I suppose some of you know that there is sort of a done deal in the negotiations about the Nuclear Issue of Iran and Lifting of its sanctions gradually. I have an interest on this topic coz im Half Filipino and Half Iranian and from time to time I fly to Iran for a visit. With this scenario in place.. could we see BlackBerry World finally opening its appstore to the Iranian Market?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 03:08 PM
    It's hard to believe that BlackBerry World wasn't available because of sanctions. Wow. Hopefully it back available then.
    07-19-15 03:26 PM
    Well truth is, Iran is a large and technology hungry market, if BlackBerry has any form of intelligence, it would aggressively be there!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 03:30 PM
    I would like to think theres nothing wrong in opening the appstore for that particular market.. after all.. its just an appstore isnt it?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 03:36 PM
    Actually.. what happens is.. when im in Iran, I dont get that BlackBerry Logo beside the signal logo.. usually its only H and the only time it would work is if I use a VPN.. and even with that I wont be able to access the appstore.. I have to totally disable the mobile signal and use vpn via wifi for me to be able to access the US or Euro BlackBerry appstore.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 03:38 PM
    It could be that the BlackBerry service ports are blocked by the Iranian firewall that is why you can't get the logo while you're in Iran and you need a VPN connection on WiFi only.

"I am the the Way; I am the Truth, and Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6
    08-03-15 01:03 PM
    It could be that the BlackBerry service ports are blocked by the Iranian firewall that is why you can't get the logo while you're in Iran and you need a VPN connection on WiFi only.

"I am the the Way; I am the Truth, and Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6
    No thats not true.
    I am from iran and im sure iran didn't block BlackBerry ips.
    BlackBerry block iranian from accessing to bbw or BlackBerry protect and etc.
    We have to use vpn and turn off mobile network(because BlackBerry will understand that we are from iran becuase of our mobile carries) to be able to access to bbw

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 04:23 PM
    In other news. The Official OS appeared in Iran for the first time!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 08:15 AM