I have a couple of symbols on my main screen that I don't have a clue what they mean. I can't seem to find a picture of the 8130 with all the possible screen symbols identified. I'm not talking about the application icons, but the symbols like the padlock open or locked depending on how you are accessing the internet. I would describe the symbols I see but if I could describe them I probably could figure out what they mean. Is there any documentation that describes this?

Thanks, Jeff
    12-02-07 04:28 PM
    This symbol has me stumped. It's on in Verizon theme , the upper left corner just left of the time It looks like a Plus Sym (+) with a circle around it. thx .
    12-31-07 11:50 AM
    Found symbol meaning This is the Mobile Network Connection Symbol when ist's on .
    12-31-07 12:13 PM
    This symbol has me stumped. It's on in Verizon theme , the upper left corner just left of the time It looks like a Plus Sym (+) with a circle around it.
    Sounds like you're describing the GPS crosshair icon (for 911 Only).

In your location services, you should have a choice of Location On or 911 Only. I'm pretty sure it's standard of all Verizon phones.
    Last edited by Huckleberry; 12-31-07 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Sorry; I got distracted at work and hit Post too late!
    12-31-07 12:16 PM
    I have a couple of symbols on my main screen that I don't have a clue what they mean. I can't seem to find a picture of the 8130 with all the possible screen symbols identified. I'm not talking about the application icons, but the symbols like the padlock open or locked depending on how you are accessing the internet. I would describe the symbols I see but if I could describe them I probably could figure out what they mean. Is there any documentation that describes this?

Thanks, Jeff
    Pages 32 thru 35 of the owners manual describes some but not all of them.
    Last edited by GadgetGeek; 12-31-07 at 02:23 PM.
    12-31-07 01:42 PM
    not to nitpick jet...but if you have verizon (like I do) you have an 8130 correct?

there are some differences between the two,..

if you explain which them you are using and what the icon looks like I'm sure I or someone else can help you figure out what it is...

-db

p.s. you may want to change your sig line to 8130
    12-31-07 02:45 PM
    If it's just a cross-hair, that is indication that 911 GPS tracking is available. Unless you turn your wireless radio off, you'll pretty much always see that cross-hair on your home screen, which is hopefully comforting news to you.

If it's a crosshair with waves, then it indicates that you have the Location feature enabled on your GPS device. Some applications like Google Maps can take advantage of this data to determine your location and customize your searches accordingly.

I have the 8830, on which Verizon has disabled practical use of the location feature by any 3rd party apps, but I can still enable the GPS Location setting in the system menu to make the waves appear next to the cross-hair. Maybe someday that'll actually mean I can take advantage of the feature... for now seeing those cross-hair waves just makes me grumpy with Verizon.

I hope that helps clarify,
    Binx
    01-21-08 01:45 PM
    Anyone have a clue what ( 1 (mini-earth) ) its a tiny picture of the globe next to the #1 like its a message of some sort, but all of my boxes are empty

*Update* nevermind, found out it was a browser message!!...thanx Johnny!!
    Last edited by Scrap; 01-27-08 at 12:18 PM.
    01-27-08 12:07 PM
    It's usually a Browser Message, when you say your boxes are empty.. did you check for unread msgs in all the folders in: Messages>View Folder

If so try reset/battery pull.

Edit: ha.. didn't notice your update Scrap
    Last edited by GadgetGeek; 01-27-08 at 12:27 PM.
    01-27-08 12:23 PM
    I have a symbol that looks like a little cassette tape, just to the right of the center top. HELP! I'm new to the blackberry sceene, so I'm still getting the feel for things. Thanks.
    05-30-08 08:12 AM
    Chico - that means you have a voice mail
    05-30-08 08:55 AM
    What about a small blue triangle at the top of the screen on an 8330?
    06-05-08 07:10 AM
    Roaming. Roaming. Danged triangle means roaming. I hate it. It's been happening around my house lately. Geeze! Check this thread out: What does this icon mean?
    Last edited by johnnywoods; 06-05-08 at 08:01 AM.
    06-05-08 07:59 AM
    anyone know what a >>phone1 would mean? tried nam1 and nam2 programming and no changes and also did the view folder...any ideas?!?!?
    Last edited by Jeepridin420; 09-09-08 at 04:43 PM.
    09-09-08 03:57 PM
    I'm also a newbie to my Curve 8330 (about 4 months). Yesterday I noticed a tiny icon/symbol on my home page that I have never seen before. It looks like a tiny Earth with a number 1 next to it. Any ideas what this is? Thanks for your help!
    03-20-09 01:34 PM
    I'm also a newbie to my Curve 8330 (about 4 months). Yesterday I noticed a tiny icon/symbol on my home page that I have never seen before. It looks like a tiny Earth with a number 1 next to it. Any ideas what this is? Thanks for your help!
    See post #9 above. Its a brower message.
    03-20-09 02:39 PM
    Hi: anyone knows about a small flaglike symbol that appears on the dial screen of the 8310... Thanks
    03-21-09 02:34 PM
    So I am somewhat new to blackberry. i know most of the stuff on my 8330 Curve with Verizon, but today I have a new icon which pops up only during calls.

It has a black background with blue stairs ascending to the right. It rests right next to the volume. Any ideas?
    03-23-09 02:48 PM
    I am very familiar with Blackberry and the icons but i have no clue what that icon is. It has been popping up on my 8130 during every call lately too. Any idea as to what it is???

So I am somewhat new to blackberry. i know most of the stuff on my 8330 Curve with Verizon, but today I have a new icon which pops up only during calls.

It has a black background with blue stairs ascending to the right. It rests right next to the volume. Any ideas?
    06-13-09 12:58 AM
    Like this...?

It means enhanced call audio equalization. It only appears when the option is set to boost bass or boost treble. When in the normal mode, the icon disappears.

To get to the enhanced audio options follow this -> while on a call, hit the bb menu button, then select enhanced call audio.
    Last edited by somtingreallywong; 06-13-09 at 09:39 AM.
    06-13-09 09:36 AM
    I don't see any way to pull up Adam's list of screen symbols. What am I missing?
    07-05-09 12:32 AM
    See post #9 above. Its a brower message.
    Hi, newbie here...

This browser message, how can it be checked or deleted? Newbie to BB so kinda struggling wee touch.

All info/help much appreciated.

Sam.
    07-07-09 07:34 AM

Thanks, Jeff

My pearl crashed couple days ago and a new one was replaced by Verizon, I've never seen the padlock like symbol when I was accessing the internet on my old pearl but I see the symbol on the NEW pearl. Anyone know what that padlock like symbol means??
    07-07-09 08:42 AM
    The pad lock symbol basically means you can use data services.
    07-08-09 12:07 PM
    that little symbol thats used for 911 tracking...can it be used for ANYONE to track you? or it is only accessible to 911? i ask since ive had my phone for about a week now, and i just popped up recently.
    09-14-09 06:48 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD