Skype for Web (Beta) in US and UK | Skype Blogs ? - Skype Blogs

Seeing a trend that installable Apps are now shifting to the webapps.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-17-15 03:10 AM
    Still (as of date, in France) needs a proprietary plug in (lightweight Skype app runtime) that won't fit BB10 browsers.
    Should be upgraded with webRTC in next releases, then it will fit.
    06-17-15 04:27 AM
    Still (as of date, in France) needs a proprietary plug in (lightweight Skype app runtime) that won't fit BB10 browsers.
    Should be upgraded with webRTC in next releases, then it will fit.
    Oh, didn't know that. I guess there's a lawsuit of Skype going on too, in the UK maybe...

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 05:03 AM
    I don't think so, it's just the scheduled beta process, webRTC protocol (which enables peer to peer, to simplify) is just "to come".
    Still, I'm a little puzzled when I look at the WebRTC page ... Neither IE nor MSFT are listed.
    06-17-15 05:40 AM
    I'm a Skype for web beta tester. It still requires a plugin, and they could choose to block requests from the PB browser user agent.

I was optimistic when I saw the beta rollout late last year, but as with anything related to the PB, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    06-17-15 06:58 AM
    Desktop mode could prevent this IMHO. Besides that, since they released Skype beta for BB10 i'm not sure why they'd block the PB ?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 07:02 PM
    Just because it Is the PB! Every PB fan knows that there is a conspiracy organized at the highest level of mankind to thwart the full development and implementation of the PB!! All further development of any other systems would simply not be necessary. The world economy would stumble as the tech industry simply isn't needed anymore. Empires would crumble, Apple would wither, it's iempire crumble. No my friends, the PlayBook must not be allowed to reach it's full potential....
    Cynycl and PlayBook UK like this.
    06-29-15 08:59 AM
    Desktop mode could prevent this IMHO. Besides that, since they released Skype beta for BB10 i'm not sure why they'd block the PB ?

Posted via CB10
    When did they release Skype Beta (web only) for BB10?
    06-29-15 09:15 AM
    Just because it Is the PB! Every PB fan knows that there is a conspiracy organized at the highest level of mankind to thwart the full development and implementation of the PB!! All further development of any other systems would simply not be necessary. The world economy would stumble as the tech industry simply isn't needed anymore. Empires would crumble, Apple would wither, it's iempire crumble. No my friends, the PlayBook must not be allowed to reach it's full potential....
    No.

All joking aside, it's because the current beta requires a plugin for voice and video.

Also, see Skype For Web Beta Goes Worldwide, Chromebooks Get IM Support | TechCrunch. Perhaps if you used a Chromebook UA in Origami, you'd be able to get IM support at least. When and if the plugin requirement goes away, it's faintly possible it'll work on the PB.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-29-15 09:18 AM
    When did they release Skype Beta (web only) for BB10?
    Sorry if unclear, my bad: I meant Skype App which is "preview" and not "beta".
    Latest build is 5.4.0.5191 dated June 22 2015.
    You can find it in BBWorld.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-29-15 11:06 AM
    Have we printed that before ?
    ouch.

A complaint has been filed in the Northern District of California on behalf of all persons who purchased MobileIron securities from February 13, 2015 through April 22, 2015 (the "Class Period").
    The complaint alleges that the Company and its executives violated federal securities laws with respect to its disclosures concerning its business, operations, and prospects.
    Specifically, the action alleges that during the Class Period, the Company made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that MobileIron had unrealistic expectations of meeting first quarter 2015 guidance as a result of not being able to close large customers and a continuing shift in the Company's customers using subscription services instead of perpetual licenses.
    06-29-15 02:02 PM