I downloaded Pocketsafe from Betazone and it basically "bricked" my phone with only the constant message "saying something like this app is preventing accidental typing in your pocket". I reset my phone and deleted it. Anyone else tried this app with the same result?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 08:32 AM
    I installed the app and it works like charm ! maybe your proximity sensor doesn't work !
    07-19-15 09:45 AM
    Thanks for replying. Yes, it sounded great, but it was too efficient at blocking "accidental" key presses to the point of making my phone useless and not allowing "any" key presses. I had some experience with my phone randomly taking photos of the inside of my pocket and only calling someone in my contacts once. Thought I'd give the beta app a try.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 10:04 AM
    Thanks for replying. Yes, it sounded great, but it was too efficient at blocking "accidental" key presses to the point of making my phone useless and not allowing "any" key presses. I had some experience with my phone randomly taking photos of the inside of my pocket and only calling someone in my contacts once. Thought I'd give the beta app a try.

Posted via CB10
    Yep have to restart my phone and deleted the app

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    nglfmark likes this.
    07-19-15 10:06 AM
    Had the same problem with my Classic. Solved by turning the phone upside down and deleting the app. Hope this helps
    nglfmark likes this.
    07-19-15 12:54 PM
    I've been warned by other users of this issue, I'm currently working on a fix. It seems to affect around 10% of users.

Beta Zone is there to beta test apps, it's easy to send feedback to developer and I'm actively replying to everyone who reach out to me. Creating a separate CB thread isn't doing any good to my app, please use the standard communication next time.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-19-15 03:30 PM
    I've been warned by other users of this issue, I'm currently working on a fix. It seems to affect around 10% of users.

Beta Zone is there to beta test apps, it's easy to send feedback to developer and I'm actively replying to everyone who reach out to me. Creating a separate CB thread isn't doing any good to my app, please use the standard communication next time.
    Thanks for replying, the "bricking" issue is very serious IMHO and it would have been useful if a caveat was displayed in the actual beta app warning this may happen and what to do if you are one of the 10%. Sorry I couldn't send you a message when my phone was "bricked" and as soon I cleared it off my phone, I only thought of "warning" people.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 07:08 PM
    Thanks for replying, the "bricking" issue is very serious IMHO and it would have been useful if a caveat was displayed in the actual beta app warning this may happen and what to do if you are one of the 10%. Sorry I couldn't send you a message when my phone was "bricked" and as soon I cleared it off my phone, I only thought of "warning" people.

Posted via CB10
    This bug was introduced yesterday, I wasn't aware it would act like this for some users and couldn't warn people before having reports from users. I don't experience it on my 2 phones and I'm unable to reproduce, making it really hard for me to track this bug. Believe me, it's been occupying my mind for the last 24 hours, already sent 2 updates trying to fix it or at least getting more info from the logs and bug reports, but I haven't found the issue yet.

On a good note, since last update, logs are coming in and that will help me a lot to find where that bug is coming from.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 07:13 PM
    You might want to try the newest beta in beta zone, comments are really positive and the bug you were experiencing is part of the past. If it's up to your expectation, an edit on your op would be appreciated, as this thread might be the first to come up if someone search 'PocketSafe' in Google when the app comes out if they want to know more.

No matter what, thanks for testing the app!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and its Steve like this.
    07-21-15 01:46 AM
    OK, to be fair to the developer, I did install again and have NO bugs to report and so far have no "bricking" issues. It's headless so I presume it is working in the background making sure my phone doesn't pocket dial unexpectedly.

Sorry for giving the developer "bad" press. As I said from the thread, this is a good idea and hopefully does what is stated. Will keep on my phone and contact the developer if any quirks. Case closed.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 01:17 AM
    I have been on the beta version since day one. There were some issues, but the latest version seems to be working for all. Though I have never heard of any phones getting 'bricked'. On this beta. It's really a great app.

Passport on ATT
    07-24-15 05:52 AM
    I had to restart phone and then message disappeared

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 01:25 PM
    Deleted it

Sporting a Black Zed 30, STA 100-5, SR 10.3.1.1865, OS 10.3.1.2708
    08-05-15 09:49 AM
    Deleted it too.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 02:23 PM
    Yep, deleted it also. No offence.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 04:07 AM
    Same here... I was playing a game on my phone and the message kept popping up
    08-11-15 11:05 PM
    Same here... I was playing a game on my phone and the message kept popping up
    PocketSafe version 1.0.7.1 is now available in BlackBerry World, it brings a new settings where you can decide how long PocketSafe will monitor Proximity Sensor after a screen unlock (it was 10 seconds before, can now be customize between 1 and 20 seconds).

Also the app is translated in Czech, English, Italian, Ukrainian and Vietnamese, more languages are coming soon.

Set the new setting to a low value (like 5 seconds), that will help (see attached picture).

Of course, you should have Battery Saving Mode enabled, like it's already widely suggested for those playing games or using their phone in landscape mode.

Beware Pocketsafe in Betazone[solved]-batt.jpg

Beware Pocketsafe in Betazone[solved]-img_20150812_000900.png

Beware Pocketsafe in Betazone[solved]-img_20150812_000952.png

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 11:16 PM