anyone know of a way to transfer my contacts from my iphone to my storm besides doing it manually one by one?
    11-24-08 11:23 PM
    That would suck to have to do it one by one. I the iPhone not on the Device Switch Wizard? You would think it would be if they want to get the iPhone customer base to come to the world of BlackBerry!
    11-24-08 11:25 PM
    sync your contacts to outlook and use device switch wizard
    11-24-08 11:26 PM
    Are you using a Mac or a PC? My answer will depend on your answer.
    11-24-08 11:29 PM
    both but i guess id prefer pc
    11-24-08 11:31 PM
    if you're on the mac, you could just use PocketMac for blackberry.

edit: just looked on the site and the driver for the storm is in beta
    Last edited by gibsonhtp; 11-24-08 at 11:46 PM.
    11-24-08 11:43 PM
    if you're on the mac, you could just use PocketMac for blackberry
    I have been TOLD (have not tried this yet) that a fresh install of pocketmac will sync with the storm. Later today I am going to test that theory & see if it holds up. MOST people have not been able to get it to work.

I have never owned an Iphone although all my computers are apple so I have a question, how do you currently sync, backup your contacts right now?
    11-24-08 11:46 PM
    I did mine manually, its a pain but might as well get started on it
    11-24-08 11:47 PM
    Take them to a verizon store. They did mine on friday.
    11-24-08 11:51 PM
    I did mine manually, its a pain but might as well get started on it
    i have over 2oo contacts =-(
    11-24-08 11:53 PM
    in itunes you can sync contacts to your computer on a mac which makes it go into contacts once you have your contacts on there you have many options you can export them as a file and import them on your pc or wherever and sync with the bb...
    11-24-08 11:55 PM
    I have been TOLD (have not tried this yet) that a fresh install of pocketmac will sync with the storm. Later today I am going to test that theory & see if it holds up. MOST people have not been able to get it to work.

I have never owned an Iphone although all my computers are apple so I have a question, how do you currently sync, backup your contacts right now?
    i never have sync nor backed up
    11-25-08 12:06 AM
    Just tried a fresh install of PocketMac and it doesn't seem to work yet for the storm. Right now, I just manually added the contacts I had on my iphone. I don't sync them to anything yet.

11-25-08 12:39 AM
    Just tried a fresh install of PocketMac and it doesn't seem to work yet for the storm. Right now, I just manually added the contacts I had on my iphone. I don't sync them to anything yet.
    Thanks for the update, I was just about to try.
    11-25-08 12:44 AM
    booooo. im back to square one
    11-25-08 02:12 AM
    If you have gmail, you can use the google sync app. I previously had an iPhone, and had all my contacts saved on my Mac. I found the google sync app. and it worked perfectly.
    11-25-08 03:16 AM
    If you have gmail, you can use the google sync app. I previously had an iPhone, and had all my contacts saved on my Mac. I found the google sync app. and it worked perfectly.
    can you explain the process to me a bit. i would like to try this
    11-25-08 07:35 PM
    Wait, what is all the confusion about? Just take both of the phones to a Verizon Wireless store! Why worry about all this syncing BS. Let THEM do it. Takes all of 2 minutes.
    11-25-08 07:39 PM
    Wait, what is all the confusion about? Just take both of the phones to a Verizon Wireless store! Why worry about all this syncing BS. Let THEM do it. Takes all of 2 minutes.
    very true. but i work graveyard and go to school during the day. im lucky if i can sleep 6 or 7 hours. no free time
    11-25-08 07:41 PM
    anyone? else with suggestions?
    11-25-08 11:31 PM
    synched mine with Missing Sync the day I bought the Storm. Worked great.

(although, for some reason three days later I can't get it to sync again...hmmmm. so frustrating.)
    11-25-08 11:49 PM
    sync your contacts to outlook and use device switch wizard
    thanx. finally got around to it and it worked like a charm. if anyone else needs to do this i recomend outlook. seemed to be the easiest route
    11-26-08 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD