Recently I finally gave my z10 a try and finally mastered the virtual keyboard and loving it. But I went back to my q10, and of course I miss the hell out of a physical keyboard, with the smaller screen. Here's where the confusion comes into play for my next purchase. I really wanna buy the classic, but the leap and z30 just looks fantastic to type on its touchscreen.

I really want to stick with one for a while and have it as my everyday work horse then flipping back and forth, from phone to phone, with the virtual and physical keyboard. Any ideas you guys thanks.
    06-07-15 04:09 PM
    Get the passport, best phone going,
    06-07-15 05:09 PM
    Recently I finally gave my z10 a try and finally mastered the virtual keyboard and loving it. But I went back to my q10, and of course I miss the hell out of a physical keyboard, with the smaller screen. Here's where the confusion comes into play for my next purchase. I really wanna buy the classic, but the leap and z30 just looks fantastic to type on its touchscreen.

I really want to stick with one for a while and have it as my everyday work horse then flipping back and forth, from phone to phone, with the virtual and physical keyboard. Any ideas you guys thanks.
    Sounds like you are unknowingly in the 'Patiently-awaiting-the-release-of-the-Slider' club... Welcome aboard!

Nothing beats BlackBerry's virtual keyboard - except for their physical keyboard! We'll be able to have the best of both worlds! The Passport is a pretty awesome hybrid of both but I'm still going to be tempted away by the slider.

Form vs. Function is a delicate balance. Fuse the two perfectly and inject some 'awesomeness' into the package (nothing beats how 'cool' it is to slide your phone open to answer a call and sliding it closed to hang up. OK, flip phone fans, that is a debate for another day when flip phones see their return to modern OS's...) and you have a winning combination. The Slider will make BlackBerry cool again.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    06-07-15 05:32 PM
    Slider is just wow. But that classic just looks so appealing, along with the trackpad. I havent had a trackpad since I had the curve. it does make sense about the slider that will be coming out with a combination of everything, it does look more tempting with that slider coming out of it. My head is spinning on these devices lol. I just might wait for the slider it definitely caught my eye now.
    06-07-15 06:18 PM
    You're not the only one OP. Yesterday I held a z30 for the first time at a verizon store. I absolutely loved the size and the screen real estate, but then I held the Classic...so conflicted right now.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 09:44 AM
    I have the classic I would go classic I had z10 and q10 before this and this is the best

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 09:49 AM
    Oh yes it is very temping and hard lol as I speak.
    06-28-15 09:41 AM
    Get the Passport. Love mine!!

Posted via Passport
    06-28-15 04:33 PM
    It is confusing for sure.

Be selective about which BlackBerry keyboard phone you might choose because there is a double typing issue with the q10, Passport and Classic. Only the Q5 keyboard works without problems.

The physical keyboard phone gives you great shortcuts. Productivity.

The virtual keyboard phone gives you a better and bigger screen experience. Fun.

Both are good.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 08:18 PM
    I think the slider is a bit too big, especially coming from a Q10 or a Z10.

The thing is, BlackBerry phones are so cheap that you could just have two phones.

I bought a Q10 and a Z10 outright, and they still cost less than a single IPhone.
    Now, I can switch whenever I want.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 03:06 AM
    I have both as well (q-z10) but I just want to go with my next purchase with just one blackberry and stick with it for at least one whole year. I really want to get the classic.. I do miss the track pad on a blackberry phone. Passport does look nice, along with the slider. Only time will tell.
    06-29-15 03:25 AM
    I have both. Passport and Z30. I don't know which I prefer. I don't care though. Coz I have both. Two hands, two phones. You do the math.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    06-29-15 05:08 AM
    I like most here, have a z10 and q10. I switch every couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:20 PM
    The Slider will give the best of both worlds for sure at least PKB + VKB wise. Will wait for it to come out before I choose between than and the Classic. Rocking my Q5 at the moment!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 01:45 PM
    Have a z10, z30 and q5. While I think a virtual keyboard is better most of the time, I do like clickity clacking on my Q5 from time for time and it is great, and then go back to virtual keyboard.

