Hi I am someone who had to install the cb app on 2nd day of purchase of my first BlackBerry that was z30 due to rare problems. First day my BlackBerry would crash the router, second day it would not accept wifi, third day it starts with the problem Sim not detected or technical issues or sim card blocked and there was no network for 20 mins. Soon it started to hang while running bbm. I never even showed it an app heavier than temple run 1. In a month its mic stopped working. I have posted all these problems for suggestions if you know how to check. (I dont)
    The mic's voice would just not work be audible , like the camera which just refuses to focus. Through out this time I motivated myself that the interface is excellent and I love it even though I started hating the phone due to problems.
    Now after a month of the purchase today I decided to visit the service centre as I just couldn't bear it anymore. the service center guy takes it and after half an hour informs me that the product can't be under warranty as it is repaired and there are marks of glue on it. I was completely shocked. I had buyed this phone under a special scheme from official BlackBerry named " BlackBerry Loyalty program." this gives you an extra ordinary discount like 50 dollars for you guys and 2500 rs here in India.
    I returned home fighting with myself what to do.
    I called the place where I bought it, they said to email BlackBerry and ask for activation date.
    I did that with no reply. I was confused I started putting everything together and digging deep. Checking every thing what I found was that I was right to hate BlackBerry they sold me a refurbished phone. I clicked hardware's pic there at service centre only.
    the hardware was glued and looked old. The phone has an introduction and welcome message dated 15 October 2014. I checked the manufacturing date ka baam it was November 2014 that is a month after that phones hub started functioning . Now I could not believe that BlackBerry itself did that. There was no device service center history in india. So BlackBerry is basically dumping its refurbished products in india.
    Here is the proof. Before blaming and abusing me that I was wrong please understand what I have been through buying dream phone with low income turning out to be this. I could be wrong but till now I am hating what has happened with me. Here are all attachments to prove you that BlackBerry is dumping its stock at discount. If you have buyed a BlackBerry z30 or any of its old models recently. Go to service centre and get it checked it only charges around 3 dollars.
    Betrayal and dumplings by bb  proof!-dsc_0010.jpg
    Betrayal and dumplings by bb  proof!-img_20150709_172035.jpg
    Betrayal and dumplings by bb  proof!-img_20150709_171842.png
    Betrayal and dumplings by bb  proof!-imag0006.jpg
    Betrayal and dumplings by bb  proof!-imag0005.jpg
    Betrayal and dumplings by bb  proof!-img_20150622_151001.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 08:27 AM
    Show us your About screen so we can compare the IMEI and PIN on the box with the IMEI and PIN on the device. I'd also like to see numbers printed on the phone itself with the back cover removed.
    07-09-15 08:46 AM
    In the US there were a LOT of returns during the launch.... People were buying them assuming they were like any other smartphone, but when they found out they couldn't install Instagram or Candy Crush, they returned them. Which is why pretty quickly carriers and sales people started trying to vet or "feel out" users to make sure they understood the limitations of those early BB10 devices.

But these devices had to go somewhere.
    Lalit Kumar 4 likes this.
    07-09-15 08:53 AM
    But this is not at all acceptable. Here for the guy still doubting me. I hope you can see.
    Now answer. For me its cheating. Pure cheating. And I am sure within that half the discounted phones must be like this only.
    Betrayal and dumplings by bb  proof!-img_20150709_202021.png
    Betrayal and dumplings by bb  proof!-img_20150709_172003.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Betrayal and dumplings by bb  proof!-img_20150709_172035.jpg  
    07-09-15 09:53 AM
    Betrayal and dumplings by bb  proof!-img_20150709_202021.png

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 09:54 AM
    I read the CB article regarding the loyalty program and it said it was a collaboration with Infibeam website. Are you sure the store you bought it from didn't just sell you a cheap, busted, imported from Canada, used Z30 and took off Rs. 10,000 off the price of a new one under the guise of a BlackBerry loyalty program? The program said it was for a new device not a refurbished, or in this case completely busted, device.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-09-15 12:21 PM
    I'd say approach consumer court and make all parties responsible, infibeam and BlackBerry, or the store if you bought it from there.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:31 PM
    Mmm, dumplings.

