I bought a new, but lightly used, Passport off a CrackBerry member. Everything works fine except when I plug any headphones in (I have tried 3) the music still comes out of the Passport and not the headphones. Has anyone else had this issue? It is an unlocked -1 model on AT&T running the latest OS. I have reloaded the OS also.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 10:57 AM
    was it advertised as damaged when it was sold to you?
    07-31-15 01:53 PM
    No. It was a replacement someone got through warranty, then they decided to use another device. I'm not sure they ever used it.
    I called Blackberry and they want me to get more information from the person I bought it from so I have sent them a PM. I tried to explain it was a replacement but they claim they looked it up and it did not come from Blackberry.
    07-31-15 02:55 PM
    Run it thru BlackBerry virtual expert also maybe you need from press if all the way in

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 05:29 PM
    I did and it's not recognizing the headphones. According to BlackBerry it's a hardware issue. Now I have to figure out how to get it fixed under warranty.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 05:40 PM
    Is audio set to speaker or handset?
    07-31-15 06:01 PM
    Is audio set to speaker or handset?
    I've never seen that setting. Where might it be?

EDIT: Found it, was set to SPEAKER.
    07-31-15 06:23 PM
    Did you try rebooting the phone? I've ran into a few times that it didn't work... a reboot of the phone fixed it

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 07:35 PM
    Rebooted the phone, reloaded the OS, etc. Nothing works.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 07:37 PM
    Plug in the headphone. Try running the music app then goto the menu and select Radio.

This should allow you to scan for stations.

If that doesn't work then your SOL.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 07:23 AM
    Plug in the headphone. Try running the music app then goto the menu and select Radio.

This should allow you to scan for stations.

If that doesn't work then your SOL.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't detect the headphones so I'm SOL. Now I have to deal with the horrendous Blackberry service who wants me to find out from the original owner where it was bought. Thanks everyone for your advice.
    08-01-15 07:59 AM
    It doesn't detect the headphones so I'm SOL. Now I have to deal with the horrendous Blackberry service who wants me to find out from the original owner where it was bought. Thanks everyone for your advice.
    Give BlackBerry a little credit for at least working with you that far. They could have totally turned you away.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    08-01-15 08:11 AM
    Give BlackBerry a little credit for at least working with you that far. They could have totally turned you away.

And thus why they are where they are and Apple is where they are. We shall see how it turns out, they are supposed to call me at noon.
    08-01-15 08:46 AM
    I don't understand that concept either it's a blackberry why does it matter where it was brought from and who bought it if it's under warranty it should be serviced.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 02:11 PM
    I got in touch with the person I bought it from and they are calling BlackBerry themselves. Hopefully this helps.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 02:25 PM
    And thus why they are where they are and Apple is where they are. We shall see how it turns out, they are supposed to call me at noon.
    That has little to do where they are now. There where they are at due to the old OS that had limitations to what it could do. And they waited to long to change over to BB10.

08-01-15 02:54 PM
    That has little to do where they are now. There where they are at due to the old OS that had limitations to what it could do. And they waited to long to change over to BB10.

Oh I agree, but without quality customer service there is no path back. It all works together and is seldom one thing. They never had the customer service that Apple has, at least on the consumer side. Perhaps they took care of their business customers better.

Either way, we will see if they can help me out.
    08-01-15 03:34 PM
    Oh I agree, but without quality customer service there is no path back. It all works together and is seldom one thing. They never had the customer service that Apple has, at least on the consumer side. Perhaps they took care of their business customers better.

Either way, we will see if they can help me out.
    Hope it works out for you.

TgeekB likes this.
    08-01-15 05:52 PM
    I just had the same problem. Had my passport only a few months. Just started to happen today. I tried the reboot and seemed to work. Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 07:17 PM
    BlackBerry should have (at least) a better 'after sales service' compare to others... if they want to compete...

But if they, or 'somebody' wants the BlackBerry value to go lower before buying it, then the management is in the right track...

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 11:32 PM
    Still getting the runaround from Blackberry. First they lied and told me it didn't come from them. Then the original owner called and they admitted it did. I have given them all the information they have asked for and they admit it is a hardware issue. Now they want me to contact the original owner again and get the ticket number from when it was replaced. I have already given them the PIN and the RMA number from the replacement. They don't have a clue what customer service is. Very frustrating.
    08-04-15 07:57 PM