracked. Yet they can ignore this and track you anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Yahoo explicitly confirms that they will ignore Do Not Track requests. Do Not Track also doesn't really mean much, most sites that honor it simply displays ads tailored for US citizens if it encounters Do Not Track

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    08-08-15 06:31 AM
    I see that you are using android firefox, I am aware of firefox power and weight because I used it in my Android devices.

In android I stopped using it because android manages very badly the ram memory and FF has not a exit option to kill himself.

Is the FF killed when you stop it from the BlackBerry on memory' heads' menu? Or it is still on background eating memory?

If it were easy to stop/kill in BlackBerry android runtime it'd be a great advance over real android devices

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 07:11 AM
    Perhaps you'll like my browser:

It's capable of blocking ads and has lots of other features. I'm spending a lot of time to perfect it and responding quickly to any questions you might have.

In the upcoming release you'll be able to import your firefox and chrome bookmarks too (.html files)

Check out Browsie Browser in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59952700

Posted via CB10
    Why You did not translate to Italian ? Please do it!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 02:12 PM
    I like using Browsie Browser, but it seems to use a lot of battery when on social media sites like Facebook.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    11-24-15 05:21 PM
    I use Browsie Browser as well. Good ad-blocking, but find myself using the native browser because of the WebRtc option that isn't present on Browsie.
    I'm mostly on a VPN.

Attachment 382000

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    11-25-15 09:20 AM
    I use Browsie Browser as well. Good ad-blocking, but find myself using the native browser because of the WebRtc option that isn't present on Browsie.
    I'm mostly on a VPN.

Attachment 382000

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    Send a feature request to the dev, he updates Browsie Browser regularly.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 01:02 AM