Okay I am new to the BB community and just got my storm today so have a few questions. Searched the forum but didn't get a definitive answer. I was sending a text msg to a friend, after the txt was sent, it has a check mark with a little D on the top. I read the manual and it says it's a delivered PIN msg. but I know for sure that my friend doesn't have a blackberry, (and i thought PIN msg is only for BB users?) I tried sending the text msg again, but it's the same thing, a check mark with a D on the top. Any answer to that? How do I know if the msg is delivered or not?
    11-25-08 08:14 PM
    I have the same thing happen when I send out text messages too!! And my kids dont have BB.
    11-25-08 08:22 PM
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but when you send a text(to anybody) you will have a check mark next to the message when the message has successfully been sent from your phone. Your friend has verizon(i'm assuming) and the 'd' means that the message was successfully delivered to his phone. You won't have that 'd' there if you send a text to somebody using another carrier.
    11-25-08 08:22 PM
    I had the same type of question. I sent several texts to a friend who did receive them. Those ones had the check mark with the D. I also sent a couple texts to another friend who has not replied. These ones only had the check mark ... no D. Were they delivered or not?
    11-25-08 08:23 PM
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but when you send a text(to anybody) you will have a check mark next to the message when the message has successfully been sent from your phone. Your friend has verizon(i'm assuming) and the 'd' means that the message was successfully delivered to his phone. You won't have that 'd' there if you send a text to somebody using another carrier.
    Well that would explain it. I haven't texted to any non verizon customers yet!
    11-25-08 08:24 PM
    I had the same type of question. I sent several texts to a friend who did receive them. Those ones had the check mark with the D. I also sent a couple texts to another friend who has not replied. These ones only had the check mark ... no D. Were they delivered or not?
    does the friend that didn't reply have verizon or no?
    11-25-08 08:25 PM
    yes you are right, my friend does have verizon. if this is true, then it cleared everything up. Thanks for the info!!!
    11-25-08 08:26 PM
    no problem, again I'm like 99% sure that's the case
    11-25-08 08:28 PM
    Correct. If your friend has Verizon it will show you the status of your text messages.
    11-25-08 08:28 PM
    does the friend that didn't reply have verizon or no?
    Nope. I guess that would explain things.
    11-25-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD