Is it possible to install a new cellular radio in a z10? Or is that something that is integral to the hard drive or maybe I don't even need a clue what I'm talking about. I'm going to say that I don't have a clue but it's worth a try right

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 07:20 PM
    Well let me ask you this -- where would you get the cellular radio if you could? Where would you get the compatible radio bar for BB10 OS? How would you install it or remove the existing one?
    06-02-15 07:46 PM
    Exactly my question hahaha. I'm just trying to save my phone and am out of options. New Sim card didn't help. Signal still comes and goes as it pleases so I'm guessing it's effed. Too bad really because I like this phone and a Z30 is nowhere to be found where I'm at. Order and wait I guess

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 08:25 PM
    What exactly is the problem with your phone? What OS are you on? You maybe able to load a different radio bar.
    06-02-15 08:31 PM
    10.3.1.1865. 100-3. I didn't have a problem on 10.2 but the phone has hit the ground a few times. So I assume that something is wrong inside. I know nothing about the radio or how it works. Do you think that there is a way to save the phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 08:44 PM
    Sorry, the problem is that during a call or while I'm online, it goes into emergency call only. Sometimes a hard start fixes it sometime I go for an hour without being able to make a call

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 08:47 PM
    Sounds like you've bad cell reception. You could upgrade to OS .2726 or OS .2744 and see if that helps things. Both of those are still available via Sachesi or if you'd like a clean start and don't mind wiping your phone the autoloaders are available also. How did you install OS .2708 (SR .1865) last?
    06-02-15 09:06 PM
    I did a wipe and reloaded the OS through link

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 09:38 PM
    I'd recommend downloading and running an autoloader to start over from scratch. Especially if you previously updated from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 using BB Link or Sachesi or even OTA. When you reloaded through Link, presumably you also restored everything and that may be causing some issues. I do not recommend restoring anything after using an autoloader. However as an alternative, you could download just the radio bar from one of the previous OS's I mentioned and sideload just that one bar with Sachesi followed by a reset.
    06-02-15 10:18 PM
    Holy, that's maybe a bit over my head. I did originally download the OS from Sasktel and I did (for the first time) back up the phone and reload. It cleared up some glitches but the dropped calls remain. If I followed your advice, I assume that I would have to put all contacts back manually. From what you are telling me, I'm assuming that there is a list of random items that can be downloaded from sanshi. Is this correct? Not sure on the spelling of sanshi

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:30 PM
    There are a number of third party apps in BB World (Ultimate Backup comes to mind) that you can use to back up the information on your phone and then restore just those items afterwards, such as contacts, sms/mms, call logs, and remember notes. You will also need to re-download any android apps and apps purchased from BB World.
    06-02-15 10:57 PM
    Okay. Thanks. That I kinda understand. I'm just a little leery about loading and unloading when I've never done it before. Would it be possible somehow for me to pick your brain at a later date when I've got some time to actually sit and spend some time at it?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 11:16 PM
    If you have to reload an app (excluding android, I don't have any) would you have to pay again?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 11:19 PM
    If you have to reload an app (excluding android, I don't have any) would you have to pay again?

Posted via CB10
    No. Your purchases are tied to your BlackBerry ID.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    06-02-15 11:31 PM
    Okay. Thanks. That I kinda understand. I'm just a little leery about loading and unloading when I've never done it before. Would it be possible somehow for me to pick your brain at a later date when I've got some time to actually sit and spend some time at it?

Posted via CB10
    Sure, we're all here to help. There are also some great tutorials up at the top of the Beta/Leaked forums in the Sticky threads. You may want to read through a few of them, at least the first few posts of each, to familiarize yourself with things. It may seem overwhelming at first, but it really is not.
    06-02-15 11:58 PM
    Okay, so as far as learning, wtf is beta and how does it equate to BB10. I've never owned anything but BlackBerry and until BB10 (as far as I knew ,and now that I'm writing it, I'm sure I'm wrong) there was no mention of Beta. That being said, I also never hung out at Crackberry either until the Z10. This phone is the perfect size for me and all I'll ever need. Don't like android and refuse to join the herd, so I'd like to be able to program it as proficiently as the rest of you. All the help given here is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 12:12 AM
    Now that 10.3.2 is being pushed out, I'm not sure what the latest official OS you will receive. I believe it's currently just being pushed to unlocked devices, but could be wrong.

Take a look at this thread and my posts in it (from the Z30 section) on how to update non-destructive (you will not lose anything and will receive the latest official OS from BlackBerry) as well as autoloaders if you want to backup and give them a shot.

Not sure if your device is unlocked or if your carrier is fast with updates since 10.3.2 will roll out within the next few weeks except for a few US carriers that may take their time although Chen hinted on Twitter that the update will be out soon for those in the US. Worth a read; lots of information simplified...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1020468

Hoping my WiFi issues on the Z10 are fixed with 10.3.2 as well!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 01:27 AM
    Will do. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 01:40 AM