How many people get surprised or start to talk BS when you pull out your Classic? I always get "wow man! You still have a BlackBerry?! Or "Man you don't change for anything! I respect that you still have a BlackBerry! What are some of the things you guys hear?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 10:22 PM
    "****ty phone for a ****ty person" =D

Those kinds of comments are only from friends by the way, LOL.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    06-24-15 11:50 PM
    Sometimes it's "why do you have a Blackberry?"

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 11:56 PM
    most of my buddies call it a ****berry just based on the fact that we had to redo out group message without imessage.

"does that ****berry do....?"
    "I bet that ****berry cant....?"

90% of the time my BlackBerry does it better than the iphone

Posted via CB10

edit: shytberry FYI
    MrClassic likes this.
    06-25-15 04:49 AM
    I had someone say to me tonight that android is better than blackberry when I suggested to another friend to go blackberry instead of apple or android.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 05:01 AM
    I've had people tell me that I'm "too young to carry their grandpa's phone..." Also had several people insinuate that my lack of drive to participate in the data mining known as social networking is directly correlated to my BlackBerry use... Stating that I "wouldn't be boring if I didn't have boring phone." I.e. "If you had an iPhone you'd be on Instagram' or "If you used an android you'd want to Facebook". How about NO. I don't touch Apple, but I've played with droids and WP, still no drive to create a FB account... This has NOTHING to do with my phone and everything to do with my enjoyment of privacy and maintaining a sense of mystery... But their snide remarks make me chuckle. I choose my device based on my usage which is messaging/emails/calls. No other device has wooed me in the ways BlackBerry has. To me, it just can't be substituted nor replaced. I am proud to be BlackBerry and proud to be CLASSICly so... Zero f@cks to give about the opinions of others, I'm focused an in tune with my custom wants and needs which in the end are all that matter when choosing a personal mobile device...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 06:51 AM
    My son and wife walked in the other day and my Classic was on table an he picked it up and said what a nice looking phone they both agreed .This from iPhone users .
    Last edited by wilber1; 06-25-15 at 03:33 PM.
    1ese and MrClassic like this.
    06-25-15 07:03 AM
    My friends have finally accepted that a BlackBerry can still cease to exist in 2015.
    I remember their reaction when I got a Q10 last year.
    And when I got a Passport (The Passport reactions were something I regret not recording hahaha) , and then the Classic and finally the Z30.
    I'm completely a 'Crackberry' :3.
    They think I'm bonkers for not buying the latest iPhone or something else 'mainstream'.
    And they're just used to me now with a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 08:08 AM
    Same stuff
    06-25-15 08:12 AM
    My cousin, who's an iSheep, calls mine a f**berry all the time.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 08:21 AM
    I often use my Boldie 9900 when taking lengthy notes in docs2go....I always have people feel sorry for me "for not being able to afford a nice more modern smartphone like an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy". I have an iPhone 6 w/128 GB memory at home but I don't feel like explaining myself to strangers over and over again....It's getting tiresome....
    06-25-15 05:43 PM
    To the original question: Actually no reaction.

Pretty well all of my clients that I meet use BlackBerry devices. All my staff have Z10, Z30 or Classics (all 78 of 'em). As do 99% of the staff at head office... only have one VP with an Iphone. BYOD company.

80% of my network use BlackBerry's, ... If not more. Sure some have Samsung as second phones, but work is done on BlackBerry 's. My personal phone is a Z30.

I guess we just real tools for real work

Chris - Posted with CB10 on my Workhorse Classic
    06-25-15 07:28 PM
    My boss was impressed that I had a BlackBerry when I interviewed for my job. My job requires multi tasking and being highly organized. Think my phone helped with getting the job :-). I try to ignore stupid remarks from some people.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 10:28 PM
    All the time, bro. It's annoying. However, I assume the people who don't understand why people used BlackBerry phones still are going to die poor.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    06-26-15 12:59 AM
    When I whip mine out, the usual response is something along the lines of "wow, that's a blackberry?"

Then I tell them about the battery life, show off its multitasking capabilities, browser, email client, typing speed, ability to control every aspect of my PC, android apps etc etc, and they're sold. Quite a few have ditched their Crapples and Samdungs and showed up with a Passport of their own within days.
    MrClassic and subycat1 like this.
    06-26-15 01:21 AM
    Whenever I get my Classic out, I usually hear:

"You STILL have a BlackBerry?"

"Are you not interested in getting an iPhone?"

"Amazing how you've been loyal to BlackBerry for this long"

"Awww.. I miss my Bold/Curve" etc
    TJ Strozier and mzceetee like this.
    06-26-15 03:53 AM
    My girlfriend asked me today if my POS blackberry can view emoji images.

Her galaxy s4 crashes at least 3 times per day!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 04:09 AM
    The last time I heard a comment like that, it went something like - "you still have a BlackBerry? You're not one of those weirdos who go crazy defending and recommending BlackBerry to their friends, family and strangers on the internet are you?"

I laughed it off, but it was actually pretty embarrassing.
    06-26-15 04:11 PM
    Mostly no reaction... my fellow co-workers know that I do the things often different then the rest... the first time was a positive reaction.. "looks nice" and stuff..

But they are only interested in games and other toy stuff.

One co-worker wants a Classic like I have... But he is saving up for other stuff.. so he'll waits till he can get one in the future... funny story... he has recently got the old iPhone from his wife... (former phone Nokia E71) and everybody (co-workers) gave him the wow and neat..that he eventually had a "modern" phone... But then he said the perfect thing... " I actually want a BlackBerry Classic like Maurice (me)..." and everyone went quite.... lol...

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-27-15 03:10 PM
    We just introduced the BlackBerry Classic at work, CYOD, to replace the z30 and it has been doing very well. A lot has to do with education and understanding what BB10 can do. Many still believe Blackberry is dead then they see the Classic and they are very impressed.

Posted via Z10
    MrClassic likes this.
    06-27-15 03:35 PM
    The man sitting next to me on a flight home the other day said "wow, I don't see people with BlackBerry very often". He then showed me the Bold he uses. He said he can upgrade to just about any phone through his company at a cost, including the Classic (no cost). He's been hesitant bc he is very comfortable with the Bold. After checking out my Classic for about 45 minutes, he told me he is upgrading for sure.

He was a salesman, like myself, and said that he would not be comfortable with anything else but a BlackBerry. He needs the basics and in his opinion, no one else does the basics better than BlackBerry. I agree 100%.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 04:28 PM
    The man sitting next to me on a flight home the other day said "wow, I don't see people with BlackBerry very often". He then showed me the Bold he uses. He said he can upgrade to just about any phone through his company at a cost, including the Classic (no cost). He's been hesitant bc he is very comfortable with the Bold. After checking out my Classic for about 45 minutes, he told me he is upgrading for sure.

He was a salesman, like myself, and said that he would not be comfortable with anything else but a BlackBerry. He needs the basics and in his opinion, no one else does the basics better than BlackBerry. I agree 100%.

Posted via CB10
    Great read. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 10:40 PM
    Lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-27-15 10:51 PM
    My boss was impressed that I had a BlackBerry when I interviewed for my job. My job requires multi tasking and being highly organized. Think my phone helped with getting the job :-). I try to ignore stupid remarks from some people.

Posted via CB10
    That's interesting. I was wondering about what impression a BlackBerry could make to a potential employer. I am an IT / Information Systems professional so typically working in IT Security, consulting or business intelligence. I was wondering whether other technology people think of me as being behind the time or if they rather appreciate the fact that someone is into secure and efficient phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 08:47 AM
    Most of the guys at my work rag on the BlackBerry cause It doesn't have a huge screen or not an apple....

I say I can do almost anything yours can do and everything I want it to do!

I love my classic! It sends texts and emails crazy fast, no having to worry about "autocorrect" I do a lot of buy and sell over kijiji and sending emails is so quick and instant....

I have my trusty tab s that I use as my browser/logbook for work/instagram/etc but for an everyday use phone the classic is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 09:05 AM
69 123