Rumoured Venice will be an Android phone. I say forget it!!! Hands down BlackBerry OS is better and more secured then anything out there. Now can Android bring Google Play to BlackBerry, answer is yes I believe. So why change the system to run a system? I can see Passport and Classic getting an update that can support Google Play and it's apps without the current OS being done away with. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 12:14 AM
    Unrealistic, bordering on impossible.

But OK.
    07-29-15 12:18 AM
    Rumoured Venice will be an Android phone. I say forget it!!! Hands down BlackBerry OS is better and more secured then anything out there. Now can Android bring Google Play to BlackBerry, answer is yes I believe. So why change the system to run a system? I can see Passport and Classic getting an update that can support Google Play and it's apps without the current OS being done away with. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Chen scares me.

Posted via CB10
    double_fault likes this.
    07-29-15 01:05 AM
    Yes, keep the OS BlackBerry. We want it. Why not produce devices, some with Android some with BlackBerry OS

Posted via CB, using a Q5
    07-29-15 01:39 AM
    Bring a software guy in to sort out the hardware. lol
    07-29-15 02:02 AM
    Android os is a worst os!! BlackBerry 10 is outclass!!! If BlackBerry is goin for android they're gonna ruin their name!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 02:51 AM
    You don't want android, but you want android apps,Eh?

Hmmmm...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-29-15 03:06 AM
    You talk about having a secure device (no more secure than anything else without an MDM platform), and then want to add Google's invasion, tracking and behaviour monitoring?

Is this a serious discussion or a joke thread, I can't tell which right now.

Posted via CB10
    illlya, Maxxxpower and sirius27 like this.
    07-29-15 03:55 AM
    You talk about having a secure device (no more secure than anything else without an MDM platform), and then want to add Google's invasion, tracking and behaviour monitoring?

Is this a serious discussion or a joke thread, I can't tell which right now.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, BlackBerry without BES is as secure as other OS out there

07-29-15 03:57 AM
    Exactly, BlackBerry without BES is as secure as other OS out there

I have seen a lots of posts saying this lately but didn't BlackBerry come out with a post saying security was hard coded into the devices too?

Then why all of a sudden BlackBerry devices aren't more secure than other OEMs? I do realise it's not as secure as legacy devices but does it require BES for activation or something like that?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 04:09 AM
    I have seen a lots of posts saying this lately but didn't BlackBerry come out with a post saying security was hard coded into the devices too?

Then why all of a sudden BlackBerry devices aren't more secure than other OEMs? I do realise it's not as secure as legacy devices but does it require BES for activation or something like that?

Posted via CB10
    "Secure" is such a broad term that without defining it, or at least sub classing it discussion is meaningless and confusing.

As for communication security, data moving to and from the phone, an argument can be made that BB10 without BES is similar to other products. However, as for security of data at rest on the device, and robustness against maleware BB10 is way ahead of other products whether it is activated on a BES or not.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    07-29-15 04:22 AM
    "Secure" is such a broad term that without defining it, or at least sub classing it discussion is meaningless and confusing.

As for communication security, data moving to and from the phone, an argument can be made that BB10 without BES is similar to other products. However, as for security of data at rest on the device, and robustness against maleware BB10 is way ahead of other products whether it is activated on a BES or not.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    Oh ok. Yeah that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 04:31 AM

Hmmmm...

Yes, don't want this to happen to my phone...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbr...-text-attacks/

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 06:22 AM
    Several big security issues are ignored by most people, but are covered by Blackberry but not by Android and to an extent, iOS.

1. A BB10 phone cannot be rooted. Once you root a phone, all security is potentially gone.
    2. Blackberry apps give you the choice of what you want the app to have access to. You can limit access and many of the apps will still run, allowing that all functionality may be lost (no location services would preclude you from knowing the local weather).
    3. 99% of all malware is written for Android. 'nuff said here
    4. while iOS can be rooted, if you don't allow someone access to do this, it is probably just as secure as a non-BES connected BB10 device.
    5. a 4 digit passcode with numbers only is an easy crack on most phones. You have 10 tries with a BB, before you wipe the phone. You can set any phone to allow a complex passcode, but most don't.
    07-29-15 07:30 AM
    Several big security issues are ignored by most people, but are covered by Blackberry but not by Android and to an extent, iOS.

1. A BB10 phone cannot be rooted. Once you root a phone, all security is potentially gone.
    2. Blackberry apps give you the choice of what you want the app to have access to. You can limit access and many of the apps will still run, allowing that all functionality may be lost (no location services would preclude you from knowing the local weather).
    3. 99% of all malware is written for Android. 'nuff said here
    4. while iOS can be rooted, if you don't allow someone access to do this, it is probably just as secure as a non-BES connected BB10 device.
    5. a 4 digit passcode with numbers only is an easy crack on most phones. You have 10 tries with a BB, before you wipe the phone. You can set any phone to allow a complex passcode, but most don't.

May I add:

6. Since release of BB 10 there wasn't a single OS (or core app) vulnerabilty which would allow the silent hijacking of the device.
    A short glance at Android over the same period since BB 10 release:

The 2013 Android Vulnerability of the Year | Check Point Blog

E-Z-2-Use attack code exploits critical bug in majority of Android phones | Ars Technica

950 million Android phones can be hijacked by malicious text messages | Ars Technica

Yep, Android's "security" is mainly based on the fact that most attackers are still focusing on servers and desktop computers, you could also call it "illusion".
    07-30-15 03:48 AM
    IT and security extends far beyond the endpoints you guys are all purporting to claim is more secure. It's a shame that this just isn't understood on CrackBerry as a whole: of late the site has very much descended into repetitive myths about BlackBerry, OS bashing on other platforms and shouts of 'security' by well meaning members that will never see WatchDox, BBM Protected, SecuSuite or any other service, let alone Balance.

Reading the majority of posts by so many claiming to know so much when it's horribly obvious they're consumers with no background whatsoever in security, appliances, networks, NAC, MDM, EMM or design is just cringeworthy.

Enough already. Be fans, fine, but be informed fans and help your causes by learning more and getting past phones, which to most administrative professionals is just an endpoint with policy pushed to it.

Posted via CB10
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    07-30-15 04:55 AM
    [QUOTE=usman_hidayat19;11822660]You don't want android, but you want android apps,Eh?

Hmmmm...QUOTE]

I LOVE IT!!!! And still laughing....

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:20 AM
    [QUOTE=surfer41;11824754]

Hmmmm...QUOTE]

I LOVE IT!!!! And still laughing....

Posted via CB10
    I just like to see some developers come over and secure their own creations on the BlackBerry OS.

My bad *** Passport....
    07-30-15 03:26 PM
    The only thing I could think of that would make Blackberry roll out an Android phone is to get the name of Blackberry back out there into the market.

My bad *** Passport....
    07-30-15 06:35 PM

Hmmmm...

Lmao, that's the right answer.

Sovereign sir mictol
    07-31-15 08:20 AM
    You guys please!, it's Like you all love to see the brand name "BlackBerry" go to dust? I'll support any move by Chen if he's to go android. I love BlackBerry 10 os but the os isn't moving the market, let's put aside our personal interest and support the brand in making a name back from the dead even if it goes android. They've tried everything all to the point of getting themselves almost sold. If this (android) is what is going to bring BlackBerry back to life so be it, am certain BlackBerry will secure their android devices and boot loader as well. I'll go android with BlackBerry and not other ******** oem's that has bad speakes (am talking to you samsung) and no keyboards.

Sovereign sir mictol
    07-31-15 08:35 AM
    I wonder if they might be offering this phone with two OS options.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 10:04 AM
    Lmao, that's the right answer.

Sovereign sir mictol
    And like I said, I don't want this to happen to my phone...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbr...-text-attacks/

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 04:14 PM
    You guys please!, it's Like you all love to see the brand name "BlackBerry" go to dust? I'll support any move by Chen if he's to go android. I love BlackBerry 10 os but the os isn't moving the market, let's put aside our personal interest and support the brand in making a name back from the dead even if it goes android. They've tried everything all to the point of getting themselves almost sold. If this (android) is what is going to bring BlackBerry back to life so be it, am certain BlackBerry will secure their android devices and boot loader as well. I'll go android with BlackBerry and not other ******** oem's that has bad speakes (am talking to you samsung) and no keyboards.

Sovereign sir mictol
    BlackBerry without BB10 but with Android = BlackBerry death sentence..... at least on the hardware department. In other words.. BlackBerry with Android is just another Android device, and has little to do with BlackBerry anymore.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    cablewithaview and Tim Heard like this.
    07-31-15 04:45 PM
    I don't think Chen wants to adopt Android but I think he knows he has to get in the public eye. Taking an insecure platform and offering it security so businesses that support BYOP to work could say, " yes if you want to bring your android phone to work that's fine but it best be a BlackBerry secured device ". With the world's eye on that he best not faulted lol. Then people will take notice of BlackBerry more and the BlackBerry OS will live on with security at the fore front.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 04:48 PM