Ok, so I plug my storm into the computer this am and the device manager says there's an update!! Woo hoo!!

The update was for the applications core and help. However, after the update the OS is still 4.7.0.65 and platform 4.0.0.82. I'm not 100% sure what it updated??

Anyone else??
    11-26-08 05:49 AM
    lol.. it just reloaded the os the phone came with.
    11-26-08 05:57 AM
    Ok, any reason why it would do that. I got all excited initially, then didn't see anything different.

I wonder if it was because my computer automatically updated windows updates last night??
    11-26-08 06:02 AM
    just so you know, desktop manager in no way checks for updates online.
    11-26-08 06:04 AM
    The same thing happened to me last night. I actually DL'd and did a fresh install of Desktop Mgr 4.7 on my laptop.

When I connected the Storm, it said there was an update. I loaded and basically found the same thing as the OP.
    11-26-08 07:31 AM
    just so you know, desktop manager in no way checks for updates online.
    My desktop manager has a link that states "Check for Updates". During setup their was an option to do this automatically when the phone is connected.
    11-26-08 08:32 AM
    It is highly unlikely that we will see any updates this week. Tomorrow is thanksgiving and VZW only works a skeleton crew tomorrow and friday. After that is the weekend, which puts us into... December... Hmm that sounds familiar... seems like someone on here said several times that we would see an update in "Early December"... who was that?... oh yeah... it was me
    11-26-08 08:41 AM
    It is highly unlikely that we will see any updates this week. Tomorrow is thanksgiving and VZW only works a skeleton crew tomorrow and friday. After that is the weekend, which puts us into... December... Hmm that sounds familiar... seems like someone on here said several times that we would see an update in "Early December"... who was that?... oh yeah... it was me
    Hmmm... Aren't you the poster that flamed me on Monday when I pointed out that there will not be an update this week? Why the sudden change in heart?

Now, onto the next piece of info. While there is some thinking about early OTA "patches", there is no updated OS testing yet, the next beta should be internal after Thanksgiving, so an "early" Dec full-OS update is going to require a very, very hard push.

But then again, hey, what do I know? I'm only the girl that posts very rarely and intentionally keeps a low profile
    11-26-08 09:36 AM
    My desktop manager has a link that states "Check for Updates". During setup their was an option to do this automatically when the phone is connected.
    it directs you to the site yes but the program on its own doesnt check against your phone and whats posted on the web
    11-26-08 09:39 AM
    Hmmm... Aren't you the poster that flamed me on Monday when I pointed out that there will not be an update this week? Why the sudden change in heart?
    Nope... no flaming... just wanted you to tell us where you got your information... like I said in my response it was your word against a respected member of the forum... that WILL get you flamed around here...
    11-26-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD