Hey Everyone,

I'm a University student from Australia and have been intrigued with the passport over the last few weeks. There is literally no where i can physically view one of the devices as no phone stores stock them near where i live, but i have pretty big hands and can comfortale handle my current Lumia 1020.

I understand the PP is for productivity, which the entire reason that i was first drawn to it. I've had the Lumia 1020 for the past year, and find i am 'trying' to use it more and more for Uni work (ie word documents, powerpoints, Slides etc..) but struggle as i feel like it's not built for that type of stuff. I don't really use my phone for games, mostly ; reddit, taking notes, phone calls, messaging, emails.

I really, really, really, like the idea of bb hub and the blend! I recently got an old MBP running, are they ok to integrate with the BB blend?

Are there any other Uni/college students out there that have used the PP and found it helping them with their studies?

I plan to keep the Lumia as a Camera Phone, that i can Instagram and Facebook with (an other photosharing apps).

My other question is, the PP has been out for nearly a year now? (correct me if i'm wrong) is there any inkling that a newer iteration will be released anytime soon? as this will either give me a more powerful device, or allow for a cheaper PP (i am a uni student and don't have the greatest cash flow currently, but will fork out the $$ if a device is going to last me).

Sorry for the ramblings, and hope that this is the correct thread to post to,

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
    06-07-15 05:42 AM
    Hi,

As far as new devices or a Passport 2 is concerned, I think what might his the shelf towards this year is the 'Oslo'. Google for it and you should find a few mentions and pictures.

Frankly, this wouldn't make me waiting. The Passport is a brilliant device that will support you in your private and professional live without letting you down at any time.

The form factor needs a bit of a 'learningcurve' but if you are willing to keep going you will very soon love to handle and use it.

As far as Oz is concerned, I'd like to stop by and let you play with mine. But Germany is not exactly next door

I am running with the Passport since it was release last year and I keep loving it more every day. Every OS update makes it a better device.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

 Posted via CB10 from my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Edwin312 likes this.
    06-07-15 06:29 AM
    Hey edwin... I'm in Australia too and for me too it was really hard to make the call of buying one without actually being able to see it in person first... I got a good deal on ebay so took the plunge. I've been using it for 2 days now. It's really really great. In regards to the size... I have tiny girl hands (I'm a girl) and while it is an adjustment it isn't major.

It has fit in all my pockets so far. I came from a Samsung galaxy s4 and for me at least the s4 was just as much of a stretch for me with one handed use so it doesn't make much difference too me. I saw sooo many people comment on how they can not use it at all one handed.. I shot off a quick text just so say 'on the way' today while carrying shopping in the other hand. Might not be as swift than when u have two hands, but it gets the job done.

Battery life is superb and the phone itself is so quick it's ridiculous.. all my friends saw it today and first commented on the size and in the same sentence were all like...actually it looks really cool.

Keyboard also excellent, taken me very little time to adjust (I did have a q10 before I killed it tho). I could actually see the PP be a useful companion during lectures for note taking etc. I am already typing without constantly looking at the keys so you could still have your head up while typing away.

Anyway in conclusion I say do it... you won't look back. I've have iPhone 5, note 3, lumia 925 etc... this easily beats them all.

Oh and as a fellow Oz, I'm on virgin (optus) and so far solid reception super fast Web etc so no dramas there.

Good luck. Look forward to hearing how you go.

Jac

Posted via CB10
    Edwin312 likes this.
    06-07-15 07:38 AM
    Hi,

As far as new devices or a Passport 2 is concerned, I think what might his the shelf towards this year is the 'Oslo'. Google for it and you should find a few mentions and pictures.

Frankly, this wouldn't make me waiting. The Passport is a brilliant device that will support you in your private and professional live without letting you down at any time.

The form factor needs a bit of a 'learningcurve' but if you are willing to keep going you will very soon love to handle and use it.

As far as Oz is concerned, I'd like to stop by and let you play with mine. But Germany is not exactly next door

I am running with the Passport since it was release last year and I keep loving it more every day. Every OS update makes it a better device.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

 Posted via CB10 from my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    If you can lay your hands on 10.3.2.440 , I presume you will be out of words to eulogise BlackBerry OS 10.

Posted via CB10
    Edwin312 likes this.
    06-07-15 08:45 AM
    There ye go. And a lot more testimonial will come after this. I'm 40 years old and have never had a BlackBerry ever in my life until two months ago when I bought my Passport. It's been a blast ever since. It's truly a wonderful device, with a truly great OS to boot. The community here is also very helpful so there can't be a reason to feel lost, at all.

Go get it.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1, v.10.3.2.798
    Edwin312 likes this.
    06-07-15 08:48 AM
    In my opinion pp is an unique device. I'm sure is much better than your current Nokia, but is not the best phone you can buy.

I own PP for 6 months now, I really enjoy typing on it and the hub is great. However you should know that many applications are missing in blackberry.

If I had the opportunity to buy new phone right now I will go with iPhone, its for work and entertainment, is for anything.

Passport
    06-08-15 04:02 PM
    Any newer passport will be more expensive at launch, just get one now and save some bucks

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-08-15 04:33 PM
    Buy it! You won't regret it. Unique awesome device that's hands down the most productive phone. BlackBerry has always had the best email experience and now matched with Blend it makes it even more productive and useful.
    I would get another one in a heart beat, but I'd personally get the red one next time.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 05:16 PM