Heard in several conversations and topics that BB Q10 is protected from eavesdropping and i wanna know how true is this regarding to eavesdropping by network provider or government agencies.please let me know is this true or not!
    07-16-15 05:27 PM
    Using a BlackBerry doesn't protect you from evasdropping. In fact, BlackBerry itself collects, stores and shares your personal information with third parties, including government agencies. The collected data includes things such as your real time location, your contacts, calendar events, web browsing activity and even the contents of your personal messages. By accepting the BlackBerry ID user terms of service agreement, you gave BlackBerry your full permission to collect and share those things without any further notice.

Evidence collected from BlackBerry devices has helped bust several criminals over the years. Which is probably one reason why criminals like Osama Bin Laden stopped using their BlackBerry once they became wanted. If BlackBerry really could prevent evasdropping, their market share would be huge just from the criminal market. Why buy a burner if you can have a BlackBerry and not get caught? See what I mean?
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    07-16-15 05:49 PM
    I Am Not and never been a criminal or any public charge i comited in my whole life and hope not in rest of my life but in my country human rights never respected at all i just asked because in my country government agencies spies all the members of any religion they do not like and thus i felt discriminated all the time 24 hours a day being surveilled by them even while i walk with my kids in the park day and night they are informed about my activity by eavesdropping my phone because this is the only way they hear me as i never use e-mail to say my wife that we are going for walk in the town's park area
    anyway thanks for fast reply :-)
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    07-16-15 06:03 PM
    I Am Not and never been a criminal or any public charge i comited in my whole life and hope not in rest of my life but in my country human rights never respected at all i just asked because in my country government agencies spies all the members of any religion they do not like and thus i felt discriminated all the time 24 hours a day being surveilled by them even while i walk with my kids in the park day and night they are informed about my activity by eavesdropping my phone because this is the only way they hear me as i never use e-mail to say my wife that we are going for walk in the town's park area
    anyway thanks for fast reply :-)
    I wasn't at all trying to call you a criminal. Sorry if my post read that way. Wasn't my intention at all. The best examples of proof of evasdropping on phones that I could think of is when criminals get caught from using them. That's all.
    07-16-15 06:39 PM
    Using a BlackBerry doesn't protect you from evasdropping. In fact, BlackBerry itself collects, stores and shares your personal information with third parties, including government agencies. The collected data includes things such as your real time location, your contacts, calendar events, web browsing activity and even the contents of your personal messages. By accepting the BlackBerry ID user terms of service agreement, you gave BlackBerry your full permission to collect and share those things without any further notice.

Evidence collected from BlackBerry devices has helped bust several criminals over the years. Which is probably one reason why criminals like Osama Bin Laden stopped using their BlackBerry once they became wanted. If BlackBerry really could prevent evasdropping, their market share would be huge just from the criminal market. Why buy a burner if you can have a BlackBerry and not get caught? See what I mean?
    That's just simply not true.

http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...cquisitio.html

Posted with my  Classic
    07-16-15 07:40 PM
    Yup...not true at all...have a look here too: http://ca.blackberry.com/legal/bbm-tos.html
    07-16-15 07:44 PM
    So are you calling BlackBerry's legal department a bunch of liars?

Here is direct, word for word quotes from BBM's terms of service:

18. USER DATA
    In addition to any disclosures authorized by Section 17, You and Your Users consent and agree that the BlackBerry Group of Companies may access, preserve, and disclose Your or Your Users' data, including personal information, contents of Your communication, or information about the use of the Services functionality and the services or software and hardware utilized in conjunction with the Services where available to us ("User Data"), to third parties, including foreign or domestic government entities, without providing notice to You
    That flat out says they can collect, store and share your personal information with third parties including foreign or domestic government entities!

The same terms of service, in section 17, they fullly outline what personal data they process:

Personal information Processed may include information such as name, display picture, status and personal messages, email address, telephone number, BBM contact list, language preference, BlackBerry ID or other account credentials, settings, country and time zone, Service Provider information and IP address, information about the use of the Services' functionality and the software and hardware utilized in conjunction with the Services, including device or computer information (for example, device PIN, IMEI, IMSI, UDID, MAC address or similar identifiers, and device model), or other information that may be required by law to be collected. In some cases, address book information, device location data (including real-time location information), calendar and reminder entries, and photos may be accessed
    BBM TERMS OF SERVICE

Maybe you should let BlackBerry know that their terms of service agreement is wrong.
    07-16-15 08:45 PM
    To my knowledge the secusmart acquisition is only going to benefit Enterprise users who pay the price to use it. As far as average consumer it's probably not much different than iPhone or Android as it has to run through your carrier so the carrier has all that info anyways.

