Yo, back when I was 16 I had a bb bold 9780 (to get girls nomsayin) and for the past 3 yrs or so I've had an iPhone 5 which has treated me well. Now I recently looked into the BB classic and fell in love with it's aesthetics.

i'm boring as hell and don't do much with a phone but my needs are:

basic calling/texting/emails
    browsing (i.e going on wikipedia/youtube/general browsing around)
    music/spotify
    being able to watch videos on youtube/wshh/read the dailymail is something I do a lot

thats it, i don't play games at all, no need for apps like those on the iPhone (something like a train time app would be cool or a unit converter, something that would help me in my studies/work, hopefully those apps are available?).

The problem is the bb classic is restricted to business use in the UK and i can't find it anywhere on display to give it a try so my only option is to order one and see how it turns out. But based on my needs, will the classic be a good change or should I just stick with an iPhone 5s/6. I hate android even though I never have used it so thats off the cards.

cheers!
    BSuperiorXXX likes this.
    07-23-15 10:36 AM
    Bro, I had the same needs and wound up ditching Apple and Android to get the Classic. You'll wind up approving of your decision if you get it. I'd say just do it.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 10:43 AM
    Same needs. I only use email, text, browser, spotify/pandora, instagram, and a chess app. I ditched my Galaxy S4 and haven't looked back (I did own a BlackBerry Curve 9310 before the S4)

BlackBerry Classic
    07-23-15 11:42 AM
    With Amazon Appstore coming pre-installed on all BB10 devices, you will have easy access to some android apps. It is not difficult to get the full Google Play store installed on BB10 devices that will give you access to even more android apps. The only ones I know of that don't work are usually the Google specific apps like Hangouts and Google+ with some other android apps not working (the android facebook app for some reason does not work although the facebook pages manager app does, don't ask). As others have stated, with your "needs" list, you should be very happy with a BB10 device, regardless of which one it is.
    07-23-15 11:54 AM
    Alright boys, so can you manage to load websites like dailymail/misc bb'ing.com/youtube vids without any lag/slowing down? I'm concerned as the specs aren't too great and i would plan on making use of the phone for at least 18 months.
    07-23-15 11:57 AM
    You sound like a reasonable fella and don't seem to hung about on apps availability. GIven your list of wants and with BB10 apps along-with what's there on Amazon store I see all your boxes are ticked. There are native BB10 apps for workout and gym needs. I don't see you getting frustrated any time soon with a Classic.
    07-23-15 01:05 PM
    Bro, you could just as well get a 9900 (but dont do that unless you're like me and love old ****)

in other words: YES

Herp derp
    07-23-15 02:37 PM
    Yo, back when I was 16 I had a bb bold 9780 (to get girls nomsayin) and for the past 3 yrs or so I've had an iPhone 5 which has treated me well. Now I recently looked into the BB classic and fell in love with it's aesthetics.

music/spotify
    being able to watch videos on youtube/wshh/read the dailymail is something I do a lot

thats it, i don't play games at all, no need for apps like those on the iPhone (something like a train time app would be cool or a unit converter, something that would help me in my studies/work, hopefully those apps are available?).

The problem is the bb classic is restricted to business use in the UK and i can't find it anywhere on display to give it a try so my only option is to order one and see how it turns out. But based on my needs, will the classic be a good change or should I just stick with an iPhone 5s/6. I hate android even though I never have used it so thats off the cards.

cheers!
    You used your phone to get girls? You can do that today. Just go to www.AshleyMadison.com
    07-23-15 03:02 PM
    The Classic is a great phone but watching videos on it kinda sucks. I would recommend a Z30 highly.

From a Classic
    07-23-15 04:23 PM
    You used your phone to get girls? You can do that today. Just go to www .AshleyMadison. com
    Thanks bro, I'm gonna go make an account now. One question tho, is this better than Tinder for getting girls? I always get fake matches there.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sully_p; 07-23-15 at 05:57 PM.
    07-23-15 05:01 PM
    This worries me as i was on the verge of getting it. Is there any videos of videos being viewed on youtube or something?

