The app permissions for the new Amazon App will not change to off. I do not want this app having access to all the information. How can I change or delete this app?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:41 PM
    All or nothing! Take your pick

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-23-15 09:51 PM
    Your answer is not really responsive. How about actually posting how to change or remove the app...If you actually know.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 10:13 PM
    I have not opened the Amazon app on my Q5 bc i didnt want it in the first place. From what I've read here, (1) you cant delete the app, period, and there are a few threads about trying, and (2) once you have opened the app you're screwed for changing the permissions.

I am not a happy camper about this, but supposedly it cant do anything until you open it and give permission. Do a search of this other info bc i may be wrong about not being able to reset it back to non-granting of permissions after opening it, but it requires instructions or troubleshooting if it can be done.

I am of the opinion if an android app cant be dumped into your phone through the apk-downloader or evozi, AND function without Gozzle or Amazon, i dont want it or need it.

This compromise helps people have a choice that is different than mine, and it is a compromise. To me, mixing BlackBerry and android is mixing oil and water, and always will be.
    ssirica likes this.
    06-24-15 09:11 AM
    Thank you for the reply. That was what I was worried about. Wonder why BlackBerry would allow such a thing if it could compromise security of the device. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 07:45 PM
    Can't you put don't allow apps from non trusted sources ?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 08:03 PM
    Can't you put don't allow apps from non trusted sources ?

Posted via CB10
    Amazon APP store will still be there. Just not able to download other apps from anyplace other than BBW. Not sure if Amacrap Store would be considered trusted though.
    06-25-15 08:42 PM
    You have to download ghost commander and you will be able to Uninstall amazon with gosh commander
    darkshin0b11 likes this.
    06-25-15 09:07 PM
    And it's not even the AppStore but the full Amazon Store. So while you are in there buying Candy Crush, why not get a shirt and toaster too!

Posted via CB10
    dgmock likes this.
    07-08-15 07:48 AM
    What if I sign off the stores? Can it still have access if I'm not logged in to them? I logged in once but then I went in and signed off. I'm pissed that BB would do this.
    07-10-15 07:04 AM
    First of all be careful using Ghost Commander. So -- just so I understand the dilemma -- you never use Android apps on your phone for security issues and are concerned for same by inclusion of Amazon App?
    07-10-15 08:25 AM
    You have to download ghost commander and you will be able to Uninstall amazon with gosh commander
    Using ghost commander doesn't work. Amazon is baked into the OS and will come back after a restart.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 10:44 AM
    I don't want the Amazon App Store or Amazon store on my phone. I can get android apps using another site. It's the Amazon App Store and Amazon store apps that require you give all permissions to use them on the BB.
    07-10-15 03:39 PM
    I don't want the Amazon App Store or Amazon store on my phone. I can get android apps using another site. It's the Amazon App Store and Amazon store apps that require you give all permissions to use them on the BB.
    That's not specifically an Amazon thing, it's just the nature of Android apps as they currently are. They have an all or nothing approach when it comes to permissions. Though this is suppose to change with the upcoming Android M.
    07-10-15 07:58 PM
    That's not specifically an Amazon thing, it's just the nature of Android apps as they currently are. They have an all or nothing approach when it comes to permissions. Though this is suppose to change with the upcoming Android M.
    What's the runtime on now? Probably would take BlackBerry forever to update to Android M

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 09:29 PM
    Currently the only way to disable the two Amazon apps is to enable Parental Controls and disable the option for Amazon app installation. This will remove the two apps and disable their ability to read anything from your phone. However, it also disables the ability to install or update Android apps. You'd have to enable the feature every time you want to install or update an Android app. But, it can be done if you're willing to take a few extra steps.

The only downside to Parental Controls is that your app icons will have to be organized and wallpaper selected again. Disabling PC will return you to how it's arranged now.

[CB10 / Q10]
    07-11-15 12:01 AM
    Many thanks for the clear advice
    01-16-16 09:42 AM