As for BBM vs texts, BlackBerry has BBM messages on their servers so governments would need to work with BlackBerry and you carrier to get all the info.

Only way to truly make it more secure when it comes to BBM is to pay for BBM protected than that gives you the encryption keys, as for phone calls themselves I don't know, I guess you would have to try a third party that claims all calls are encrypted

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:45 PM

The same terms of service, in section 17, they fullly outline what personal data is processed:

BBM TERMS OF SERVICE

Maybe you should let BlackBerry know that their terms of service agreement is wrong.
    Ohhh I do not like the part about my camera and reminder app and calendar entries being on there.. phone calls and BBM I understand but did not know all my pictures go to them too.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:50 PM
    Ohhh I do not like the part about my camera and reminder app and calendar entries being on there.. phone calls and BBM I understand but did not know all my pictures go to them too.

Posted via CB10
    Unless you're storing your pictures in any cloud service provided by BlackBerry, which doesn't publicly exist BTW, your pictures are in your device memory/sd card.

All this is included in case they offer any cloud based service that includes such data.
    07-16-15 09:02 PM
    They DO NOT SELL your content (as stated earlier). If a government legally requires access and it's a term of use in their country (like a warrant) then guess what...you're pooched.
    07-16-15 09:37 PM
    If a government legally requires access and it's a term of use in their country (like a warrant) then guess what...you're pooched.
    Exactly. Anyone who thinks that BlackBerry is willing to break the law or refuse to corporate with government entities in the course of an investigation all to protect user privacy is delusional.
    07-16-15 09:53 PM
    Years ago Rush Limbaugh's phone conversation was hacked in Florida. Results made public. While I don't champion Limbaugh or his group I thought this situation unfair. But that's the nature of society anymore. Entrapment is legitimate. Everything is up for grabs!
    07-17-15 11:34 AM
    This is very worrisome to me! I lead a boringly legal life, but I deeply resent companies selling me and information about me as a commodity! I thought I had read TOS more carefully than it seems like I did. I understood the part that said if they get request from government or police they have to share data from that point but didn't think they meant that THEY were essentially spying on me and telling some sleazy company far more (which is ZERO) than I want them to do! Was this just in BBM or in all aspects? I Only use BBM a few times a year, to keep in touch with wife and son when one of us is out of the country. Otherwise I never open the app. I guess I need to ask BlackBerry a few pointed questions. I'm going to really feel stupid if this turns out to be an actual issue. I tell everyone I meet about the fact that BB10 OS let's me choose every aspect of my device I let an app have access to use. That's why I Hate most android ported apps. Not as a fanboy, wanting only the "right" look & feel. But because cascade apps let ME decide access! Heck, even the BB maps app works fine without access to my GPS. I mostly use it to see where someone or something is located in an area that I know. Or for general idea of how far two places are from each other. On the rare cases I need directions I just give it permission, use it and then disable it again. That's how I know a quality app. If it refuses to open without permission I refuse to give I delete the app and write a scathing review saying that it's sleazy for a (for example) flashlight app to access contacts, location and device ID. Or an app for reading e-books wanting all of that plus use of camera, shared files, whether I'm on the phone or not. I am willing to see ads to pay for an app. I'm not willing to give my life away just because someone thinks they have a right to take it!
    No tin foil hat needed. I know NSA etc can access data. As I used to hold a top secret clearance they already know my life history. But they don't sell it in an ever expanding circle of companies that make their money by selling me to other companies. NSA doesn't fill my inbox with spam or my mail with paper spam. So yes, I think it's different.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    07-18-15 12:09 AM
    Thanks for giving your comments whose have so much value for me and my background.I really appreciate what you tried to discuss here and finally I realized that any smartphone in this world is not protected with at least privacy of your family and kids forgetting rest of your life privacy is not respected at all.These are big companies selling us their products and then we are sold to governments structures. So we give our privacy to others with our money and our fancy we had for several smartphone platforms we used.Shortly and simply said we are exploited and used with our money we pay.This is a Betrayal. I can not do anything because I need a smartphone for being connected with my customers via Skype and Whatsapp other wise I would use a Nokia 3310