Generally, for embedded devices, when booted up, they take the build time of the OS rather than January 1, 2000 until they sync time properly. This is likely your 1 month difference.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 03:45 PM
    Bcitmike - The phone is repaired too.this confirms it is refurbished. And for every one else I brought it from infibeam only. I have contacted them and stated to take a strict prompt action, I have also conveyed that in no case I am responsible for this scandal and would take nothing less than the full amount I paid. And I eliminated exchange as an option as I can't trust them any more. The courts would drag it for long where as I feel there is no ground left for the seller company and they would have to repay.
    The most shocking part is according to infibeam BlackBerry is the direct seller, and it is hard to believe that the company itself is doing so. This is pure cheating.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 07:47 PM
    I bought it from infibeam only and it was covered under this program. The program in itself is a verification for me that BlackBerry itself is doing it as i have to provide all my BB Id information and pin. after checking it they gave me a off online only.
    when i opened it it had that screen guard with red arrow , a sealed case , nothing funny with the box and seals. Its just disgusting if the company is doing so to pull up its loss.
    07-09-15 09:24 PM
    Where do you live in India? Isn't there a BlackBerry service center there?

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    07-09-15 09:44 PM
    I visited the service centre in delhi at nehru place, they opened up the device just to discover that the product was refurbished as it was having glue on pcb and was missing shield too. Then they come up with that the device has been repaired unauthorised and warranty so does not apply. They gave me a report and told me to complain against the seller. Which in my case was BlackBerry itself . Shocking na.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:14 PM
    Did you call the 1800 number and email the address on the back of the box?
    07-09-15 11:39 PM
    I have mailed BB and am just targeting the selling site because as per law its their responsibility now. I guess you are not from India , 1800 does not work over here. I couldn't even find a number of BB that i could complain to. Being so annoyed I have no doubt that this was my first and last Blackberry and would never recommend it to anyone. And sure would share my story, I am not even going to quit with an exchange because who knows till its been opened that it is new or not. I am heading strong for complete refund.
    and i would recommend everyone to get there device checked if you have recently bought it.
    07-10-15 01:16 AM
    It is sad that this happened especially since the offer was publicised by BlackBerry themselves. I don't think u will get a refund but do press for a replacement. Which should be sealed.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    07-10-15 08:04 AM
    Sorry to hear that my friend. You have proof of purchase and you have the Infibeam offer details that says it should be new.

This is the customer support # for India:
    000-800-1007-373 (toll free)

I hope you can get a replacement.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-10-15 08:13 AM
    Avoid Infibeam at all costs. They will take another 100 years to scent after Amazon. They are either the accused or an accomplice. Both make little difference in layman's language.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:32 AM
    It is sad that this happened especially since the offer was publicised by BlackBerry themselves. I don't think u will get a refund but do press for a replacement. Which should be sealed.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    Amritv, I don't see a defence against my concerns. How can I get a new one of these? Who knows they are genuine till they open up. And this isn't somehow small, if I don't get a refund I would make sure they well at coats plus ill defame them till I could go newspaper, blogs, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, every where.
    I have clearly stated that I won't accept a replacement, I need the full amount and maybe compensation too.
    This has caused enough problems. Their reply would be coming soon, I have made them to agree to the deadline as this Tuesday.
    This is a police case and a cheating scandal.
    If I had to sue them, ill put more conditions that is to pull back all the BlackBerry devices they have sold for a check up. So that no one is deprived of the joy one should have while having a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 10:27 AM
    This phone was sealed perfectly.
    The plastic wrapper, the broad BlackBerry logo tape, the red arrow screen guard, it never created a doubt, it looked like a new phone should look like in every sense.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 10:30 AM
    In our warehouse, we had good product and some bricked product due to bad firmware loads. The bad ones had a red sticker.

Inventory counts happen, and they use a form of red dot for marking counted product.

Boom, bricked product gets shipped due to mixing with good product and bad.

Could be warehouse mistake, shipping wrong product.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 03:02 PM
    In our warehouse, we had good product and some bricked product due to bad firmware loads. The bad ones had a red sticker.

Inventory counts happen, and they use a form of red dot for marking counted product.

Boom, bricked product gets shipped due to mixing with good product and bad.

Could be warehouse mistake, shipping wrong product.

Posted via CB10
    Mike, infibeam only deals with the new products. Why would anyone pack the phone so well that it takes after a new one. There is no question that the product was sent to cheat. Look at the box, every detail is perfect.
    The box itself is proof that BlackBerry is somewhere involved. Cos the odd that the box was made outside are really less.
    I just wish I get my refund really quickly. This drama was so not needed.
    Well what do you have is BlackBerry involved?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 07:36 PM
    I feel sorry for the OP! The Z30 is an awesome phone. He did say something that made me laugh, he said 1-800 numbers do not work in India! Most of the time I call one from here in the USA, it is answered by someone in India! I really open he gets this worked out.
    07-10-15 07:57 PM
    Mike, infibeam only deals with the new products. Why would anyone pack the phone so well that it takes after a new one. There is no question that the product was sent to cheat. Look at the box, every detail is perfect.
    The box itself is proof that BlackBerry is somewhere involved. Cos the odd that the box was made outside are really less.
    I just wish I get my refund really quickly. This drama was so not needed.
    Well what do you have is BlackBerry involved?

Posted via CB10
    "when i opened it it had that screen guard with red arrow , a sealed case , nothing funny with the box and seals. "

Infibeam doesn't make the phones, they receive them from BlackBerry and/or BlackBerry's factory in Mexico in pallets or large shipments. If Infibeam doesn't open a sealed phone, it's not their fault, its Mexico factory's fault.

It's BlackBerry's fault (technically, the QA checks in Mexico factory).
    If there are MANY like this, Infibeam should recognize the problem and escalate it. If they are not escalating an issue like this, it's ALSO their fault.

It sounds like these are factory tested and were "fixed" before shipping. They may not be refurbished, these might be ones that failed the initial production testing checks, went to SMT repair, and then passed testing. That is pretty standard, you don't get 100% successful runs on a complex device like a smartphone. At least not in the first few runs. Sometimes parts are put in backwards, sometimes crooked, sometimes parts are tombstoned, insufficient flux, etc.

Are you 100% sure that you are looking at glue on the PCB? Is it hard and non-sticky? Or is it soft and sticky? If its soft and sticky, its solder flux from SMT rework. If its glue, then its likely to help ensure components do not get knocked off easily. The first pic of the PCB looks like flux, since you wouldn't put glue there, you would put flux on the solder pad where the shield would solder on. It's probably not good to change anything now until this is resolved, but if a little alcohol removes it, then its flux from rework.

So it does kind of make sense now, that they flogged these potentially flaky phones for a reduced price in a third world country. But if they pass a full round of QA checks (RF testing, flash, RAM, etc), there is no reason they cannot sell it to you. This is common practice in all industries. Based on your first paragraph in OP, I'm surprised it passed the QA checks.

What is Redington Support's (the support contact on the box) email response to this? Is that who you emailed for activation date and didn't get a reply?
    07-10-15 08:18 PM
    I understand what you are saying, but the quality and hardware I have got is not up to the standard of even a Chinese domestic manufacturer.
    If all this was done by the BlackBerry how could they miss the glue (the glue is hard and is not sticky). Secondly if it was running perfectly still they can't miss the pcb shield which made it's warranty void. The issue is a really big one if BlackBerry did it. It shows negligence, misstatement, mishandling, cheating with cheap tactics, mismanagement, poor quality control and checks, betraying customers by flagging discounts, and ultimately the device didn't work for even a month.
    So the issue is really big. They start something like "BlackBerry Loyalty program " highlight the loyalty and do this.
    If the device would have got an old hard but equally competitive to new ones in every sense and life than Its ok. But it isn't so.
    I did mail [email protected] for activation date.
    Now I have also mailed the mexico manufacturers around a hour ago.
    No reply yet.
    However Infibeam has told me that they would take action by 14th of this month till then they are inquiring their vendors for it. Lets see what they come up with other wise I am all up for a legal fight.
    I am so sceptical that should I buy a BlackBerry z30 again. Should I give them another chance. Is BlackBerry trust worthy?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 02:02 AM
    I feel sorry for the OP! The Z30 is an awesome phone. He did say something that made me laugh, he said 1-800 numbers do not work in India! Most of the time I call one from here in the USA, it is answered by someone in India! I really open he gets this worked out.
    I dint know that the number works in india thank you.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 12:15 PM