I just recently got a Fitbit Charge HR and I can't sync my fitbit with my phone so that I can get call notifications. I tried to follow the instructions from sites and their website but can't find the call notification option anywhere on my fitbit app on my z10. I don't know if this helps or not but I got the fitbit app using Snap. Is anyone else having this problem?
    06-01-15 02:49 AM
    You need BlackBerry 10.3+ because the Android Runtime doesn't support Low Energy Bluetooth prior to that.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:18 AM
    Couple of questions is it worth getting the charge hr version. I'm in the market for this as well. I've read in other forums that people have it working. But they might be on the newest software. Are you?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:49 AM
    Couple of questions is it worth getting the charge hr version. I'm in the market for this as well. I've read in other forums that people have it working. But they might be on the newest software. Are you?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Worth getting in respect to what? I am a content Fitbit Flex owner using the Fitbit app from Amazon appstore on Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2576.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 11:06 AM
    You need BlackBerry 10.3+ because the Android Runtime doesn't support Low Energy Bluetooth prior to that.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the input! I guess I won't have the call notifications until Verizon releases the 10.3+.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    I also read in the Z30 section people got the call notification working but they were running 10.3+ like what oystersourced said. I am not on the newest software, still on 10.2. I'm not quite sure whether I will or not update my Z10 because in a month or so I am switching to a new phone, which is probably a Z30.

I just got mines yesterday and so far I am liking mines very much. I mainly got it to see how many calories I was losing and steps I am taking but saw that the charge hr had a bonus with the heart rate, sleep tracker, and call notification so that's why I got it but of course it turns out I needed an update version of the BB10. Something I have yet to test of course is the battery life because with the heart rate monitor on all the time it eats up the batteries. The box says 5 days but my sister knows someone that has one and said it lasts only 3 days. But of course there is an option where you are able to turn it on and off.
    06-01-15 04:02 PM
    Ok Thx for the input. Reason why i ask is because i won a FitBit Flex but looking into maybe selling it and purchasing the HR version instead. Main purposes would be step tracker and curious on my sleeping patterns. But the notifications on it would be great too since and have 10.3 on my phone. And the flex edoesnt even display the time.

Cheers
    06-02-15 09:33 AM
    I have a FitBit charge. I installed the leaked 10.3.1.2708 on my Z10 specifically to allow me to sync with it. I have verizon.

If you don't want to install the leak, then you can still use the app, but you'll need to sync through your computer. It happens automatically if your computer is on and you're in the proximity.

The call notifications are kind of hit or miss though. And the caller ID data does not go through. When the call notification works, my FitBit will vibrate and the phone icon is displayed. Sometimes it just vibrates. Sometimes it vibrates after I connect the.

My advice: If you are anxious about installing the leaked OS, don't be. If you're still anxious, but really want to be able to use your Z10 to sync your FitBit, then installed the leak. If you're still anxious about installing the leak but really want to get call notifications on your fitbit and aren't concerned about syncing through your phone, then don't bother. But still, don't be anxious about installing the leaked OS.

I also have verizon. I used to install every single leak that was available. It was embedded into me since the storm days. But since my Z10, I figured leaks aren't worth the hassle, especially with the horribly limited backup/restore features compared to bbos. But for me, the 10.3.1.2708 leak was worth it because VZW is just dragging their feet to slowly.

Cheers. hope that helps.
    06-02-15 09:46 AM
    Ok Thx for the input. Reason why i ask is because i won a FitBit Flex but looking into maybe selling it and purchasing the HR version instead. Main purposes would be step tracker and curious on my sleeping patterns. But the notifications on it would be great too since and have 10.3 on my phone. And the flex edoesnt even display the time.

Cheers
    In respect to steps and sleep the flex is great, one thing to bear in mind while using these devices is that they are designed so you can analyse trends rather than being 100% accurate. Fitbit have an algorithm which actually inflates your step count if it picks up on you doing strenuous actions (extra Gforce I guess).

However that all being said I'd recommend Fitbit. One main issue of the flex is that the wristbands are prone to splitting, they are waterproof however I try to keep soaps, etc away from the straps as much as possible because I don't really know if the chemicals effect the plastic.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 11:23 AM
    The hr tracks heart rate.
    11-27-15 11:53 AM