Gentlemen,
    I am at my wits end here with my Z10 (STL 100-3), I have owned a BBs for over 15 years. Two upgrades ago my cell started to act up. The main problems include:
    • When writing text messages the message box will drop to the bottom of the screen for no apparent reason.
    • At times when try to use the back space to delete a word, it will take off at 90 mph and deletes the entire message.
    • When making or receiving a call it rings thru the ear speaker but when some answers or I answer an incoming call it will switch to speaker phone for about 3 seconds and then back to normal.
    • My T-Mobile Wi-Fi will not work,
    • The BB Maps takes forever to load…
    • Everything is slow and very buggy.
    • It will not do a backup using link
    I have tried security wipe and reinstall, reset to factory setting using link using both preferences and standard. This is a shop blackberry phone so no support from T-M. I am currently on 10.3.2.2226

Any suggestions before I give up on BB.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by b147082; 08-02-15 at 09:16 AM.
    07-29-15 05:19 PM
    I'm experiencing none of the above problems. Connect to link and reload the OS!

Posted via CB10
    tjseaman likes this.
    07-29-15 05:26 PM
    Feel bad for you. I haven't had any bad luck with my Z10 and have had it from day one it was first launched.

I've got 3 Z10's in the household with no issues.

Perhaps you need to wipe and start over????

Hope you figure it out because it's a great phone...that's the only reason I haven't upgraded. It's simply been an awesome!

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    Dr J39 likes this.
    07-29-15 05:41 PM
    None of those issues here either. REALLY digging 10.3.2 on my Z10.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    07-29-15 06:33 PM
    No issues at all. Everything is just perfect! Try 10.3.2.2339 or like what the guys above suggested.. Do a clean wipe and then reload your OS. Hope things work out for you.
    07-29-15 10:30 PM
    As I wrote....I have tried security wipe and reinstall, reset to factory setting using link using both preferences and standard. ..... is there a different way to a "clean wipe" than using the link reset to factory?
    08-02-15 09:14 AM
    Did you try a complete clean and reload using an autoloader?

I have had good success with that in the past. I'm thinking of doing the same on my z10 which I've had since it was released and has only recently started acting up...

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 11:56 AM
    No, that is what I was hoping to learn how to do. I have not used autoloader to do this sort of thing before so I am in the dark with the process. I thought someone could point me to a resource or explain how it was done but so far I got people telling how great their z10 is and to do what I already wrote that I had done..
    08-02-15 03:39 PM
    To run an autoloader...

NOTE: It doesn't hurt to remove the SD card from the phone for the duration of this process

1. Download the version you want. The leaked OS thread has plenty of links and versions you can choose from. The files are huge... about 1.5 - 2 GB each... so start the download and maybe turn on Netflix :-D
    2. Backup the data on your phone through BB link. BlackBerry Link does backup all your content, and the auto loading process does not touch the SD card... but removing the SD card is an obvious fail-safe.
    3. Connect your phone to your PC through a USB cable... shutdown link and blend if they open up and run the downloaded exe from step 1. The autoloader does everything for you. It wipes the phone clean and installs the vanilla version of the OS.
    4. Now restore only the items you want. I personally reconfigure everything from scratch instead of doing a restore. Kinda time consuming... but that's the best way of making sure nothing weird gets copied over from a different version.
    5. Give the OS time to settle for 1-2 days. During this time your battery will drain faster and my phone runs a little hotter than normal...

It's that simple.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 07:21 PM
    I will give this a try, thanks for your time.
    For whatever reason , link will not do a backup of my phone even after reinstalling to factory reset.
    What about removing the T-Mobile sim card...?
    08-03-15 09:46 AM
    • When writing text messages the message box will drop to the bottom of the screen for no apparent reason.
    • At times when try to use the back space to delete a word, it will take off at 90 mph and deletes the entire message.
    Hardly surprising when too many touches on the screen don't give the phone time to process. It cannot process a command fast enough and got confuse that the next command is part of it thus feeding itself garbage. So you see the screen freeze, after that everything started running. Quite fun to watch sometimes. This is a feature, not an issue.
    08-03-15 12:08 PM