To the people that are excited about a possible android future I dont think you have though things through too well. This phone will be a huge mess. Running some kandy version OS (kitkat/ lollipop), powered by google services (horrible security), and built on blackberry hardwear (very good security). This mutant of the phone seems really good in theory but lets see how these polar end come together and how the phone really functions: seems more likely for these polars to come together as a confused phone than a smooth flowing os/service/hardwear set. Also what going to happen to bb10 if this happens is it going to become just like bbos - abandoned.

Posted via International Passport
    lift likes this.
    07-03-15 11:44 AM
    Speak for yourself. I'm getting one as soon as it's released.

Posted from an ME173X
    Fidel Mercado and dannykavs like this.
    07-03-15 11:58 AM
    To the people that are excited about a possible android future I dont think you have though things through too well. This phone will be a huge mess. Running some kandy version OS (kitkat/ lollipop), powered by google services (horrible security), and built on blackberry hardwear (very good security). This mutant of the phone seems really good in theory but lets see how these polar end come together and how the phone really functions: seems more likely for these polars to come together as a confused phone than a smooth flowing os/service/hardwear set. Also what going to happen to bb10 if this happens is it going to become just like bbos - abandoned.

Pretty sure android has the largest market share of any smartphone OS. Google services are trusted by many companies already... Not to mention the large amount of android phones operating already on secure networks. What's the point of trying to have an OS war when it's clear that androids are becoming more ubiquitous and bbry is selling less devices every year. Lastly, they probably won't abandon bb10. They'll probably support both for a long time until they can deprecate one safely. Definitely don't think they're going to tell their government buyers they need to accept a brand new OS that doesn't have the same security credentials as bb10
    07-03-15 11:59 AM
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/07...id-smartphone/

The BlackBerry Venice sounds interesting.

Looking at the slightly edged and thin bezels; knowing how customizable Android is, I would guess many BB10 type features could be baked on top of Android. Pretty much every OEM throws in their fair share of features/design/etc. to their devices. Stock Android is a rarity these days.

Imagine BlackBerry's on-screen keyboard, swiping gestures, BB security as an extra service, and all the little features that make a BlackBerry OS convenient on top of Android. That's having full Google Play Services, apps and everything. No more missing out on apps. And for those who try to make up for the app problem; no more side-loading apps that might not work properly if at all.

This could be the best of both worlds IF done right. If the specs and performance is up to par with other flagships running Android, this type of phone definitely could bring me back to BlackBerry.

Sent from Tapatalk using my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    07-03-15 12:29 PM
    It is quite exciting to think about a phone like this.

It MUST have BB10 hub and a similar open app screen to B10 and we are good to go.

Then I will wait on the physical keyboard version

BB9700, 9790, Q10.3.1779
    07-03-15 12:45 PM
    BlackBerry makes better hardware than most android oem's. BlackBerry hardware plus value adds like BlackBerry experience will be a winning combination

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 01:08 PM
    Funny to see some of the comments on that TB article.

"Too late.". What? It's a new Android device. If that's too late, does that also mean Samsung should scrap any plans for a Galaxy S7, because 'too late' (everyone has an Android device already)?

Posted via CB10
    DJM626, dannykavs and Blacklatino like this.
    07-03-15 01:17 PM
    Well, that's not for me. I'm not using a Z30 because of it being BlackBerry, but because it's for me the best OS. If I had to use Android I would choose maybe LG G4, but probably I'd jump to Windows. If BlackBerry ditches bb10, I'm done with them

Posted via CB10
    its Steve, Allanon89 and lift like this.
    07-03-15 01:17 PM
    I look forward to at least seeing -in-action the phone some of you are saying you don't want- prior to release.......like somehow it's going to change what has probably been planned for some time. BlackBerry has been using Android runtime for apps for time time now. So, we really haven't had a BlackBerry- only device for some time now. So saying you don't want an Android device is interesting. I get it, but just an observation. Some of the old timers(not me) say the true BlackBerry fanboys are still using Legacy devices and not BB10s. Personally, I don't care what everyone else is using. I just want the best device available- if it is a "continuation" of BlackBerry and Android......ok.
    07-03-15 02:03 PM
    Maybe the only way to get in some organizations such as this Australian thingamajig http://www.zdnet.com/article/austral...ch-blackberry/

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2339 CB10
    07-03-15 03:11 PM

Posted from an ME173X
    You getting one ain't going to save the company. You need to buy more than that.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 03:27 PM
    To the people that are excited about a possible android future I dont think you have though things through too well. This phone will be a huge mess. Running some kandy version OS (kitkat/ lollipop), powered by google services (horrible security), and built on blackberry hardwear (very good security).
    You don't ever address why you think they haven't thought things through very well. At this point in your post you have done little other than attempt to insult anyone who is excited about a possible new device.

This mutant of the phone seems really good in theory but lets see how these polar end come together and how the phone really functions: seems more likely for these polars to come together as a confused phone than a smooth flowing os/service/hardwear set.
    You go on to agree that this phone is a great idea in theory. I wonder if you could actually list a few great things to support this belief? Then you switch to a wait-and-see approach which kind of contradicts your entire post--A post seemingly designed to trash a product before you have any actual knowledge of, well, anything. You then change mindsets again and decide that this whole thing is now a bad idea and won't work. Again, with absolutely zero actual knowledge of the product itself.

Also what going to happen to bb10 if this happens is it going to become just like bbos - abandoned.

This is not relevant to the discussion of whether or not a BB/Android device would be successful or functional. And if this new phone really is in the works then whatever the Fate of BB10 is had already been decided.

I don't mean to be harsh but there are too many of these types of posts on the site. Uninformative, based on nothing factual, and meant only to rant or incite. You switch gears about 5 times in this one short post and in the end I don't know if your rooting for the phone because it's a great idea but you're concerned about the finished product, you dislike the very idea of this phone and it was a bad idea from the start, or you just really like BB10.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-03-15 03:38 PM
    Wait, Android is not secured? LOL

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 04:07 PM
    You getting one ain't going to save the company. You need to buy more than that.

Posted via CB10
    Save the company? Why should I do that, I don't work for them. I just want to use an Android BlackBerry/BlackDroid.

If their hardware division kicks the bucket, tough. Life goes on.

It's just a phone.

Posted from an ME173X
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 07-03-15 at 06:26 PM.
    garnok, ArcPlug and Witmen like this.
    07-03-15 05:31 PM
    1. Do we really need a thread just for this?
    2. BB has no choice.
    3. Love it or leave it.
    extisis, toneytone and Blacklatino like this.
    07-03-15 06:21 PM
    As a longtime BlackBerry hater, I find myself in the very awkward position of feeling desire for a BlackBerry device. I think BlackBerry is about to get some hypocrite dollars from me . . .

Hopefully they will sell an unlocked version at some point, and hopefully the skin will be inoffensive.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 06:27 PM
    Save the company? Why should I do that, I don't work for them. I just want to use an Android BlackBerry/BlackDroid.

If their hardware division kicks the bucket, tough. Life goes on.

It's just a phone.

Posted from an ME173X
    Even if they price it at around $750 - $800?
    07-03-15 06:43 PM

Posted from an ME173X
    Well... money talks. Have a hard time arguing with that even if I prefer my bb10.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 10:07 PM

Consumers are not concerned about security in a device they would rather have a robust app ecosystem, if that wasn't the case then why haven't hordes of Apple users jumped over to BlackBerry when the cloud hacking fiasco happened? Or countless other security failures that have been reported for Android? How come they haven't jumped over to BB10?

BB10 won't be abandoned because it will still be used for enterprise and government use.

Loving my Passport!
    07-04-15 06:12 AM

Posted from an ME173X
    +1. This would be the first BlackBerry in a long time that I'm actually interested in buying around launch.
    07-04-15 06:18 AM
    Hopefully they will market it right (or market it at all).

Even though most people think of BlackBerry as old fashioned and slow, they still have a reputation for good quality hardware. If they push that aspect, along with security, they might hit a sweet spot that will resonate with Android users.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 09:25 AM
    I am going for it no matter what happens . Finally it is BLACKBERRY brand which matters to me the most .
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-04-15 09:28 AM

Posted from an ME173X
    all you would have is an android slider. there have been plenty that have done the landscape slider. this i believe would be the first android portrait slider. subpar specs. nothing to gawk at besides the fact that it's a slider. no BlackBerry apps outside of the BlackBerry suite. horrible security as usual. android. go for it buddy.
    alb101 and lift like this.
    07-04-15 05:39 PM
    I am going for it no matter what happens . Finally it is BLACKBERRY brand which matters to me the most .
    just the hardware and casing is BlackBerry.
    lift likes this.
    07-04-15 05:40 PM
    +1. This would be the first BlackBerry in a long time that I'm actually interested in buying around launch.
    this phone shouldn't be called just a BlackBerry. should have an asterisk always attached to it. you won't have the same BlackBerry 10 experience with this phone and if you think you do- then you cater to the android side of things anyway.
    07-04-15 05:41 PM
60 123