I am in love with it... I gave my classic to my son and kept the Q5... the keyboard to me is better and I type a lot... and I love the smaller form factor... 2 gripes I do have is the Power Button absolutely sucks *** and after installing the 10.3.2.2204 it took 4.9 GB of space...

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 05:47 PM
    I agree about the keyboard. I find it better to type on than my previous Q10.

Powered by BB10
    06-27-15 05:58 PM
    how phone handles 10.3.2 - any lags?
    miguel11691 likes this.
    06-27-15 06:00 PM
    Yup! I hear you Miguel. I have the Classic, Q10, Passport and the Q5, and I like the Q5 the best. The only thing that keeps me using the Classic is the essential strip (Aka tool belt). If the Q5 had that in it's small form factor, 16 gb and maintained it's light weight, it would be perfect. Whenever I go skiing, the Q5 is what I fire up. Before the Classic came out, it was my main phone. By the way, what color did you get? I'm thinking of buying a white one, but a little worried about certain low light situation where it might be difficult to see the keys. I had a white G1 and that drove me crazy. I hope that isn't the case with the white Q5. Oh, that is about right for the amount of memory used as I loaded 10.3.1.xxxx and it was 4.8. I don't use a lot of apps and once my device is setup with all the stuff I care about, then it is around 5.6 gb used up. So it works for me. Enjoy your sweet phone.

Posted via CB10
    double_fault and miguel11691 like this.
    06-27-15 06:27 PM
    how phone handles 10.3.2 - any lags?
    It runs real smooth... had no issues or lag anywhere...

Posted via CB10
    1ese likes this.
    06-27-15 06:29 PM
    Yup! I hear you Miguel. I have the Classic, Q10, Passport and the Q5, and I like the Q5 the best. The only thing that keeps me using the Classic is the essential strip (Aka tool belt). If the Q5 had that in it's small form factor, 16 gb and maintained it's light weight, it would be perfect. Whenever I go skiing, the Q5 is what I fire up. Before the Classic came out, it was my main phone. By the way, what color did you get? I'm thinking of buying a white one, but a little worried about certain low light situation where it might be difficult to see the keys. I had a white G1 and that drove me crazy. I hope that isn't the case with the white Q5. Oh, that is about right for the amount of memory used as I loaded 10.3.1.xxxx and it was 4.8. I don't use a lot of apps and once my device is setup with all the stuff I care about, then it is around 5.6 gb used up. So it works for me. Enjoy your sweet phone.

Posted via CB10
    I have the the White Q5... it looks great and especially I have both premium blackberry cases... looks great... as far the key problem u think about because of the G1.. the keys are nice and bright no issues in low light areas... and to tell you the truth... theys light up brighter than the Q10 and Classic... it works great...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by miguel11691; 06-27-15 at 08:55 PM.
    06-27-15 06:33 PM
    I believe you meant to say you have the White Q5. If that is correct, great. I think I will purchasing the white one real soon; like now! Thanks. If the wife complains, I will tell her it is your fault; haha.

Posted via CB10
    miguel11691 and lift like this.
    06-27-15 07:18 PM
    Q5 is a powerful little guy. Bought myself one couple weeks ago. Straightaway went for 10.3.2.2204. You couldn't tell it's a budget phone as it runs the latest leak with same agility and grace as the top dogs. For me the LCD screen is way better than my Z30's amoled screen. Once I got comfortable with LCD screen everytime I look at Z30 screen I tend to look the other way. That's a shame for the otherwise most perfect touch screen phone as far as I'm concerned. Back to Q5 - yes the power button is almost always unresponsive. So I long press the L key to lock and let the phone go into standby mode on its own a few seconds later. Waking up is just a simple swipe so no need to engage power button there.
    The other impressive thing much to my surprise is the camera. I'm not a shooter with smartphone camera but this thing made me use more often. I almost always got blurry pictures from my Z30 may be the way I held that phone while composing a shot. This Q5 form factor is just perfect to hold steady and take crispy shots. The shutter icon is presented just about where your thumb naturally rests making it extremely ergonomic.

I have a Z30 which I love despite what I started about its screen white balance (important to me) and picture quality (not at all important to me). I also have a oneplus one - another great phone. And the recent addition to my collection is Q5. When I started with Q5 I essentially kept that as my weekend phone while oneplus served me weekdays (since the corporate email app-Good- is configured on this phone and I don't want to add more Android app to my beloved berries).

After a week I swapped my sim from oneplus to Q5 and made it my regular phone. It's THAT good. And the Z30 is my home Wi-Fi companion.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    06-27-15 08:44 PM
    I believe you meant to say you have the White Q5. If that is correct, great. I think I will purchasing the white one real soon; like now! Thanks. If the wife complains, I will tell her it is your fault; haha.

Posted via CB10
    Lol yea I have the White one... sorru I edited my post to say that... I posted a link to where I bought on ebay on my other post... I paid 135 but that's because I had a coupon... he is selling it for 145 and it's new in package... box and all... 100-1 version

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 08:57 PM
    Here is the link bro... and trust me your wife is going to love you even more after this...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251956519765?nav=SEARCH

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 09:01 PM
    Thanks Miguel for the link. And thanks Venky for the info about the Z30. I have been tempted to get the phone for awhile but when I read the specs about it having the Amoled screen, I was turned off. I thought it was the new and improve Z10 and I assumed since the Z10 had the LCD screen that the Z30 would too. The reason you state is the same reason why I don't use my Q10. Overall, I like the phone and having no double typing issues, but when I look at that screen versus my Classic, Passport or Q5, I just turn it right back off. The only reason why I kept it was that it is the only BB10 device I have with Tmobile WiFi calling abilities. Soon as one of my other phones like the Classic gets the update with WiFi calling it's time to unload the Q10. I don't travel out of the USA often, but it is sure nice to have when I do. So thanks again Venky as I was just looking at the Z30 today, but you and Miguel have convinced me to get the white Q5. Oh, is the GPS working well for you both. My Black Q5 doesn't seem to be as good as my other BlackBerries. It tends to lose lock, especially when I come to a stop light. Once moving again, it take 20 or 30+ feet before it tracks and sometimes I'm off the road and will eventually correct itself as I keep driving. This is the only reason why I'm considering buying another Q5 to replace the other one with a strong GPS, if I have a bad unit.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 11:39 PM
    I'm glad you're enjoying your q5! I switched from the z30 a few weeks back (99 dollars from Telus) and haven't looked back. This phone truly continues to amaze me. I'll be so excited if the slider has a q5 keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 12:02 AM
    Thanks Miguel for the link. And thanks Venky for the info about the Z30. I have been tempted to get the phone for awhile but when I read the specs about it having the Amoled screen, I was turned off. I thought it was the new and improve Z10 and I assumed since the Z10 had the LCD screen that the Z30 would too. The reason you state is the same reason why I don't use my Q10. Overall, I like the phone and having no double typing issues, but when I look at that screen versus my Classic, Passport or Q5, I just turn it right back off. The only reason why I kept it was that it is the only BB10 device I have with Tmobile WiFi calling abilities. Soon as one of my other phones like the Classic gets the update with WiFi calling it's time to unload the Q10. I don't travel out of the USA often, but it is sure nice to have when I do. So thanks again Venky as I was just looking at the Z30 today, but you and Miguel have convinced me to get the white Q5. Oh, is the GPS working well for you both. My Black Q5 doesn't seem to be as good as my other BlackBerries. It tends to lose lock, especially when I come to a stop light. Once moving again, it take 20 or 30+ feet before it tracks and sometimes I'm off the road and will eventually correct itself as I keep driving. This is the only reason why I'm considering buying another Q5 to replace the other one with a strong GPS, if I have a bad unit.

Posted via CB10
    My GPS works great so far... no issues I've come into yet

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 12:39 AM
    Whenever I go skiing, the Q5 is what I fire up.
    i'll ask a bit weird question but anyway - is it easy to skip tracks with q5 volume rocker from the pocket?
    my curve have rubber buttons and i can play next track and control volume through jeans.
    q5 volume rocker doesn't look that... touch perceptible i guess.

also anyone who got 10.3.2 - does long press of "space button" switch apps or any other function?
    06-28-15 07:01 AM
    Hi 1ese, I don't know about skipping tracks, but I control the volume with my headphone. I can pause it too. But I haven't thought about skipping tracks as I usually play my favorite songs. I have these headphones with pretty good size buttons which makes it easy to hit and it works great when you get a call on the slopes as the built in mic near your mouth picks up well and clear. They are called 'a-Jays Four'. They may not be the best sounding, but they aren't bad either, but the definitely have the biggest buttons I've seen to control the volume and pause. I got mine at a Tmobile store for $20. Hope this helps. Oh, the cables are thick too, which made me decide to buy it as hopefully this means it can take the abuse longer when I'm skiing. If you do get them, just use the EQ in the phone to get the desired sound you want.

Posted via CB10
    1ese likes this.
    06-28-15 10:10 AM
    Well thanks 1ese, you caused me to investigate if that was even possible but it is!!!! In settings/main volume there is a toggle that let's you change songs by hold the volume up or down button. I just tried and it works great with my headphones. Well, I can't for ski season to return as I have a new way to enjoy the slopes. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 10:47 AM
    Well thanks 1ese, you caused me to investigate if that was even possible but it is!!!! In settings/main volume there is a toggle that let's you change songs by hold the volume up or down button. I just tried and it works great with my headphones. Well, I can't for ski season to return as I have a new way to enjoy the slopes. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Rick-TJR thank you for information!

Cheers from fellow snowboarder/ Have a nice slopes
    p.s. attached picture of closing season - just 2 months ago
    So after 3 days with the Q5...-11042015_wallp_mountains.jpg
    06-28-15 04:13 PM
    Oh man, you're killing me! That is beautiful. Where is that? I finished my last day at Snowbird April 20 and 21st.
    So after 3 days with the Q5...-img_20150422_102825.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 05:20 PM
    I'm so impressed to read how happy people are with their Q5. Generally it's so unloved ?

Probably because people haven't tried it!

I always had a hunch that the minimalist Q5 would be great when I first saw it, but I had already gotten the Q10 around 18-24 months ago.

Now I have both the white and black Q5. I use the 5 for making money in business. If people only knew how great it is, for getting stuff done....

Its smaller size is key to me. And its power is on par versus the Q10 and Classic if you are a core business user.

And I'm learning about the music and GPS capabilities reading the Forum.

Go Q5.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    06-28-15 07:31 PM
    Yes, I love the Q5 the best. Especially, as you say, the small form factor and yet powerful as the rest. Oh, that picture at Snowbird was with the Q5. Which color do you like best: the black or white?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 11:03 PM
    I'm so impressed to read how happy people are with their Q5. Generally it's so unloved ?
    Probably because people haven't tried it!
    Well, design is kinda controversial - and next to Q10 looks not that classy.
    But hey, it's a matter of taste!

Rick-TJR, my picture is from Sochi (last year olympics place)
    Utah is sweet, Great Scott cirque definitely not for beginners though

Any users of 10.3.2 - does long pressing of space button from application make any action?
    I've heard it should bring you to homescreen with open applications.
    06-29-15 04:57 AM
    I was so impressed with q5 the other day sharing files between the Passport. Was surprised to see it has WiFi direct which I didn't expect, for some reason

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 08:12 AM
    I was so impressed with q5 the other day sharing files between the Passport. Was surprised to see it has WiFi direct which I didn't expect, for some reason

Posted via CB10
    Qd throws lot of such surprises as we continue to use it. It's got the following
    NFC
    Radio
    LTE
    Wi Fi Direct
    Buttery smooth OS performance
    Bright LCD
    Nice keyboard
    Decent battery
    Sharp 5 mp shooter good for day shots
    No lag if you stick to BlackBerry ecosystem as much as you can.

Almost all the boxes are ticked in comparison to Q10 or even Classic if only one could look past the plastic (but durable) construction, lack of hdmi port and a serviceable 8 gb internal storage.

There's almost nothing this guy can't do that its bigger qwerty brothers can.

 Q5 
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-29-15 10:12 AM
    Yes, it is possible, go to setting>main volume>media shorcuts!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 12:42 PM
    Just thought I would add my little bit about the q5 I have had a z10 passport q10 which I am using now also a z30 and also had a q5 let me tell you out of all of them I had the most pleasurable and satisfying experience of bb10 on the q5. It is a little gem a true workhorse of a phone from typing to the design everything about it just made me so happy to use a real pleasure to use of a phone one of the best phones I have ever had. The size is perfect and BlackBerry should made an updated phone for the people that prefer this form factor size etc.

Posted via CB10
    double_fault likes this.
    06-29-15 02:05 PM
32 12