The blackberry Venice will most likely be blackberry's next flagship phone. It is rumored to have a stunning 5.1 inch display with a resolution of 2560 by 1440. I hope that it will have a slide out keyboard as well as a software keyboard without blackberry having to make it thick. If they try to make it a bit thinner that the z10 while adding more power, it will definitely attract more people.

Do any of you think that this will be the phone will be a comeback for BlackBerry? I hope.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:18 AM
    Nobody really knows enough about it. Once we here some specs then we can talk.
    acovey likes this.
    06-15-15 12:03 AM

Do any of you think that this will be the phone will be a comeback for BlackBerry? I hope.

Posted via CB10
    Same question was asked with Z10/Q10/Classic/Passport...

Hoping BlackBerry ends their losing streak.

Posted via C5303
    06-15-15 12:14 AM

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Comeback to what? If you are expecting the company to return to the leadership spot in the mobile arena, then you are out of your Blackberry pickin' mind.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 10:31 AM
    Why do people want such a thin phone? Afterall, the thinner the phone, the smaller the battery.

And then people would complain about charging their phone all the time.

The thing is, Blackberry totally misread the market. People WANT to charge their phone all the time, as long as it's pretty.

Work Wide and Prosper
    mk2234 likes this.
    06-15-15 11:31 AM
    The blackberry Venice will most likely be blackberry's next flagship phone. It is rumored to have a stunning 5.1 inch display with a resolution of 2560 by 1440. I hope that it will have a slide out keyboard as well as a software keyboard without blackberry having to make it thick. If they try to make it a bit thinner that the z10 while adding more power, it will definitely attract more people.

Posted via CB10
    1st, Slider is not going to be thinner than the Z10
    2nd, Slider will have a slide out keyboard.
    3rd, "Comeback for BlackBerry"... depends on what you mean. Sell enough devices to keep the company in the hardware business - it's possible. Make BlackBerry a household name with consumers....NO. It would need to have something that no one else has - other than just BB10 features, something like a special housing that senses your mood and changes color.
    06-15-15 11:40 AM
    Mood ring cases sound awesome. Totally gonna make that a business now.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-15-15 11:47 AM
    I wouldn't believe anyone who described a smartphone display as "stunning" these days as they all look pretty great. I'm trying to think of something that would look stunning to me.
    06-15-15 11:49 AM
    If I want a pkb I buy passport. For me an all touch is a must for BlackBerry

Posted via Z30
    06-15-15 11:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Comeback to what? If you are expecting the company to return to the leadership spot in the mobile arena, then you are out of your Blackberry pickin' mind.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

I think what people mean is that, BlackBerry should release a device that gets all the media talking and get people to say "you know what, I'm going to take the Leap" and try BlackBerry again because of "x" feature or because they have dual booted ect.

They won't return to leading the market any time soon, but if they increase their market share by 1 or 2% that's a massive improvement.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    06-15-15 12:21 PM
    Want a a partner?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 07:02 PM
    06-16-15 03:24 AM
    Actually they might get themselves to cover the niche of Android phones with keyboard. Such a thing doesn't exist and will sell in enough quantities for the novelty factor alone.
    The most concerning point is what will happen with the Google Services. Google basically moved most of the OS to their services so Android on its own is not very attractive proposition.
    06-18-15 02:17 AM
    Why is BlackBerry making such square devices. Everything up to z3 was rounded stylish. Yet now we get square / rectangle slabs? That are so ugly and uncomfortable in your hand? Not liking the direction of the hardware division

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 12:14 PM
    Why is BlackBerry making such square devices. Everything up to z3 was rounded stylish. Yet now we get square / rectangle slabs? That are so ugly and uncomfortable in your hand? Not liking the direction of the hardware division

Posted via CB10
    Personally, I like the square-ness.

Too many rounded corners out there.

But it's a matter of opinion. Can't please everybody.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-20-15 01:17 PM
    Its Better than the old model, it can beat android which has gone much further,Bravo Blackberry
    06-20-15 01:45 PM
    Actually, I HATE what ATT did to the passport - IMHO the rounded corners make it look dated.

Don't get me wrong, I love my z10 but I think one of the biggest factors behind its "meh" reception by the market was it's wannabe-an-iphone look rounded corners and all.

I'm saving my pennies to direct-buy a BB Passport - square corners and all!
    06-20-15 06:15 PM
    Personally, I like the square-ness.

Too many rounded corners out there.

But it's a matter of opinion. Can't please everybody.

Work Wide and Prosper
    Ditto, the square displays are actually pretty cool

The whole "work Wide" campaign was great. While I do think square displays are good. When it comes to full touch devices, the 16:9 aspect ratio is better for media consumption and also as we can see with the Passport, it comes a stage where the device gets really large and wide.

Hoping the slider doesn't have a 5.4" screen. A normal 5.0" is perfectly big enough

06-21-15 02:49 PM
    I can't wait for the slider hopefully it does I have a 5.4 screen and the snapdragon 808 will be great 18 megapixel camera BlackBerry 10 is an awesome OS we need some awesome hardware to go with this amazing OS
    06-21-15 03:55 PM
    Rounded corners feel more comfortable, square corners holding the device for a while feels like stabbing in the palm lol

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 06:12 AM
    I can't wait for the slider hopefully it does I have a 5.4 screen and the snapdragon 808 will be great 18 megapixel camera BlackBerry 10 is an awesome OS we need some awesome hardware to go with this amazing OS
    40 out of 10 excitement

06-27-15 01:58 PM
    Why not build a blackberry passport all touch same specs

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 11:16 PM
    Why not build a blackberry passport all touch same specs

Posted via CB10
    Chen doesn't want hardware sales to pick up IMHO. Goes against the plan. Plan is to be a software company.

Posted via Z30
    06-28-15 03:35 PM
    Chen doesn't want hardware sales to pick up IMHO. Goes against the plan. Plan is to be a software company.

Posted via Z30
    THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!
    06-28-15 04:10 PM
    Plan is to make money. With software services making up most of it. He said the next few quarters he's going to push devices. So let's see

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 09:33 PM
45 12