When I create a new contact, it defaults to adding that contact to both my Exchange account and Local Contacts. I have no desire to add the contact to both. I only want it added to Exchange. So I unclick Local Contacts.

However, this is an annoying extra step, which sometimes I forget, and I end up with a copy of the contact in my Exchange account and locally.

Is there a way to make the default ONLY be my Exchange account? Why would the default be both? It seems the default is designed to create duplicate contacts.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 02:51 PM
    There's no way to make it default only to your Exchange account.

However, you could go to your Exchange account in the contacts app then create a new contact. That will create the new contact only under Exchange

And you could delete all contacts saved locally from Settings > Accounts >hit the three dots and choose Clear Local Contacts

Simply 
    05-30-15 03:52 PM
    Yup this is a little ridiculous, it should allow you to pick a default profile and then only add it if you want it to be added to local or sim. Seems like it should be default for an exchange account.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 05:04 PM
    I unchecked local and sim making a contact. Left Gmail on. After that every time I make a new contact it remembers that setup.

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500 
    05-30-15 06:11 PM
    When in contacts, just filter on left side to the account you want to make default; and make sure SIM contacts are turned off in contacts settings.

This is how I get contacts to default to Gmail only when created, except for when I click a number in text messages and hit add new through the hub.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 01:47 AM
    I unchecked local and sim making a contact. Left Gmail on. After that every time I make a new contact it remembers that setup.

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500 
    What OS are you on? Because mine does NOT work this way (and it appears everyone else is the same as me here).
    05-31-15 05:34 AM
    There's no way to make it default only to your Exchange account.

However, you could go to your Exchange account in the contacts app then create a new contact. That will create the new contact only under Exchange

And you could delete all contacts saved locally from Settings > Accounts >hit the three dots and choose Clear Local Contacts

Simply 
    Thanks, that's a decent work around. But still have the same problem when adding a contact from another app.
    05-31-15 05:35 AM
    When in contacts, just filter on left side to the account you want to make default; and make sure SIM contacts are turned off in contacts settings.

This is how I get contacts to default to Gmail only when created, except for when I click a number in text messages and hit add new through the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, thanks.
    05-31-15 05:35 AM
    What OS are you on? Because mine does NOT work this way (and it appears everyone else is the same as me here).
    Haha... it says right in his post what OS he is on.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 06:05 AM
    Haha... it says right in his post what OS he is on.

Posted via CB10
    Got it. They must have broken it with 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:03 AM