I'm on Amazon, but I don't know which is the phone I need for the best signal? Is this it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DI7...UvbUpU11764000

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 01:28 AM
    Hi Qaddafi,

From looking at the link you posted, it doesn't look like the right one for Tmobile. I get nervous looking at frequencies versus looking for the model #. The one you want is SQR100-1 unlocked. There is a white one on Ebay from a seller out in Florida for a decent price. He allows returns also, which is a good thing and has an excellent feedback (97.9 out of 99804 buyers). Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Qaddafi likes this.
    07-04-15 09:50 AM
    I'm on Amazon, but I don't know which is the phone I need for the best signal? Is this it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DI7...UvbUpU11764710

Posted via CB10
    Rick-TJR is correct. You need the SQR100-1 unlocked. It will be fully compatible with AT&T LTE and T-Mobile LTE. There will be no WiFi calling on T-Mobile because they never sold a Q5.
    Qaddafi likes this.
    07-04-15 10:45 AM
    Yes, that is the only bad part is that there is no WiFi calling. Even when you load the official OS from Tmobile for the Q10 onto the Q5, it still doesn't work. You get tricked, though, as it mention you having WiFi calling abilities when you first load the OS, but connecting to the WiFi does nothing. But otherwise, this is a great phone as I mostly need WiFi calling when I'm out of the country only.

Posted via CB10
    Qaddafi likes this.
    07-04-15 02:16 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies! I checked the customer questions (toward the product) on Amazon and the seller confirmed it was SQR100-3. So I went with an eBay seller and purchased this one. Hopefully it's not the wrong one and would like some feedback as quick as possible to be able to cancel it if it's the wrong one.

It's a Canadian version intended for Telus.

Blackberry Q5 Telus 8GB 100 1 Black Unlocked Smartphone Brand NEW Never Used | eBay
    07-04-15 04:38 PM
    Hi Qaddafi, yes Telus would be the correct one for Tmobile here. Is this your first Q5?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 05:18 PM
    Hi Qaddafi, yes Telus would be the correct one for Tmobile here. Is this your first Q5?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I had the BlackBerry Q10 break on me, so I bought the BlackBerry Z30. Now I owned the BlackBerry Classic, but I want a 2nd phone to just mess around with while at work and not really do much but text. The biggest reason I want a Q5 is the keyboard seems way better than the one for the Q10 or classic to be honest. It seems like I'd be getting better feedback.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 06:53 PM
    The biggest reason I want a Q5 is the keyboard seems way better than the one for the Q10 or classic to be honest. It seems like I'd be getting better feedback.
    Also, there has yet to be any complaints of double typing on a Q5.
    07-04-15 07:24 PM
    Well Qaddafi, it sounds like your familiar with the Q5, since you mention the keyboard. Out of all the Pkb BlackBerry 10 devices, I like the Q5 the best. I totally agree with you about the typing experiences with the Q10 and Classic. I never like the Q10's keyboard, the Classic is definitely better, but the Q5 is even better. For some reason, my 9900 was the best, but the Q5 is close. I can still type faster on my 9900 than any other keyboard. It also has the nice LCD display so when I'm outside in bright sun, I don't struggle to see it like my Q10. And it is smaller and lighter than my Classic, so it is easier to pocket and carry the phone. To bad it doesn't 16gb of memory, but it is still an awesome phone. Oh, and like the post above mentions, no double typing problems. Enjoy your new Q5 when you get it.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-05-15 08:18 AM
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback. It seems the Q5 forums is the place to be!

I'm excited and can't wait for it. Hopefully the eBay seller doesn't scam me. I normally don't mind Amazon.com, but have always been somewhat distrustful of eBay.

When it arrives how can I check it really is SQR100-1? Would "About" (In Settings) have it?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 03:02 PM
    Yes. In the 'General' category you will see it by scrolling down a bit you will see Model # SQR100-1 (hopefully). I've always had good luck on Ebay. You just got to know what to look for in determining a good seller. Hopefully, you found the right one. Keep us posted.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 03:53 PM
    When it arrives how can I check it really is SQR100-1? Would "About" (In Settings) have it?
    Also there is a small black label on the back of the Q5 that has that information.
    07-05-15 07:13 PM
    Final question...

I received the unlock code via email (still waiting for the phone). From what I've seen on tutorial videos, some people post the entire unlock code while others only insert a partial part of the code. I have ten tries, so I don't want to blow it.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 08:49 PM
    I thought the -2 would work in USA but only on 4G? Can anyone confirm?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 12:18 PM
    I thought the -2 would work in USA but only on 4G? Can anyone confirm?

Posted via CB10
    The -2 will get 4G just fine for AT&T. It is missing the 1700 band that T-Mobile uses for 4G so you may get only 2G in some areas. No LTE for AT&T or T-Mobile.
    The -1 is still by far the best model in the USA.
    07-06-15 02:32 PM
    Well Qaddafi, I was hoping others would jump in before you hear my take, but nobody has. Here is my recommendation: I'm assuming the seller gave you the IMEI # as how else could you already have the unlock code. So before you enter the #, please make sure that your phone has the same IMEI # as the one they emailed you. You can find this under settings/hardware. The reason why I say this is that there are so many ways an error can be made like: the seller sending you the wrong # from an error reading it and typing it into the computer or the phone was accidentally placed in a different box and they read the box # instead of the phone (you get the idea). An even if you got the right IMEI # and sent it in to get an unlock code doesn't mean that it is the right code. I suggest that if all the above checks out, then enter the entire digits and not half. I believe it is a 16 digits code #. Before you hit the enter button, double check to make sure if you have entered the # correctly. This way you don't doubt yourself and enter the same # again if it doesn't work. Even if it say it accepted the code and states it is unlocked, you will only know if it works when you put your Tmobile sim card in. How do I know this??? Because it happened to me and it still didn't work. I called Tmobile and they gave me a second # and it still didn't work. They finally contacted BlackBerry themselves to figure out what is wrong and the 3rd, which was completely different from all the rest, finally worked. I entered all the digits. I hope you don't have the trouble I went through and that it all goes smoothly. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:16 PM
    Oh, it took me almost 3 weeks to get this issue resolved as I had to wait several days for the new code to come in each time and the one from BlackBerry took the longest.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:19 PM
    Well Qaddafi, I was hoping others would jump in before you hear my take, but nobody has. Here is my recommendation: I'm assuming the seller gave you the IMEI # as how else could you already have the unlock code. So before you enter the #, please make sure that your phone has the same IMEI # as the one they emailed you. You can find this under settings/hardware. The reason why I say this is that there are so many ways an error can be made like: the seller sending you the wrong # from an error reading it and typing it into the computer or the phone was accidentally placed in a different box and they read the box # instead of the phone (you get the idea). An even if you got the right IMEI # and sent it in to get an unlock code doesn't mean that it is the right code. I suggest that if all the above checks out, then enter the entire digits and not half. I believe it is a 16 digits code #. Before you hit the enter button, double check to make sure if you have entered the # correctly. This way you don't doubt yourself and enter the same # again if it doesn't work. Even if it say it accepted the code and states it is unlocked, you will only know if it works when you put your Tmobile sim card in. How do I know this??? Because it happened to me and it still didn't work. I called Tmobile and they gave me a second # and it still didn't work. They finally contacted BlackBerry themselves to figure out what is wrong and the 3rd, which was completely different from all the rest, finally worked. I entered all the digits. I hope you don't have the trouble I went through and that it all goes smoothly. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Now I'm confused! Haha
    I bought the phone brand new, so I figured it had to be locked by default if the packaging hasn't been opened. It's just that in the email, the seller said it was the unlock code and not the IMEI. I thought it would be simple like enter the code he sent me and that would be all I would need to do.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 01:35 PM
    I thought it would be simple like enter the code he sent me and that would be all I would need to do.
    That is all you need to do. What Rick-TJR was saying is to verify the IMEI number on the device before you use the unlock code. You only have 10 attempts to unlock the phone. If you do not use the right code during those 10 attempts, the phone will hard lock and will never be able to be unlocked.
    He was just trying to let you know to be sure the IMEI on the phone and box match. The unlock code is generated from the IMEI.
    07-07-15 03:06 PM
    Hi Qaddafi. Well that is different then but everything I said when you attempt to enter the code they have given still applies. That is nice that they given the unlock code, but too bad they didn't enter themselves so that you don't have to go through the troubles if it doesn't work. I guess they wanted to keep the box sealed so you know it is brand new. Hopefully, all goes well from the first go around with the code given to you. The crazy thing about this whole unlocking the phone business is that if you attempt to unlock your phone and fail all 10 attempts, not only does it not unlock the phone for other networks, it also locks up your phone for the carrier it was specific for; the one that it would have been already working on (basically your phone is truly bricked). Not trying to scare you but if the code you were given doesn't work, don't keep trying to unlock it with that same number and let them know you need them to send another code or order your own code from one of those places Online. What is scary is if you have someone who knows what their doing and they get their hands on your phone and they don't like you, they can destroy your phone in a matter of seconds if it isn't unlocked. That is why I get all my BlackBerry unlocked no matter what. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything as watch people now start screwing others up by doing this; ooops! sorry. Good luck and I pray it all goes smoothly for you. Most of the times it does. But let us know how it goes either way. But don't get back to us saying you bricked your phone; hahaha. Actually, I'll be sad for you and not laughing. Bye

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-07-15 05:37 PM
    :I

So I get the phone (model SQR100-1), the one I needed, and the unlocked code emailed to me from the eBay seller said it was "successful". I pop in my T-Mobile sim card and it doesn't work. I get this notification! (8 attempts left btw)

Where can I buy Q5 for T-Mobile USA?-img_20150714_044335.png

So what exactly does this mean? The code didn't work or what? And why would it say it's successful but not work for T-Mobile?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 11:49 PM
    It is not the right code. Notify the seller right away because you have the right to return the phone if it is not as described. Either the code was derived from the wrong IMEI, or the code is from a source that is not reliable.
    Again, contact the seller right away.
    07-16-15 07:48 PM
    Return the phone. They have that model on Amazon for $140 brand new.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 12:58 PM