Hello,

We recently released a new application, Appetite.

Appetite can help you manage recipes and grocery lists in one place. You can upload and download recipes from the Appetite recipe channel, or just create and save recipes on your phone. Appetite also has a feature that allows you to create a grocery list automatically from your recipe, so you won't forget any items when making a new recipe.

Appetite is also a grocery list manager. With Appetite you can check-off items on your grocery lists, store the price of a particular item, make a note if you have a coupon for a particular item and more. As you shop, Appetite also calculates your shopping total.

You can see more about Appetite here

Download over-the-air(OTA)

or

Download to Desktop

We have plans for a lot more features. In the meantime, tell us what you think.

Thanks!
    11-25-08 04:41 AM
    Nice, I'll have to give this a try. I've been trying to find a good shopping list type app. Used to use the task manager on my PDA, that was just annoying.

Today I went to 3 different stores for cheese. Dammit.

Is there any trial offer on this? I hate to pay for and download something only to dislike it and delete it.
    Last edited by manderly; 11-25-08 at 05:09 AM.
    11-25-08 04:57 AM
    There is a FREE, fully functioning 10-day trial so you can see if you like it AND I can post a promo code to get 15% off.

Let me make one and I will post here later.
    11-25-08 05:16 AM
    Sorry it took a while, but I've generated a promo code for 15% off Appetite on our website. Appetite BlackBerry - Recipe and Grocery List Manager - SimpleLeap Software, LLC

Promo code: MEALTIME

When you're on the purchase page for appetite, scroll to the bottom and enter this promo code in. It should update the price, and then you can continue with the purchase.

This code is good through Dec 30th.
    11-25-08 10:53 AM
    Nice, I'll have to give this a try. I've been trying to find a good shopping list type app. Used to use the task manager on my PDA, that was just annoying.

Today I went to 3 different stores for cheese. Dammit.

Is there any trial offer on this? I hate to pay for and download something only to dislike it and delete it.
    Did you give it a try, how did you like it?
    11-27-08 04:18 PM
    I've downloaded the trial and will seriously consider buying it- I can't remember what's in my recipes ever!
    11-27-08 08:50 PM
    I've downloaded the trial and will seriously consider buying it- I can't remember what's in my recipes ever!
    I can relate, this is why we made it, lol. I am worse for not remembering the groceries.
    11-29-08 01:04 AM
    Sorry, I hadn't had the chance to test it out much with Thanksgiving

I'm not huge on recipes. I kind of know what I make by heart, and I tend not to venture out with recipes (unless I just do my own variations, it's how my mom cooks).

The shopping list is nice. I've got to put a little more time adding to it. I tend to purchase the same groceries every time, and it's really nice to have a list like this. The price info on it is handy, you can kind of figure your costs before you go.

My mom has a printout "master grocery list" she keeps on her fridge. It's like everything and anything she ever buys. When she runs out of something or is going to need a rarerly used item, she just highlights or circles it. Then she shops with the list of highlighted things she needs.

This program seems to do just that with my BB, which is something that I will seriously consider keeping
    11-29-08 03:52 AM
    Oh, some shortcuts would be nice for adding products.
    11-29-08 03:56 AM
    Seemed like a well thought out program. I will probably uninstall it because I currently use an excel spreadsheet I created that I use as my grocery list. My spreasheet is much faster for me entering info and I can see more items on the screen. I also have the option of doing it from desktop, then upload the new list to my berry. Hope others will find great use of your app. It runs quite fast and it's well put together.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 09:00 AM
    Does it support the storm?
    11-29-08 12:18 PM
    Seemed like a well thought out program. I will probably uninstall it because I currently use an excel spreadsheet I created that I use as my grocery list. My spreasheet is much faster for me entering info and I can see more items on the screen. I also have the option of doing it from desktop, then upload the new list to my berry. Hope others will find great use of your app. It runs quite fast and it's well put together.

Thanks for the kind responses.

If you do however have the need to use the recipe features or more, I hope we come first to your mind!
    11-29-08 08:27 PM
    Does it support the storm?
    sure does, and it shouldn't require you to put it in 'compatibility mode'.

Let us know how it works out for ya.
    11-29-08 08:31 PM
    I bought this and love it. I'm currently using "memo pad" for my recipes and it was working ok but I wasn't thrilled with it. Looking forward to upgrades but so far this is working out well for me.
    11-29-08 09:14 PM
    I like this app as well. One thing I would like to be able to do is when I am creating my shopping list and I use the search function, if it will fill in not only the name but the all other information as well. Except pricing of course.

11-30-08 10:33 PM
    I'm liking it- the only quip I really have is that it's a PAIN to put in my recipes...some of them are quite lengthly and it hurts my thumbs to type it all in!

An excellent addition to this app would be an online component or a desktop app to import your recipes...

Other than that well done...I think I might buy it.
    12-01-08 01:04 AM
    I'm liking it- the only quip I really have is that it's a PAIN to put in my recipes...some of them are quite lengthly and it hurts my thumbs to type it all in!

An excellent addition to this app would be an online component or a desktop app to import your recipes...

Other than that well done...I think I might buy it.
    Good thing is, there IS an online function for entering recipes!

Simply go here: http://www.simpleleap.com/appetiteRegister.htm and create a free account.

Submit your recipes and you can download them to your phone once they are submitted.
    12-01-08 07:59 AM
    I like this app as well. One thing I would like to be able to do is when I am creating my shopping list and I use the search function, if it will fill in not only the name but the all other information as well. Except pricing of course.

We thought about this, however it would be difficult to know if there is a coupon or specific notes for an item. It would also be a challenge to know the specific aisle name or number, since different stores have different labels for their aisles.
    12-03-08 03:14 PM
    I started playing with this app. So far it's great. There are two items that I think can be improved. 1) After making a grocery list from a recipe it creates a separate grocery list for each recipe. It would be good if either it adds to one list or add the ability to view all grocery list together. 2) Being able to remove categories from the recipe lists.

Keep up the good work.
    12-04-08 07:31 PM
    I started playing with this app. So far it's great. There are two items that I think can be improved. 1) After making a grocery list from a recipe it creates a separate grocery list for each recipe. It would be good if either it adds to one list or add the ability to view all grocery list together. 2) Being able to remove categories from the recipe lists.

Keep up the good work.
    Hey, thanks for checking out Appetite.

We do plan to push updates soon that will allow you to merge grocery lists and create a grocery list from a recipe with the option to add it to an existing grocery list.

For your second comment, you actuall do have the ability to remove categories from the recipe list. When you're in 'My Recipes' just hightlight a category and press the menu button and select the delete option. (the only category that cannot be removed is the "-Uncategorized-" category. The reason for this is for the scenarios where you may accidently delete a category with recipes in it... instead of deleting the recipes that were in the deleted category, it places them inside the uncategorized category).
    12-05-08 08:23 AM
    Does anyone know if the grocery list be sorted by aisle? Can it be typed in via a PC without a recipe? Essentially, I am looking for the BB equivalent of HandyShopper.
    12-06-08 07:36 AM
    Does anyone know if the grocery list be sorted by aisle? Can it be typed in via a PC without a recipe? Essentially, I am looking for the BB equivalent of HandyShopper.
    Yes. The grocery list can absolutely by sorted by aisle.

On the grocery list entry screen, the only required field is the grocery item field, but if you want to include an aisle, you must enter the aisle that the particular item is on on this same screen. Once the aisle is entered, from the grocery list screen, from the menu, select "Sort By Aisle" . This automatically organizes your list by aisle.

It takes approximately 5-10 seconds to enter each item on the phone, because it includes a search or browse item feature, in addition to simply typing the item in.

As for creating grocery lists online, not as of yet, during beta testing the users did not request this, but this is something we will take into consideration for future updates.

What I would suggest is downloading the FREE trial (DESKTOP: http://simpleleap.com/downloadApp.zip?app=appetite OR OTA : http://simpleleap.com/downloadOta.htm?app=appetite ) and see how you like it, how quick it is to get enter your grocery list on the phone, and let us know how it worked for you.
    12-06-08 09:00 AM
    I am using the trial version and when I try to download a recipe under appetizers I get an error about an IT Policy. Is this normal or do I need to delete the policy? I am BIS. Never ran into this problem before. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

TIA

12-07-08 03:09 PM
    I am using the trial version and when I try to download a recipe under appetizers I get an error about an IT Policy. Is this normal or do I need to delete the policy? I am BIS. Never ran into this problem before. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

TIA

What version BlackBerry OS are you running? And what is the exact error. This is the first time we've heard of this problem.

To find out the version of the Blackberry go to Options -> About on your BlackBerry, it is on the 3rd line (i.e. 4.5.0.81 )
    12-07-08 03:48 PM
    Error message:

"the application Appetite has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy."

4.5.0.69(92) 8110 Att

12-07-08 07:53 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD