Is there a way to make Whatsapp messages from the hub appear in Blackberry Blend on a computer in 10.3? I would appreciate any help or any workaround anyone may have. Thanks!
    xubabi likes this.
    07-07-15 04:53 PM
    No. Not possible at the moment. There is a setting on your device where you can give third party apps access to Blend so maybe Whatsapp can make it work in a new release.

Time will tell.

In the meantime I do not think there is a solution

Posted via CB10
    tdeedles likes this.
    07-07-15 04:56 PM
    If you want to use WhatsApp from your computer, I suggest you check out WhatsApp Web ( https://web.whatsapp.com/ ).

You open this website on your computer (most major web browsers supported), and pair it with WhatsApp on your phone. It then gives you in-browser access to all of your WhatsApp conversations.
    07-08-15 09:18 AM
    If you want to use WhatsApp from your computer, I suggest you check out WhatsApp Web ( https://web.whatsapp.com/ ).

You open this website on your computer (most major web browsers supported), and pair it with WhatsApp on your phone. It then gives you in-browser access to all of your WhatsApp conversations.
    There's any possibility to add support to Microsoft Edge?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 10:21 AM
    Hi - I'm definitely one user voting for WhatsApp integration with Blend. It is the staple application for BlackBerry alongside other communication apps, it is very well done, and would definitely benefit from a comfortable and secure way to use it through Blend.
    07-09-15 07:59 AM
    07-09-15 08:30 AM
    WhatsApp Blend integration would be quite useful. I'm sure many people would love it.
    07-09-15 08:39 AM
    There is no public API for integrating with BlackBerry Blend.
    There are no 3rd party apps currently integrated with BlackBerry Blend.
    BlackBerry Blend currently only offers access to a limited set of 1st party applications applications.

Despite appearances, BlackBerry Blend is not actually mirroring the hub at all. Instead, it is talking to some (but not all) of the services that feed data to the hub.

Thus, this is not a feature we (or anyone else outside of BlackBerry) is even capable of offering at this time.

Since these classification terms often seem to be misunderstood:
    - "1st party app": an app that's written by BlackBerry. Often has extra special integration with the OS. Not uncommon for core components of the OS to be written specifically to talk to parts of these apps.
    - "3rd party app": an app that is not written by BlackBerry. Has to integrate via the public APIs. Can only work with features of the system that BlackBerry decided to expose to the outside. (Even if the developers of these apps have access to special permissions, there is a limit to what this can enable for them.)
    Rjinswand and xubabi like this.
    07-09-15 10:21 AM
    Is there a way to make Whatsapp messages from the hub appear in Blackberry Blend on a computer in 10.3? I would appreciate any help or any workaround anyone may have. Thanks!
    08-02-15 03:42 AM
    Blackberry has been on a downfall for quite some time now. You would think they would solve such simple problems just to keep there still loyal customers. But sadly not!
    08-02-15 03:45 AM