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:29 PM
    Now I know and feel disappointed from BlackBerry too,will sell my Q10 and adding 100$ more will purchase and iPhone 5,more practic and very useful for mmy job I do

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:37 PM
    Now I know and feel disappointed from BlackBerry too,will sell my Q10 and adding 100$ more will purchase and iPhone 5,more practic and very useful for mmy job I do

Posted via CB10
    You're bashing BlackBerry because they collect data, but are now getting an iPhone from Apple so they can collect your data AND you're fingerprint.

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?...

Posted via CB10
    Jay Wright2 likes this.
    07-18-15 04:52 PM

That flat out says they can collect, store and share your personal information with third parties including foreign or domestic government entities!

The same terms of service, in section 17, they fullly outline what personal data they process:

BBM TERMS OF SERVICE

...saying that they can collect (which covers any situation that they may need to in some scenarios) data and actually collecting data in the way Google and Apple does, are two totally different things...you're about as sharp as the OP as seen several comments down........

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    07-18-15 05:11 PM
    ...saying that they can collect (which covers any situation that they may need to in some scenarios) data and actually collecting data in the way Google and Apple does, are two totally different things...you're about as sharp as the OP as seen several comments down........

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    Wow, even after BlackBerry themselves say they do it, we still have BlackBerry lovers who don't believe it.

Tell me, how do you know that what BlackBerry does with your data is totally different than what Apple or Google does?

Do you have some kind of insider information or are you just being a delusional fanboy?
    07-18-15 05:49 PM
    Wow, even after BlackBerry themselves say they do it, we still have BlackBerry lovers who don't believe it.

Tell me, how do you know that what BlackBerry does with your data is totally different than what Apple or Google does?

Do you have some kind of insider information or are you just being a delusional fanboy?
    Common sense, you should use it sometime. BlackBerry doesn't make any profit on data collection; in comparison, Google and Apple both make profit from mass data collection.

Do you have some kind of insider information proving otherwise or are you just being a delusional hater?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 07:54 PM
    You're bashing BlackBerry because they collect data, but are now getting an iPhone from Apple so they can collect your data AND you're fingerprint.

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?...

Posted via CB10
    Unless one has found a way to store their fingerprint on the cloud, where it's more easily available for stealing, your comment (about Apple collecting fingerprints) appears to be incorrect.
    Consider keeping your own mental tools sharp before demeaning others.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/should-y...print-scanner/

http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-eyes-...-in-the-cloud/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 07-18-15 at 08:15 PM.
    07-18-15 08:00 PM
    Common sense, you should use it sometime. BlackBerry doesn't make any profit on data collection; in comparison, Google and Apple both make profit from mass data collection.

Do you have some kind of insider information proving otherwise or are you just being a delusional hater?

Posted via CB10
    Just because BlackBerry is too incompetent to make profit off of your data doesn't mean that they aren't trying.

They share your data with advertisers to serve up relevant ads in much the same way Google does. Again, their own terms of service agreement states that.
    07-18-15 08:07 PM
    Data sharing is the new "in" thing. Sharing is caring.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 10:31 PM
    The things my Passport does have...

1) Stand Alone device calendar...no one see's it
    2) Stand Alone camera/ pictures
    3) contacts...you do not have to share those unless you connect them with an email service...so they live on the device as well.
    4) rock solid device and media card encryption....not even Blackberry themselves can get in. Because anyone who has installed a leak OS will tell you....decrypt your SD first as it is not recoverable.And they would be right. I did this installing a leak...and I was angry...because I lost some photos. You can call Blackberry...they can't get em back for you. So I seriously doubt a carrier can...because even blackberry can't bring em back.

There are also several PGP options for making a call or sending a picture or text without anyone being able to Tap.

I'm writing thing from experience and I'm glad I never got involved in the Google + picture nightmare.

Flying Spaghetti Monster running 10.3.2.840
    07-19-15 05:17 PM
    It makes sense that BlackBerry gives our data to the government but it's still a (bit of a) shock. If this is the case, what really makes it more "secure" ? Useless features like limiting the password attempts to 10?

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    07-20-15 07:29 AM
70 123