I may get used to it but if its bad then theres no point.
    07-23-15 05:14 PM
    Alright boys, so can you manage to load websites like dailymail/misc bb'ing.com/youtube vids without any lag/slowing down? I'm concerned as the specs aren't too great and i would plan on making use of the phone for at least 18 months.
    Misc bb'ing? You aware brah? Rep trade

BlackBerry Classic
    07-23-15 05:15 PM
    Watching videos doesn't suck on the Classic.. pretty good actually.. only a bit smaller screen.

My Classic is my daily driver, pc, laptop, tablet.. my everything (gadget wise, I also have a wife and daughter... so yes I have a life beyond my phone)
    I almost don't use apps...

This phone is the best phone I ever owned. If you text and mail a lot.. the pkb of the Classic is superb!!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    07-23-15 05:17 PM
    Passport is where it's at. Classic is cool, but you'll love the passport screen, loong battery life, and android apps run so smooth. A lot of people complain about the size, but you'll get use to it. Classic is more of phone friendly and good for one hand use. If you're a serious power user, I might take a look at the passport

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 06:44 PM
    Bro......I just wanted to say Bro.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    07-23-15 06:58 PM
    You can't go wrong with either one classic or passport

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 07:04 PM
    If you love the aesthetics of the Classic, then do it. I have a Q10 and the browser and YouTube videos run perfectly fine, so no need to hesitate if that is your only concern.
    the_luckyd likes this.
    07-23-15 07:06 PM
    salman, I played with the Classic when I got a new SIM card from Verizon. It's NICE!

I think it will be a great change for you, especially since BlackBerry is in your blood. Also, the calculator has a unit converter.

I also ditched Apple and returned to my Z10.
    07-24-15 08:44 AM
    07-24-15 08:55 AM
    Cheers geeza

u reckon its better to go to a broker like CPW/mobilephonesdirect/phones.co.uk/few others or buy directly from the network itself?
    07-24-15 12:40 PM

music/spotify

cheers!
    If you are in or around London, I strongly recommend that you go to the BlackBerry demonstration concession in Selfridges on Oxford St by Bond St Tube Station (in the basement, next to the CarPhoneWarehouse concession).

There is a really pleasant and laid back BlackBerry demonstrator chap who can explain everything about every current BlackBerry phone, and they have loads that you can play around on (eg if you want to view YouTube videos, they can set up the same video on each different phone so you can compare between the devices).

If you then want to buy a phone (outright, or on contract) you just go over to the adjacent CarPhoneWarehouse concession, and I believe that all their BlackBerry phones are unlocked (which is an added bonus). This is where I bought my Passport in January (outright purchase, as CarPhoneWarehouse couldn't offer me a 12 month contract).

If you can't get to Bond St, London - most big CarPhoneWarehouse stores stock BlackBerry Classics, so phone up your nearest to check availability, and pop in to check out the device.

Good Luck! And let us know what you purchase (I prefer the Passport, but I'm probably biased!).
    Xenolock likes this.
    07-24-15 03:33 PM
    Apart from reading the Daily Mail, the Classic would be good for you. I love the keyboard more than I miss the odd app

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 04:51 PM
    Cheers geeza

u reckon its better to go to a broker like CPW/mobilephonesdirect/phones.co.uk/few others or buy directly from the network itself?
    I used to get phones from O2 direct, but when they didn't get the passport, I got it from CPW on O2. They appear to have better prices too. CPW is a pretty good place. The aftercare isn't as polished as O2 but it's still good. I don't think you'll have a problem with them. They do all the carriers except Three.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    07-24-15 04:59 PM
    Strongly suggest to get the iPhone.
    07-25-15 08:05 AM
    Classic is perfect for what you're seeking for

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 08:16 AM
50 12