Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 47.83%
  • No

9 39.13%
  • Maybe

3 13.04%
    Would you buy a Passport with Android installed?

I mostly enjoy the absolutely brilliant and super productive BlackBerry Hub, Calendar and Messaging apps.
    If they get a Passport Android, do you think they will create a proprietary Android ROM that comes with these apps?
    I mean, there's no way I would buy a new Passport just for it being an Android device.

I wish we could get a bit smaller Passport, full QWERTY with a physical numeric keyboard (hate the virtual one), better battery, Android with BlackBerry's Hub, Calendar and Messaging app.

What do you think?
    07-13-15 03:43 AM
    Would I buy one, no, I came to BB10 because it was a good Stable OS at the time and got the job done, Android is a silly OS in its layout.
    Al1n, donmateo, Barbareren and 2 others like this.
    07-13-15 04:52 AM
    Never! Should BlackBerry start producing android phones I would abandon all hope and just buy a pre-smart phone type of phone, as I effin detest all other OS.
    Never really understood the fixation with android? Why are u guys on BlackBerry anyways? Hardware wise its not a match for other flagship phones, app wise everybody always says bbw lacks behind other stores(which I find ridiculous, just because u have millions of flashlight apps available that says sth about qty not quality). For me i'm on BlackBerry because of bbos and the security and privacy it offers.
    Put andoid on it and i'm out. Put google on it and i'm out

Posted via CB10
    lysskr and Al1n like this.
    07-13-15 05:23 AM
    I'd consider it.

Though there are many unique selling points to BB10, it cannot be ignored that it is effectively a dying platform. Things move on, and I suspect at some point we'll have to do so too.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    07-13-15 05:25 AM
    Since the rumor of BlackBerry making Android devices, how many such sort of posts have been made? Anyone counting? Dallas is not going to be Andoid-based. It is Venice that is going to be dual system. That is it.
    And an absolute NO to the question. I am not going to buy any pure Android device even if it is made by Heaven.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    07-13-15 05:44 AM
    NO interest in Blackberry running Android.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 06:04 AM
    First your information is not correct. Second I will buy android blackberry.
    07-13-15 06:36 AM
    So wait what is the Dallas anyway? Is it Android PP I hadn't heard that? If not I don't see the point in what seems like just little cosmetic changes to basic PP and them passing it off an "new" devices. So far we have;

Passport
    AT&T Passport
    Oslo
    Dallas
    Porsche Passport

5 versions of the same phone...or am I missing some differences?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 02:24 PM

5 versions of the same phone...or am I missing some differences?

Posted via CB10
    Well, we have;

Original Passport
    AT&T (Custom Design)
    P'9984 (Rumoured, Porsche Design Passport)
    "Dallas/Oslo" - Budget version Passport

Think of the last one as a Q5 version of the Q10. The Q10 also has a P'9983 attachment. So it's not weird to see many variations of the same device. But yeah, it does seem like a lot of the same phone. Just remember they are all targeted at different audiences.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    07-13-15 03:18 PM
    But I thought even Dallas and Oslo were separate devices too? Could one be Android? Or is it just markets, or maybe they will have different bands and radios like the various Z10's, Z30's, Q10's etc?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 04:57 PM
    Yep. BlackBerry productivity with a fully operational Google Play appstore will be the best consumer smartphone on the market by far.

Posted via CB10
    ikeike859 likes this.
    07-14-15 04:53 PM
    But I thought even Dallas and Oslo were separate devices too? Could one be Android? Or is it just markets, or maybe they will have different bands and radios like the various Z10's, Z30's, Q10's etc?

Posted via CB10
    Dallas / Oslo are the same device. Oslo was the codename before it appeared in BB10 OS which is now listed as Dallas. And OP has caused confusion by even asking about the Dallas, there's no indication of it being an Android device. The fact its even listed in the BB10 OS is enough evidence of that lol.

Ps: OP and title updated to better reflect the actual question and remove the confusing info.
    07-14-15 06:12 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 06:47 PM
    Dallas / Oslo are the same device. Oslo was the codename before it appeared in BB10 OS which is now listed as Dallas. And OP has caused confusion by even asking about the Dallas, there's no indication of it being an Android device. The fact its even listed in the BB10 OS is enough evidence of that lol.

Ps: OP and title updated to better reflect the actual question and remove the confusing info.
    OK so Oslo is Dallas, that makes a bit more sense.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 07:25 PM
    "Would you buy a Passport with Android installed?"

Nope, not interested.
    07-14-15 08:16 PM
    Absolutely NOT.
    I don't want to go to an Android OS and then find out that lots of apps don't work on the square screen or are disabled by the developer etc.

Now the slider is another story with the rectangular form factor. I'm interested and will most likely buy it, but it will not be my primary device for sure.
    07-14-15 08:26 PM
    I would....at the right price
    07-15-15 03:21 AM
    Nope.
    07-15-15 12:35 PM
    I would immediately buy a Passport with BB OS 11 (or 10.4 if you prefer) with FULL Android support. At BlackBerry already addressed the aspect ratio issue a year ago..They just need to get those GPS from Google and put them in their OS as an option to activate (plus the option to 'toogle' what Google will track or not). After that I won't see a single reason not to buy a BlackBerry (except for subjective point of view about the look of them)! Best build-quality, best OS, AND with all the apps you want.. That's like a dream (smartphone speaking..) )

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 02:49 PM
    07-15-15 02:56 PM
    well manybe not
    07-15-15 02:56 PM
    of course I can't be sure
    07-15-15 02:57 PM
    No, that's a no for me...
    07-15-15 02:57 PM
    You know it would be cool if CrackBerry would allow people to do a poll as part of their threads...
    07-15-15 02:58 PM
    No.
    The last BlackBerry device with OS 10.X.X will be my last BlackBerry device. I wont take any android device for free also.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 03:06 PM
300 123 ...