Hi all

I have a 9720 for about two years or longer, I can't remember.

Lately it's been getting on my nerves with rebooting very often. This happens when it's in my pocket and apparently when a lot of keys are getting pressed at the same time. I just could reproduce the problem when holding it in my hands and pressing a lot of keys at the same time. Thus I think it's not a loose battery.

I'm not able to find any threads with this same problem (the loose battery seems to be common, but this not).

Is this known? And more importantly, is it fixable? I don't want a case for it btw.

Thanks
    07-08-15 02:37 PM
    Hi all

Lately it's been getting on my nerves with rebooting very often. This happens when it's in my pocket and apparently when a lot of keys are getting pressed at the same time. I just could reproduce the problem when holding it in my hands and pressing a lot of keys at the same time. Thus I think it's not a loose battery.

I'm not able to find any threads with this same problem (the loose battery seems to be common, but this not).

Is this known? And more importantly, is it fixable? I don't want a case for it btw.

Thanks
    i remember my old bb doing this too when i did that....
    07-08-15 03:20 PM
    If it's pressing on alt+shift+delete (or enter, can't remember haven't touched a BBOS phone in more than 2 years) that's why it's rebooting.

It's the soft reset "code". Does the same as if you pulled the battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 03:23 PM
    If it's pressing on alt+shift+delete (or enter, can't remember haven't touched a BBOS phone in more than 2 years) that's why it's rebooting.

It's the soft reset "code". Does the same as if you pulled the battery.

Posted via CB10
    YES!! forgot all about that one! I can't recall it though...

Black BlackBerry Curve→ White BlackBerry Z10 → Black BlackBerry Z30
    07-08-15 04:51 PM
    That's not the case, it even happens when I just press letters. And I believe the soft reset mode shouldn't be allowed to work when in locked mode.
    07-08-15 05:04 PM
    That's not the case, it even happens when I just press letters. And I believe the soft reset mode shouldn't be allowed to work when in locked mode.
    don't push multiple buttons at once than

07-08-15 05:09 PM
    Hi all

Thanks
    Get a Blackberry 10 😁

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    07-08-15 05:14 PM
    Get a Blackberry 10 😁

you beat me to it, was just going to say that lmfao!

07-08-15 06:28 PM
    Hi all

Thanks
    It should may be a loose battery. Does it happen if you gently press the multiple keys at once, or it requires you pressing with increased pressure for the reboot. I had a similar issue back in the day, seems to phone flexed when and dislodged the battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 06:35 PM
    don't push multiple buttons at once than

Like I do it on purpose, it happens when it's in my pocket.

Get a Blackberry 10 ��

I want to yes, but I want a Classic and if this happens with this phone as well I'm going to another brand.

It should may be a loose battery. Does it happen if you gently press the multiple keys at once, or it requires you pressing with increased pressure for the reboot. I had a similar issue back in the day, seems to phone flexed when and dislodged the battery.

Posted via CB10
    I taped it down or put a piece of paper between it before, but didn't help.
    07-13-15 09:24 AM