video of the phantomskinz

I'm sure there are still some people iffy about which one to buy so post up your pictures!!!

I'll start....

Here is what I did when installing the screen armor to prevent water.

Last edited by xxraffyxx; 12-21-10 at 09:48 PM.
    11-25-08 01:56 AM
    man i thought this was another thread with a damn trick subject. then i saw your uploading them

bring em on.

i am familiar with BSE and ivisishield. i know bse is basically the same. but wht is ghost armor? same thing? also expensive or cheap like bse?
    11-25-08 01:59 AM
    11-25-08 02:01 AM
    Will be waiting for your presentation raffy...do not dissapoint...jp!!! Can't wait.
    11-25-08 02:02 AM
    Ghost Armor

With the flash

Last edited by xxraffyxx; 11-25-08 at 02:12 AM.
    11-25-08 02:08 AM
    Dang, those look really good. was it hard to put on? how long did it take you? have you ever put ghost armor on before? oh and how does your touchscreen react? and any tips for us on installing it? i'm getting mine soon.
    11-25-08 02:12 AM
    Looks awesome!!! I noticed in Skyys that his has the orange peel look to it (InvisibleSHIELD) and that yours doesn't (Ghost Armor). Very well done raffy! Props man! And the whole paper technique for filling in the gaps worked well huh?
    11-25-08 02:12 AM
    saw your ghetto *** video.... i.S has to step their game up
    11-25-08 02:20 AM
    wow that looks nice. i may consider getting this now.
    11-25-08 02:23 AM
    ugh im still scared about liquid under there
    11-25-08 02:23 AM

i have done BSE on my q many times, it never was an issue.
    11-25-08 02:27 AM
    i kinda like the ghost armor. i went with the plastic cover tho
    11-25-08 02:27 AM
    Dang, those look really good. was it hard to put on? how long did it take you? have you ever put ghost armor on before? oh and how does your touchscreen react? and any tips for us on installing it? i'm getting mine soon.
    the chrome protector was a PAIN!!! but other than that I'd say it was a pretty easy, but time consuming install an hour and 15 mins total. This is my first install with anything like this. Touch screen reacts differently... NOT BAD!! but alittle different, I am keeping it on.

Tips Take your time... use a good amount of solution with the bigger pieces and very little with the small ones... Take your time!!!!! give at least an hour.

Looks awesome!!! I noticed in Skyys that his has the orange peel look to it (InvisibleSHIELD) and that yours doesn't (Ghost Armor). Very well done raffy! Props man! And the whole paper technique for filling in the gaps worked well huh?
    I'd say it worked perfect! I didnt put alot of solution on the screen to begin with tho in fear that it would seep in. pre cut the paper then put on the screen then slide the paper in thats what I did anyway

yeah I was too believe me! but my paper trick seemed to work. And if you read the instructions they say do NOT turn on device until 2 hours after install is done. WATER will not hurt your device ONLY water and electricity will hurt it... so if some water does seep in let it evaporate before install.
    11-25-08 02:39 AM
    Raffy.. how long after the install was the picture taken?
    11-25-08 04:44 AM
    Is there a certain method to cleaning the outside of the BB before installing a skin? Mine has fingerprints and grease prints all over it but don't want to necessarily use a solution to clean it.
    11-25-08 10:59 AM
    Nice job raffy�I'll definitely be doing your paper trick when both my phone and GA arrive!

M
    11-25-08 11:05 AM
    A rubbing alcohol wipe (with high % alcohol) would clean any gunk off and give you a good surface to adhere to.
    11-25-08 11:11 AM
    Ya that sounds like a good idea. Thanks Mark
    11-25-08 11:12 AM
    got my storm an GA yesterday. install wasnt too bad at all. did screen last and took a few tries. finally got it on great and i used a blow dryer right after to help dry up any exess water that may have gotten into the gaps.

2 hrs later i turned it on, and it wasnt resposive...nearly had a heart attack. 10 secs later is was fine...must of just been buggy for a sec! i did catch a hair & spec of dust in the bottom right corner (when portrait). sucks, but isnt too bad...not worth taking off and reapplying in fear. lol
    11-25-08 11:19 AM
    so im confused????

Do any of these seal the gap between the screen and the rest of the phone?
    11-25-08 11:27 AM
    Pictures were taken 6 hours after install. Hardest part of the install was the chrome parts. I'm debating and highly recomending I consider not installing the armor on the hard buttons since it feels more prone to being snag

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 11:34 AM
    Has anyone successfully installed one of these without the solution? I know when I installed the ClearBra (same concept, obviously thicker material) on the front of my car I read about the "dry" method...
    11-25-08 11:36 AM
    so im confused????

Do any of these seal the gap between the screen and the rest of the phone?
    Never had experience with IS or GA but I'm almost certain it does NOT seal the gap.
    11-25-08 12:35 PM
    Has anyone successfully installed one of these without the solution? I know when I installed the ClearBra (same concept, obviously thicker material) on the front of my car I read about the "dry" method...
    Definitely wouldn't recommend anybody trying this out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 12:54 PM
    unless you are a surgeon its a realy bad idea to try the dry method
    11-25-08 12:57 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD