The consensus seems to be 10.3.2 due to the kill switch part of the law. Anyone think it will go to 10.3.1 instead?

Bonus points: which version of 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 do you get we will get?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 04:45 PM
    I'm voting we get bupkus. Zilch. Nada.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Hoping for the release but not expecting anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 05:16 PM
    Haha. I don't believe they won't update.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 06:29 PM
    At this point, ANY update is a positive!
    06-07-15 07:36 PM
    Verizon is Crap. And Crap never gets updated, it just sits there till its stale. :P I dont expect anything from them and already running autoloader.
    06-08-15 02:49 AM
    If Verizon ever gets off their *** to release an update, I think it'd be 10.3.2 and not 10.3.1.
    06-08-15 04:11 PM
    Nope!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 08:25 PM
    Lets just hope they update....I would be satisfied with either at this point, but if I had to guess I would say 10.3.2.
    06-08-15 10:51 PM
    When hell freezes over, we will get an update. Better to install a leak.
    06-09-15 12:00 PM
    Powdah, do you post on the Verizon board under the same (similar) name? Pretty sure I've been following your threads there. Our organization is beyond frustrated with the carriers over the lack of updates, and it's good to see someone pushing them through a public venue.....though unfortunately, I'm not convinced they care. Wish they would get behind BB again.

Are you currently running leaks? Our corporate security policy won't allow for it.....unless someone knows a way I can convince the partners leaks are secure?

Let's hope Verizon just comes out with 10.3.2 and stays current rather than starting off already behind the curve with 10.3.1......or better yet, just get out of the way entirely and allow BB to update directly.
    06-10-15 11:53 PM
    Powdah, do you post on the Verizon board under the same (similar) name? Pretty sure I've been following your threads there. Our organization is beyond frustrated with the carriers over the lack of updates, and it's good to see someone pushing them through a public venue.....though unfortunately, I'm not convinced they care. Wish they would get behind BB again.

Are you currently running leaks? Our corporate security policy won't allow for it.....unless someone knows a way I can convince the partners leaks are secure?

Let's hope Verizon just comes out with 10.3.2 and stays current rather than starting off already behind the curve with 10.3.1......or better yet, just get out of the way entirely and allow BB to update directly.
    Pick another carrier that you find just as secure as Verizon, use their os file but with the proper radio.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 02:28 AM
    JSmith422, if you are making use of VZW VVM on your company handsets, updating is not straight forward (although possible), and the process will surely not be tolerated by your IT department. All of the available10.3.2 builds (and 10.3.1 builds!) break Verizon Visual Voice Mail requiring additional steps involving backups, side loading of an old VVM BAR file, and restores. Doable for a determined user, but cumbersome for a fleet.

It's the only reason I even care if Verizon ever releases something - so I can put that process behind me.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 05:01 AM
    Our corporate security policy won't allow for it.....unless someone knows a way I can convince the partners leaks are secure?
    Tell them the only thing more secure is going to the restroom at Fort Knox.

If you're talking alpha and beta releases, sure, there's always the risk of a component within the OS not being fully tested. But, if you're talking about a full-on commercial release pushed to unlocked devices then they're no different in terms of security than what a carrier tests and approves for their network. The former is a leak, the latter is not. Make sure you aren't confusing the two. If an OS is available via BlackBerry servers for multiple carriers then it's probably a GA (generally available) release and not a leak.

Carriers don't test for security, they test for network compatibility. BlackBerry are the ones who test for security.

[CB10 / Q10]
    06-11-15 08:16 AM
    People probably should not be encouraging JSmith422 to pressure his IT dept. without first asking if they make use of Verizon Visual Voice Mail, or they will wind up with a lot of frustrated users and a pissed off IT dept.

Posted via CB10
    jonty12 likes this.
    06-11-15 08:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    HA! I think you're right.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.2267
    06-11-15 10:56 AM
    I will agree with that. Can't remember the last time I got an update out of them. I want too say last summer maybe or early fall

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 11:34 AM
    Forget about an update. I called them, told them how upset I am that they aren't pushing it. Reminded them that they released the classic with 10.3 and I haven't seen anything on my Z30 and I'm still on 10.2. The rep "looked into it" and said she doesn't see a release date. Put me thru to tech support. He doesn't see it. Told them I was going to ATT or T-Mobile and they gave me a $25 dollar per month decrease on my bill as long as I don't upgrade my phone or until they release the update. All of us should push for a reduction in our bills. Maybe just maybe that would do it. I doubt it but I couldn't hurt. Be nice but forceful and they will make a deal with you.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 06:09 PM
    Forget about an update. I called them, told them how upset I am that they aren't pushing it. Reminded them that they released the classic with 10.3 and I haven't seen anything on my Z30 and I'm still on 10.2. The rep "looked into it" and said she doesn't see a release date. Put me thru to tech support. He doesn't see it. Told them I was going to ATT or T-Mobile and they gave me a $25 dollar per month decrease on my bill as long as I don't upgrade my phone or until they release the update. All of us should push for a reduction in our bills. Maybe just maybe that would do it. I doubt it but I couldn't hurt. Be nice but forceful and they will make a deal with you.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to call and see what they say! I just wonder if the carriers read these posts and care what their customers think.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ponyboy24; 06-11-15 at 07:07 PM.
    06-11-15 06:26 PM
    As I said you need to be nice but persistent. I had to explain how many updates behind I am on 10.2 and that their own classic came out with a higher build and that BlackBerry announced an update for all BB10 devices. I told them that I have been a loyal customer since 2002 and that I feel that they are not loyal to me and I was going to leave.
    It may depend on who you get on their end but it is doable. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Ponyboy24 likes this.
    06-11-15 07:38 PM
    People probably should not be encouraging JSmith422 to pressure his IT dept. without first asking if they make use of Verizon Visual Voice Mail, or they will wind up with a lot of frustrated users and a pissed off IT dept.

Posted via CB10
    I'm using 10.3.1.2744 on VZW Classics and a Z30 (I think) and I haven't found much problems with the basic VVM. I do have one guy that went from a Q10 on 10.2.1 to Classic on 10.3.1.2744 and had some issues. He always has issues though, never is happy.

As soon as I get a new Classic, I immediately use an Autoloader to load 10.3.1.2744.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    06-11-15 08:18 PM
    My VZW contract is up at the end of July and I am planning on leaving them. I'm tired of being unable to use the phones I want because they are GSM-only.

And I'm tired of having to wait so long for OTA updates.

Thanks to Sachesi, I'm running 10.3.2 on my VZW Z10 and it's great. Blend alone is worth the upgrade to 10.3.1 or newer.

I hope VZW improves their BlackBerry support and selection, but they've lost my business come July.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    06-11-15 10:34 PM
    Thanks for all the ideas/thoughts. We don't use visual voicemail at the moment, or at least it's not really an issue for us. So no problem there. That said, the struggle in getting our organization comfortable with using an autoloader or Sachesi to upgrade is demonstrating to the powers that be that the software hasn't been tampered with in anyway. Ultimately it comes down to a compliance issue...and being able to demonstrate that it's compliant. Nobody seems to know for sure, so nobody seems to want to take the risk. Thoughts?
    06-12-15 01:20 AM
    Thoughts?
    Sachesi can download a text file providing the direct links to the OS on BlackBerry's server. If using those links to download direct isn't enough proof that the software hasn't been tampered with then you're probably SOL.

[CB10 / Q10]
    06-12-15 02:32 AM
    Sachesi can download a text file providing the direct links to the OS on BlackBerry's server. If using those links to download direct isn't enough proof that the software hasn't been tampered with then you're probably SOL.

[CB10 / Q10]
    I would add that every time you boot a BlackBerry it runs a series of checks for OS integrity as the software loads. If anything has been tampered with or altered, you'd know it.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    06-12-15 07:43 AM
67 123