Ok, so my problem started when I unintentionally let my Playbook's battery drain below 5% so it cannot boot until I stack charge it. But my USB charger got ruined a while back so I had got the rapid wall charger to solve even the stack charging and flimsy port issues.

Now my Playbook is so dead that when I charge it with my rapid charger, first the RED light goes off and then I see the red battery with a thunderbolt symbol on the screen which lasts for about 10-15 seconds. Then I see GREEN light which stays for 2-3 seconds and goes off abruptly. Then it charges for about 3-4 minutes, after which it tries and boots and I see the start up screen with the symbol of Blackberry Playbook and moving lights in the background.

At this point when I become cheerful and when it is about to go to the main screen, it shuts down randomly and shows no activity of charging even when the charger is plugged in. I have to replug and hard reset only to repeat the process. Please help me I really love my Playbook and I want to continue using it.

Just to show how desperate I am, this is my second playbook! I swear I want to sue Blackberry so bad for not providing additional support for their own product and abandoning us users like this!
    08-02-15 12:00 PM
    A lot of people see this behavior. You need a certain charge for the PB to actually boot up. You don't have that much charge accumulated if it only "charges for 2-3 seconds". Then, when it tries to boot, you lose any accumulated charge. So it is a vicious cycle. I don't know why the PB should be "on" at this point. Can you somehow turn it "off" while it tries to boot or when the green light is on by pressing the power button? More stack charging may be required.
    08-03-15 11:26 AM
    Mine did that last moth and someone told me in the forums to slap the battery area hard and then connect it. I did and the PB accepted the charge and turned on.

Posted from the all mighty Z30  10.3.2.2339
    08-03-15 10:03 PM
    If it's dead, bury it before it stinks.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 10:06 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=746184

Read this threat it has several hints.

08-03-15 10:06 PM
    Or this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=737797

08-03-15 10:21 PM
    Nope then the process repeats again. No use
    08-04-15 01:02 PM
    I shall try though I am skeptical about this but I might try anything at this point!
    08-04-15 01:03 PM
    Yesterday I had same problem boot up and in the middle turns off and green light. Battery at 80% so not a charging problem did the hold power bottom for 30 seconds release then power bottom 5 seconds later. Several tries some times success it bottled up but several minutes later it turned off and all over again. Did the power bottom and volume down hold until reboot several times until it booted again. Unlocked it and started working with it and so far so good. Don't know which one helped but it worked. Guess PB doesn't like being left unattended for long, I guess my PB is female.

Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    08-04-15 02:31 PM