If you are happy with both phones, I would just stick with what you have.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 12:28 AM
    While I also ponder virtual (Z10) vs physical keyboard (Classic, Passport), I'm baffled you think we have any clue.

Only you can decide what's best for you.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    Last edited by ppeters914; 08-01-15 at 06:34 PM.
    08-01-15 01:06 AM
    I have been through this dilemma too. I value the screen size more than the physical keyboard, hence the choice became clear.
    (I use the Z10 for reading ebooks, I guess more screen space would be better, though I have yet own any BlackBerry pkb)

Posted on my white Z10 via CB10
    08-01-15 09:19 AM
    I put this up on another forum but thought it might fit better here. Since the OP wants an evaluation, I thought I would put my comparison of the Classic vs the Z10 now that I have had the chance to try the Classic for four months. I really liked the Z10 while it was my main device but I missed the keyboard and track pad of the 9930 as I do a lot of copy and paste with my business. Here are my impressions. ‎
    ‎‎
    1) The Classic is heavier and typing on the keyboard makes it feel a little top-heavy. This makes it a bit of an adjustment in positioning because my thumbs were beginning to experience a little strain and fatigue from pressing that you don't get with the touch screen, which is light and easy. Initial advantage would seem to lie with the Z10 until...

2)*The joy (being sarcastic) of trying to position the cursor.*I am typing away and find that there are some mistakes due to the way I type. Then the irritation with trying to correct becomes more evident. No wonder BlackBerry came up with such an excellent auto correct feature. It makes up for the some of the deficiencies that exist in touch screen typing; the biggest of which comes when you are trying to correct, copy and paste, or when trying to get the cursor in the right place on a website. I had only been on the Classic for a few days and the memories of the overwhelming efficency of the physical keyboard came flooding back. These include accuracy of typing, shortcuts for launching an app or closing a browser (especially with multiple windows frames open), quickly and smoothly moving between apps using the back button and track pad, and simplicity of the answer and hang up keys. The last two alone make the Classic stand out above everything else on the market.*

3) Screen size surprisingly was not the issue I thought it would be. When you stack the two phones side by side, they are almost the same size. This means that BlackBerry has done a good job of getting the size of the screen to where the keyboard style is almost perfect. If the screen were much bigger, the phone would become too top-heavy. Although the Z10 might get the nod here for media related items, for the occasional video I need it for, it works.*

4) Overall phone size. This is an area where preference plays a huge part. I don't like big phones. I want a phone that I can put in my pocket if necessary, not carry around like an accessory. Both the Z10 and Classic are the right size for me.*

5) Battery. Putting it simply, the Classic gives me around a day and a half if I want to push it to the limit for my use. With the Z10, I had a charger available in the car and one at home so I was always covered. One advantage of the Z10 battery is that it is removable. I have friends with iPhones and the commercials mocking people sitting by an outlet is no joke. Their phones hit about a year and a half and they took chargers everywhere. They then went to exterior batteries to tether their phones to and they are stuck with that until their contract is up. I hope that doesn't happen with the Classic.*

So, which one wins? Years ago Crackberry had an excellent article on choosing a phone that matches your needs. When you do that, you will be much happier with your device and less likely to overspend by running after the latest and greatest when what you have works. For me, what works is BlackBerry. The security and simplicity of the OS is what has kept me as a fan since the days of the Curve. And I am not someone who quickly changes what I have if it works. Although the Z10 has been a nice change of pace, had the Classic been around when the switch was made to the BB10, it would have been my choice. So, evaluate your needs and go with what will work best for you. Just make sure it is a BlackBerry.*

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 10:48 AM

That's will depend on your preference, which one you love the most. For example me, I never like QWERTY physic that's why I never buy old BlackBerry like Gemini, Torch, Dakota, Samoa, Apollo, Bellagio, Curve, Curve 3G, Bolt, Monza, Aries, etc. So I choose all touch screens. Previously I was all touchscreen Android, once used Nokia Lumia 520, and since May 2015 I give it a try BlackBerry Z10, not bad, I like its full touch screen. From Android till BlackBerry Z10, I prefer virtual keyboard the most.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 09:14 AM