1. Ghost Armor Customer Service's Avatar
    Hello Everyone!,

I am very sorry I was not on here earlier and I cannot stay I have a couple other duties I have to attend to tonight. BUT I will be on here tomorrow night and will go over any installation tips/Questions you have for me. Anyway I am really sorry you are definatley my favorite forum haha I will be back soon.

ALSO TO SHED ANY CONCERN GHOST ARMOR DOES NOT DAMAGE THE DEVICE ON APPLICATION OF THE STORM AND PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO APPLY THE ARMOR WHILE IN A ROOM FULL OF STEAM.
    11-24-08 09:07 PM
    Awesome! Thank you for coming back. I installed mine today and it seemed to work really well, but we'll see how it turned out tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far and talk to you tomorrow night then.
    11-24-08 09:14 PM
    Hi Eric,

I was going to install tonight but I think I'll wait till this weekend when I have more time. Here are a few install questions:

1. What's the recommended order for installation (which pieces first)?

2. How do you get the chrome pieces to stay on?

3. What specific steps due you take to apply the screen?

Cheers!
    11-24-08 09:14 PM
    Hello Everyone!,

I am very sorry I was not on here earlier and I cannot stay I have a couple other duties I have to attend to tonight. BUT I will be on here tomorrow night and will go over any installation tips/Questions you have for me. Anyway I am really sorry you are definatley my favorite forum haha I will be back soon.

ALSO TO SHED ANY CONCERN GHOST ARMOR DOES NOT DAMAGE THE DEVICE ON APPLICATION OF THE STORM AND PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO APPLY THE ARMOR WHILE IN A ROOM FULL OF STEAM.
    Nice! And the thing about the steam, thanks for the heads up!
    11-24-08 09:23 PM
    haha yeah i was SOOO going to go into a room full of steam lol

maybe even apply it while taking a shower?
    11-24-08 09:31 PM
    hey ninja! Thanks for the props.

Just got my ghost shield in the mail... thinking about doing this tomorrow when GACS is online so i can get some LIVE tips.
    11-24-08 09:42 PM
    Just got my ghost shield in the mail.
    Ahem! Don't let Eric see you calling it Ghost Shield! Can't mix a Pitbull and a Weener Dog and make it work...
    11-24-08 09:48 PM
    What is this Invisible Armor Ghost Shield you people speak of?

Hopefully my GA install goes well tonight.
    11-24-08 09:50 PM
    Funny Guy!
    11-24-08 09:54 PM
    Just installed my.. going to leave the battery out overnight and will see how it looks in the morning. As for now I see a few spots that is not crystal clear... hopefully it will go away once it dries out in the morning.
    11-24-08 10:34 PM
    Any way I can get a small piece for the unprotected part near the headphone jack?

Also may might want to consider not installing the armor on the botton hard buttons. Might make it more prone to being pulled out and maybe without the armor it might make it safer since it won't be flush with the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xxraffyxx; 11-25-08 at 12:06 AM.
    11-24-08 10:44 PM
    Hey ghost instead of just cutting the pieces have they thought of beveling the edges? Beveled cut would give a better feel in the end. Of course the screen should be kept the same. And all I ask for my great ideas is a fee sample so I can review it.

11-24-08 10:50 PM
    My Ghost Armor went on last night in 1 hour. It all looks great and feels nicer (I think) that the IS I had put on my treo. GA feels less sticky and more like smooth plastic, but still give a bit more grip than the phone alone.
    Only problem is, I F*$%ed up the instal on the screen - I have some lines that have remained a 1/16 in bubble that I am pretty sure will not go away (it was 1/8 inch this morning, but I got it to compress down to 1/16"). Can I remove and reapply the screen cover? It's been 12 hours since the initial instal. Or does it totally mess it up if I peel it off (ie, will need to buy a seperate, new screen cover...Argh). Anybody tried removing and reapplying this late?
    11-25-08 11:56 AM
    My Ghost Armor went on last night in 1 hour. It all looks great and feels nicer (I think) that the IS I had put on my treo. GA feels less sticky and more like smooth plastic, but still give a bit more grip than the phone alone.
    Only problem is, I F*$%ed up the instal on the screen - I have some lines that have remained a 1/16 in bubble that I am pretty sure will not go away (it was 1/8 inch this morning, but I got it to compress down to 1/16"). Can I remove and reapply the screen cover? It's been 12 hours since the initial instal. Or does it totally mess it up if I peel it off (ie, will need to buy a seperate, new screen cover...Argh). Anybody tried removing and reapplying this late?
    Well, i couldn't take it anymore. I started to peel it up with my fingers wet and kept it moist as I pulled it away (which required a fair amount of work). I wet the heck out of it, cleaned the screen, got the excess fluid off and reapplied - it is now beautiful. I am very impressed with this stuff!
    11-25-08 05:03 PM
    Do you guys sell *just* the screen alone? All I see on your website is a full body shield.
    11-25-08 05:06 PM
    Do you guys sell *just* the screen alone? All I see on your website is a full body shield.
    Look again, for just the screen it's 14.99 and for full body it's an extra 10 bucks. I'm really glad to here all the success stories from people applying their GA. And from the looks of it, GA is crystal clear. Thanks to raffy posting pics after he installed his GA. But i'm not totally sure if i'm going to buy the full body. Maybe i'll just get the screen alone and then use a seidio innocase for the rest.

11-25-08 05:58 PM
    Instead of waiting for it to dry overnight(?), could a hair dryer/blower be used(on low setting, I would guess?)?
    11-25-08 06:58 PM
  18. Ghost Armor Customer Service's Avatar
    I am here to help for 30 minutes if anyone has any questions let me know ASAP I will do my best to answer all of them
    11-25-08 07:22 PM
    I just had to remove my main screen (GA) due to a small bubble, been on for 24 hours. It came off a heck of a lot better than i thought it would. It was VERY hard to peel off, had to hold screen down and go slow with it but it didnt leave any residue or anything after removal.
    11-25-08 07:23 PM
  20. Ghost Armor Customer Service's Avatar
    Did you attempt to reinstall?
    11-25-08 07:25 PM
  21. Ghost Armor Customer Service's Avatar
    It seems no one is on right now sorry it was so late.

A couple pointers I want to make is when you apply the chrome do the left and right pieces first and the top and bottom second and apply them DRY! Don't use any solution! If you spray them they will not ever go on. Same goes for the buttons don't use any spray just peel and stick! It will look hazy but will clear up.
    11-25-08 07:36 PM
    Any way I can get a small piece for the unprotected part near the headphone jack?

Hey ghost instead of just cutting the pieces have they thought of beveling the edges? Beveled cut would give a better feel in the end. Of course the screen should be kept the same. And all I ask for my great ideas is a fee sample so I can review it.

ME!!!!!!!!!
    11-25-08 07:37 PM
    Do you use much spray for the screen? Spray on Ghost Armor, not on screen. How about sqeezgy? None gets in gaps? How to keep out?
    11-25-08 07:43 PM
  24. Ghost Armor Customer Service's Avatar
    I still have not heard anything from the field from our reps about the gap being an issue they simply apply it and squeegee it out. One thing they do is right after the install is complete they turn the phone over (so the speaker is facing to the floor) and tap the phone on their open hand w/paper towel for moisture to get out any remaining solution.

Just 2-3 sprays on film and one on screen should be fine.

Also make sure your not directly spraying film from 1-2 inches away make sure its about 4-5 inches away. It makes it easier. When you apply the film if it sticks instantly you dont have enough solution pick it up and spray one more time continue until it moves around a bit after you lay it.
    11-25-08 07:48 PM
  25. Ghost Armor Customer Service's Avatar
    When you are squeegeeing the film out make sure you hold the film in place with other hand while you squeegee
    11-25-08 07:49 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD