From a few weeks ago, I've been having focusing problems on my Passport's camera. In order to get it to focus, I have to open the camera app, shake the phone and then most of the times the focus square will ultimately turn green and focus to snap a pic.

I have tried hard reseting several times (by pressing down the volume buttons), but the issue is not going away. I have checked some threads and there's not one concrete solution. Most suggest the hard reset, have tried, but it's not solved. Also, the camera lens is not obstructed by anything. I also read a thread on someone suggesting to keep pressing the shutter until the camera focuses, unfortunately it didn't help either.

I believe this issue began after a trip a month or so ago. I was using the phone to snap daytime pics in downtown Queretaro (a State about 2.5 hours drive from Mexico City) and it was very hot, about 35�C, when my camera started acting funny and the camera image started moving like waves. I stopped using the phone, but it still felt very hot, so I proceeded to do a hard reset and this seemed to fix it.

However, now sometimes I can see the "wavy" image again, can't focus right after opening the camera app and have to move or shake the phone a bit in order to get it to do so. It's an annoying issue, specially if I need to take a quick pic.

My Passport is on 10.3.1.1779, which I installed with Sachesi sometime ago, as my carrier (Telcel) has not released 10.3.1 for this device. It worked quite well, but lately I've been getting this focus issue.

I'm not sure if jumping to 10.3.2 would be the answer. If in the end it's a hardware issue and I need to send my phone for carrier warranty repair, I would most likely need to reinstall the official 10.3.0. Therefore, I'm wondering if doing a full security wipe and restoring the same OS would help or if it's definitely a hardware issue and should turn to my carrier.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? If so, have you found a solution? What about other 10.3.1 versions, is there a better one for the Passport (SQW100-1)? Thanks.

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 06-28-15 at 03:04 PM.
    06-28-15 02:52 PM
    Keep the shutter button pressed see if it helps then release to snap the picture

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 03:15 PM
    Correct. 2 seconds ago I learned in the forums to hold the shutter button and release when you're happy w/ the focus. Much sharper pics!
    06-28-15 03:16 PM
    Keep the shutter button pressed see if it helps then release to snap the picture

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but if you read my full post, I mentioned having tried this already and not getting any result. I've read through the post that mentions it in the Forums. As this hasn't fixed the issue for me, it's the reason I'm asking.

06-28-15 11:47 PM
    Correct. 2 seconds ago I learned in the forums to hold the shutter button and release when you're happy w/ the focus. Much sharper pics!
    Thanks, but again, it's not the issue I'm facing. It didn't use to happen a little over a month ago and curiously began after the trip I mentioned. I'm afraid it might have something to do with the hot weather of that day, thus it could be a hardware problem.

For everyone else:

Is there a better 10.3.1 version for the Passport than 10.3.1.1779?

06-28-15 11:51 PM
    This is the sad reality with Crackberry these days... Folks don't read the full posts and attempt to quick reply as authorities, even when their "solution" was discarded as already being tried in the original post...

Sadly, the only threads which are full of posts are those discussing whether BlackBerry will make an android device or regarding the "app gap". Crackberry is no longer helpful, I will have to find a solution on my own and move on...

07-19-15 09:11 PM
    Just for anyone curious, or who has a similar experience, it was a hardware problem. It seems something came off its place inside the camera lens, that's the noise that I occasionally heard and why it wouldn't focus or have the camera image look wavy. Anyway, I took it to my carrier and got a warranty exchange.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 08:20 AM
    Exact same problem here, I live in Iran and I don't know what to do, there aren't any Blackberry stores here and my phone is not under any kind of warranty.
    Shame on Blackberry.
    09-18-15 08:54 AM